Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:48:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple is not a cryptocurrency  (Read 2582 times)
leopard2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:11:40 PM

Just a friendly reminder, Ripple is not a cryptocurrency

It is an electronic token, issued by a company. Ripple Labs Inc.

They can do what they want, they are in the USA, so they can receive national security letters - they may have received some already.

They can create tokens from thin air and basically they are a FINANCIAL INTERMEDIARY

Just like Wells Fargo blocked wire transfers to exchange because Uncle Sam wanted it, they could (be forced) do the same....they are unsuitable as an investment!

they have around 40 000 000 000 of their tokens floating around already, maximum is 100 000 000 000 (but can be changed anytime) and no one mines them!

If you want a penny crypto that can go up, for heavens sake, buy DOGE or NXT...  Wink

Truth is the new hatespeech.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 05:13:48 PM

Who cares?
DASH was instamined, BTC was premined, ...

99.99% here are in for the profit in the first place and in the second place for the technology.
leopard2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:17:26 PM

Who cares?

99.99% here are in for the profit in the first place and in the second place for the technology.

yeah...but the profit will be gone if the issuer gets goxxed somehow, if BTC had been created by MtGox it would be gone already.

kawacaki

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 06:07:40 PM

for a legendary member you started a pretty useless topic. Ripple is very clear of what it is and what there intentions are.. so who gives a f*ck about it not being decentralized or whatever.. you trust them or you don't

f0rmdeep

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:14:12 PM

Who cares?

yeah...but the profit will be gone if the issuer gets goxxed somehow, if BTC had been created by MtGox it would be gone already.

LOL i woudl trust a Accountable. Registered, Regulated and licensed company like ripple who can be sued under court of Law for fraud ( as they have to act strictly under bitlicense ) then trolls like you.

Got anything substantial ? no ? then ... you know what to do ... LMAO

f0rmdeep

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:16:52 PM

for a legendary member you started a pretty useless topic. Ripple is very clear of what it is and what there intentions are.. so who gives a f*ck about it not being decentralized or whatever.. you trust them or you don't

you know when i started i was like why so much negative against ripple... let me share you what i found... they hate it and That is because the so called Legendary member is part of the group who hate Ripple, because like bitcoin they cannot mine , they cannot form groups, they cannot corner the market, they cannot control. So as they cannot make enormous money and only company, and actual investors like you and me benefit, they hate it.

and come out and deceptively drive such campaigns.

what a shame on these trolls !

as for ripple everyone knows, its the next tech that will replace swift. XRP provides the cheapest remittance across globe. RCL based cloud is now being tried and prepared for commercialization by so many banks. One has to only google and follow authoritative sources like the institutions themselves ( sbi, MUFG, FED, BOA ,BOJ etc ) or ripple, bloomberg etc...

btw here is a 30 year experienced Treasury veteran Mr David Blair https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ripple-vs-swift-payment-revolution-david-blair : breaking down the fine details of ripple and swift and agreeing that ripple will eventually replace swift. this is a guy that governments hide as advisor. Go fiure, we listen to these sources, or trolls on this forum. The answer is simple. Ignore these trolls and have a happy life.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:27:32 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 06:42:05 PM by 2dogs

They can do what they want, they are in the USA, so they can receive national security letters - they may have received some already.

They can create tokens from thin air and basically they are a FINANCIAL INTERMEDIARY

Just like Wells Fargo blocked wire transfers to exchange because Uncle Sam wanted it, they could (be forced) do the same....they are unsuitable as an investment!

they have around 40 000 000 000 of their tokens floating around already, maximum is 100 000 000 000 (but can be changed anytime) and no one mines them!

If you want a penny crypto that can go up, for heavens sake, buy DOGE or NXT...  Wink
True.

You won't find me listening or supporting legacy institutions (banks) that are in bed with the FEDs.

EDIT:  At the same time, I should mention XRP is a major holding in my trading portfolio - a wild and profitable ride, indeed!
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:30:49 PM

Actually I did not know most of what OP said, so I'm grateful for the info, even if he might have an ulterior motive.  And that instamine stuff is a lot different than a coin actually being produced by a single entity,  is it not?   Anyway, I've never owned any ripple and don't plan to.
f0rmdeep

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:34:15 PM

If you want a penny crypto that can go up, for heavens sake, buy DOGE or NXT...  Wink
True.

Why should I listen to or support legacy institutions such as the banking that are in bed with the FEDs?

If its a real philosophical difference, then i respect you more. Look there are two ways to reform the system.. i ( and most of ripple community ) don't think going and building a bubble and pretending world/government/regulation does not exist - is not the best way.

we believe in reform by working "with" the system.

btw the idea that total anarchy will be great is naive, even i dreamed during my school days. Google luck with a total people bank, hoping the word of mouth is never cheated upon and transacting without any regulatory protection.

anyways as i said, if its philosophical and you are on the opposite side, i respect you. But deception does not belong to a dignified soldier. you try your way and we try ours.. which ever succeeds - world will be better place.

hope you guys stop wasting time and money on useless misinformation campaigns, because if anything, the real links . news and information make you look like fishy and actually backfires ...

that's the thing with truth... just be honest and say you hate ripple because they work with banks ( whom u hate )
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:53:45 PM

maximum is 100 000 000 000 (but can be changed anytime)

wrong. supply cannot be altered per the protocol's rules.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:55:01 PM

LOL i woudl trust a Accountable. Registered, Regulated and licensed company like ripple who can be sued under court of Law for fraud ( as they have to act strictly under bitlicense ) then trolls like you.

Accountability could collide against a national security letter, that is a totally valid concern. You can get dragged into investigations as a nearbystander when funds you traded later get related to illegal activities (under any jurisdiction anywhere, I mean the sauds had their time slaughtering gays or try donations to falungong (exact names just slipped me, somewhat religious movement supressed in china))
(hinthint: I did not even mentioned Wikileaks. be very, veeery quiet!)

Or maybe I do no longer trust a kangaroo court. Made my experiences. Law and order just sounds all rosy. But then, watch the daily news.
f0rmdeep

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:56:17 PM

Accountability could collide against a national security letter, that is a totally valid concern. You can get dragged into investigations as a nearbystander when funds you traded later get related to illegal activities (under any jurisdiction anywhere, I mean the sauds had their time slaughtering gays or try donations to falungong (exact names just slipped me, somewhat religious movement supressed in china))
(hinthint: I did not even mentioned Wikileaks. be very, veeery quiet!)

Or maybe I do no longer trust a kangaroo court. Made my experiences. Law and order just sounds all rosy. But then, watch the daily news.

As i said really i DONT CARE. much better then the mafia, bitcoin-mining cabal etc etc .. look at segwit .. you want more ?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:07:04 PM

BTC was premined, ...

nope.

anyone was welcome to download the software. the only problem is that not very many people did for a very long time. there wasn't really any other way of doing it either. it had to function before anyone else would come on board.
leopard2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:30:28 PM

Ah, so sorry, my fault. So tell me, how many XRP miners are there, who are agreeing over the "protocol rules" LOL

leopard2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:32:08 PM

we believe in reform by working "with" the system.

You must be working for a Chinese troll factory for sure  Grin

groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:15:32 AM

HTracer

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:02:17 AM

What's bad if one trades ripple to increase bitcoins balance?
As to believers in "SBI VC's bright future", I hope they take the cautions in a rational way.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:33:19 PM

Ah, so sorry, my fault. So tell me, how many XRP miners are there, who are agreeing over the "protocol rules" LOL

More than Bitcoin pools at least:
https://validators.ripple.com/

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:38:08 PM

Who cares?

the profit go and return in any altcoin, ripple is not different, doge is now pumped ok but will be dumped after all this bubble will burst

they increased it at least oen time, so you are wrong, because they can do it later if they want, nothing can not be altered, especially with a centralized system like ripple, at least in decentralized system you need consensus

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:15:47 PM

they increased it at least oen time, so you are wrong
Got a source for that? Maybe you refer to coinmarketcap's "available supply" calculation... if you look at https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/ you see the total number instead, in case you got confused by this.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: