Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:26:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun Crypto (Purposeful DAO Concept)  (Read 622 times)
ABISprotocol (OP)

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

ABISprotocol on Gist

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 08:12:12 PM

Discussion on Calguns about using crypto / DAOs, networked machines, and robotics to develop purposeful system which would grind out and distribute receivers.  Machine is making the object, thus decoupling the human from any alleged offense the state might create associated with the making of the receiver.  Machine then distributes receivers to interested humans.  Could be programmed to acquire resources, maintain / repair itself, etc.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=20040559#post20040559

Conceptual / Idea (Doesn't exist in a warehouse yet, as of the date of this post)

ABISprotocol (Github/Gist)
http://abis.io
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onemanatatime

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Aluna.Social

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 04:27:48 AM

Discussion on Calguns about using crypto / DAOs, networked machines, and robotics to develop purposeful system which would grind out and distribute receivers.  Machine is making the object, thus decoupling the human from any alleged offense the state might create associated with the making of the receiver.  Machine then distributes receivers to interested humans.  Could be programmed to acquire resources, maintain / repair itself, etc.

Conceptual / Idea (Doesn't exist in a warehouse yet, as of the date of this post)

I tried reading it but totally don't get it.

Can you explain it to someone like me who doesn't have any form of programming or engineering background?

This time it's different.
ABISprotocol (OP)

ABISprotocol on Gist

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 07:47:16 PM

I tried reading it but totally don't get it.

Can you explain it to someone like me who doesn't have any form of programming or engineering background?

TL;DR, you've got a machine that looks like a printer but actually is a subtractive machining device (like a drill press except it does it work without you needing to handle anything).  It's hooked up to a computer, which would have a certain program, decentralized in nature (the reference to the DAO), which would allow actual humans to provide funds to it to carry out its purpose, as well as possibly to vote on matters related to its management if they had participated in the funding of the DAO.  Although the program would be decentralized and thus not particularly located in any one spot in the world (its original code might be managed through something like GitTorrent, but when deployed would be resident on many persons' machines all over the world), the physical necessities for the program to carry out its function would be in a warehouse, robotic basically.  So you'd have different machines carrying out the necessary functions of making and receiving orders for necessary materials, other machines moving necessary materials to the proper spot in the warehouse for subtractive machining and finishing, etc.  Humans would basically just serve to provide initial funding of it, the DAO / AI element would be designed to take responsibility for keeping profit up after the initial funding run, and humans would be the beneficiaries as a result of receiving any finished product.  If a warehouse is destroyed (e.g. raided by government or whatever) it wouldn't matter, the DAO would be designed to develop backup locations and redundant locations to ensure that it does not have a central point of failure that would compromise its function, to pump out and distribute receivers.

Not farfetched, actually, there's a pilot project in r/vyrdism that is looking at doing something like this not with guns, but rather with farmbots (though this particular, initial project would be closely managed by humans, not run totally by robots), but the future is here:  https://www.reddit.com/r/Vyrdism/comments/5d82w1/new_here_how_can_i_join_a_technocoop/

solitare

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:21:00 PM

So are you talking about 3D printing or machining gun recievers? Like lowers for ARS etc?

In the US this is not illegal as long as they aren't finished recievers.

What are called 80% lowers are legal to buy and sell legally.

Finishing them is also legal for an individual that is making them for themselves, and not to resale.
Unless you are a gun smith etc or some other person with the correct permits and licenses, selling finished recievers is illegal here.

So this is not advisable unless you want jack booted authority thugs kicking down your door in the middle of the night.

They would also round up everyone in their reach that had computers and servers hooked up.

As a gun enthusiast myself I love the idea, so if you go forward with it, I wish you the best of luck.
Cheesy
ABISprotocol (OP)

ABISprotocol on Gist

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 08:23:20 AM

So are you talking about 3D printing or machining gun recievers? Like lowers for ARS etc?

In the US this is not illegal as long as they aren't finished recievers.

What are called 80% lowers are legal to buy and sell legally.

Finishing them is also legal for an individual that is making them for themselves, and not to resale.
(...)

The individual wouldn't be finishing the lowers, it would be robots.  Basically there would be no human intervention whatever.  Robots would be doing everything from procurement to subtractive machining to delivery.  There would be no sale, the items would be given away.  Technically there would be what would amount to transfers, but government entities would have to go and invent a whole new class of crime since technically a robot can't be prosecuted for transferring without a license.  Presumably any potential "crime" a robot might be charged with for transferring a completed lower to someone could be mitigated / prevented by having interested parties make a small deposit (possibly in bitcoin) with the smart property tied to the robot(s) such that it would provably assert temporary ownership of a portion of the robot (and of the code which carries out its instructions) during the limited time the robot is working on subtractive machining on the item which will eventually be sent to the human individual.

Not to mention the fact that in most states, the act of making a lower for one's own personal use without registration and state-mandated S/Ns isn't a crime anyway, that is only planned in the North Korean state of California (AB 857, which becomes effective in July 2018) and it's likely to be contested in court when it becomes ripe to challenge in the year it becomes "effective."

As a gun enthusiast myself I love the idea, so if you go forward with it, I wish you the best of luck.
Cheesy

As mentioned, this idea is quite conceptual at this stage, there is nothing in any warehouse that would actually implement the idea - I don't have a horde of robots at my beck and call, but since there are already similar projects underway (e.g. the farmbot with smart property, etc), the feasibility of it is not in question.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: