Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:37:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do I get?  (Read 731 times)
Culdundy (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:27:30 PM

I want to start mining for bitcoin, I have done research but I still do not know what mining hardware I should get.
Should I get a prebuilt mine or build my own?
I have no clue, the mine I was going to get was a scam so I didn't get it. What should I do?
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 10:26:22 PM

You really can't make your own miner due to technical issues. You could, but it'd be immensely expensive and it'sd take lots of programming and effort. Due to this you have several choices, all from Bitmain or Avalon, the A7, S9, R4, or T9. Bitmain tends to have worse durability and support as well as horrible repairs so I usually tell people to go with Avalon for serious mining operations. They're not efficiency-wise better than Bitmain's miners but they're reliable and that matters when mining.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:41:05 AM

for bitcoin you can only mine with some profit, using antminer s9, which is the top one, until they make the new more effiicient miners

You really can't make your own miner due to technical issues. You could, but it'd be immensely expensive and it'sd take lots of programming and effort. Due to this you have several choices, all from Bitmain or Avalon, the A7, S9, R4, or T9. Bitmain tends to have worse durability and support as well as horrible repairs so I usually tell people to go with Avalon for serious mining operations. They're not efficiency-wise better than Bitmain's miners but they're reliable and that matters when mining.

i would be curious to know about the cost production for making antminers s9 on large scale, if they sell them for $1k or so, they are not spending more than $500, usually the aim is to have 2x of the cost of production
Taylorw

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:42:58 AM

There are still so many people who are about to start mining!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
     ▄█▀ ▄▄█████████████▄▄ ▀█▄

█▀ ▄███████▀   ▀███████▄ ▀█
   █ ▄████████▀     ▀████████▄ █
  █ ▄████████▀       ▀████████▄ █

█ ▄████████▀    █    ▀████████▄ █
▄▀▄█████        ▄█▄        █████▄▀▄
█ ██████▀▀▀     ███     ▀▀▀██████ █

█ ██████▄▄     ▄███▄     ▄▄██████ █
█ ███████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀███████ █
▀▄▀█████▀                 ▀█████▀▄▀

█ ▀███▀      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▀███▀ █
  █ ▀██      █████████      ██▀ █
   █ ▀██▄  ▄███████████▄  ▄██▀ █

█▄ ▀███████████████████▀ ▄█
     ▀█▄ ▀▀█████████████▀▀ ▄█▀

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

[.
WHITEPAPER
][.
CROWDSALE
]
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:38:36 PM

for bitcoin you can only mine with some profit, using antminer s9, which is the top one, until they make the new more effiicient miners

i would be curious to know about the cost production for making antminers s9 on large scale, if they sell them for $1k or so, they are not spending more than $500, usually the aim is to have 2x of the cost of production
They must have access to cheap Chinese or Malaysian production lines, the same lines that assemble fake electronics like Iphones and stuff. They can make anything you want, you just have to provide the schematics and the cost is very low, so i'd say a lot of the price goes for the designer of the new chip and a PCB it's put on.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:38:29 PM

They must have access to cheap Chinese or Malaysian production lines, the same lines that assemble fake electronics like Iphones and stuff. They can make anything you want, you just have to provide the schematics and the cost is very low, so i'd say a lot of the price goes for the designer of the new chip and a PCB it's put on.

Well gee, Bitmain IS a Chinese company....

I suspect the largest part of the cost of the first few batches of the S9 was the design and implimentation cost of the chip, since then I'm quite sure that the costs have dropped quite a bit (more so than the sales price) and Bitmain has been raking in lots of money to put towards their own mining farm *AND* eventual design of a "next generation chip".

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: