Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:01:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is stake?  (Read 483 times)
Kurohige (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:30:34 PM

I see some altcoin bounty campaign which rewards will be by stake.

So what does it mean? Like 5 stakes a week. Noob on this sorry. And usually when it will distribute? Does it a sure thing? Or wasting time?

Lurking...
BestWebCreator

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

:)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:34:13 PM

So let me explain it to you.

For examle the total bountie is 100 coins for all the users in the campaign. Everyone earns 5 stakes a week. In total you have participated for 4 weeks, so you got 20 stakes. Other users also get stakes, depending on the weeks they participated.

So you got 20 stakes and in total there were for example 500 stakes by all users in total.

So you will get 20/500 X 100 = 4 coins
Kurohige (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:38:13 PM

For examle the total bountie is 100 coins for all the users in the campaign. Everyone earns 5 stakes a week. In total you have participated for 4 weeks, so you got 20 stakes. Other users also get stakes, depending on the weeks they participated.

So you got 20 stakes and in total there were for example 500 stakes by all users in total.

Thank you.

So aside from total bounty provided for campaign, it will also depend on the total stakes made by all users? Or there already fixed maximum staked provided by the project?

Lurking...
BestWebCreator

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:41:06 PM

Thank you.

So aside from total bounty provided for campaign, it will also depend on the total stakes made by all users? Or there already fixed maximum staked provided by the project?
Yes that is correct, it also depends on the total stakes made by all users.

The basic formula is: ( (your stakes) / (total stakes from all users) )  X  Total coins reserved for the bountie = Your earned coins
Kurohige (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:47:47 PM

Thank you.

The basic formula is: ( (your stakes) / (total stakes from all users) )  X  Total coins reserved for the bountie = Your earned coins

Thank you for an basic explanation. Now I get it.

I though first that it was only depend on the total coins provided for a specific campaign and how it will divide is my question.

But what if other participants are lazy and didnt reached their max stakes per week? Meaning they can pull your expected rewards?

Lurking...
BestWebCreator

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:54:07 PM

Thank you.

Thank you for an basic explanation. Now I get it.

I though first that it was only depend on the total coins provided for a specific campaign and how it will divide is my question.

But what if other participants are lazy and didnt reached their max stakes per week? Meaning they can pull your expected rewards?
If people can earn 5 stakes a week, but some of the people only get 3 stakes per week, this means that you get more because the total percentage you own of the total stakes are bigger if other people have less stakes.

So for example you have a total of 5 stakes per week for a total of 10 weeks, than u have 50 stakes. The total stakes of everyone is 1500, it means you get 50/1500 % of the coins.

If other people don't reach their max stakes per week, it means the total of stakes is less and you have a higher % of the total stakes, so u will get more coins.

Do u understand that?
Kurohige (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:04:45 PM

Took me more minutes to understand the last answered from you.

Sorry sorry.

Now I get it. Thanks! Will lock this thread in a minute.

Lurking...
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:28:25 PM

Something you put on the grill and lightly season with a bit of Lawry's salt.. like a ribeye.. cooked medium rare. A ribeye stake.
Lontongmie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:52:16 PM

A stake is basically a percentage of a certain thing. For example, when you buy a stock, you have a small stake in the company. Similarly, you can earn stakes in the total reward pool. So if 100 stakes are given out for a 1 BTC pool, each stake is worth .01

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: