Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:04:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please I Need help on how to cancel Uncomfirmed Transaction  (Read 327 times)
ogoowinner (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:04:38 AM

I was trying to exchange my bitcoin for my local currency yesterday on remitano.com. The coin already left me wallet, but it is still showing pending transaction. and remitano suddenly canceled my transaction. They did not even credit my wallet there. I want to cancel that transaction from my wallet and get my Bitcoin back. Please how do I do it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BawsyBoss

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:13:31 AM

As far as I know, if the transaction has already been broadcast and the fee that you included is good enough to be included in a block, you are out of luck. It is only a matter of time until the transaction gets confirmed, and you cannot stop that. The only way I see you recovering your bitcoin is if you contact the website owners as soon as possible and explain to them what happened.

Forever strong.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:16:24 AM

I was trying to exchange my bitcoin for my local currency yesterday on remitano.com. The coin already left me wallet, but it is still showing pending transaction. and remitano suddenly canceled my transaction. They did not even credit my wallet there. I want to cancel that transaction from my wallet and get my Bitcoin back. Please how do I do it?

you can always try to double spend one of the inputs of the transaction in a new transaction using a higher fee, and try to broadcast the new transaction...
If this new transaction makes it into a block, the inputput you double spent is removed from the UTXO set of the nodes, so your "old" transaction is now using an input that is no longer in the UTXO set, hence it will be voided...

BawsyBoss is right tough: the cleanest, most honest and easyest way to handle this problem is to contact remitano support.

BTW: could you possibly post or PM the tx id, that way i can have a look... It might also be usefull if you told us which wallet software you used to create the tx?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ogoowinner (OP)

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:53:31 AM

you can always try to double spend one of the inputs of the transaction in a new transaction using a higher fee, and try to broadcast the new transaction...
If this new transaction makes it into a block, the inputput you double spent is removed from the UTXO set of the nodes, so your "old" transaction is now using an input that is no longer in the UTXO set, hence it will be voided...

BawsyBoss is right tough: the cleanest, most honest and easyest way to handle this problem is to contact remitano support.

BTW: could you possibly post or PM the tx id, that way i can have a look... It might also be usefull if you told us which wallet software you used to create the tx?
I use blockchain wallet.I have tried to contact the support, but they were not helpful.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:55:50 AM

I use blockchain wallet.I have tried to contact the support, but they were not helpful.

In that case, i'd defenately go for contacting remitano, since i cannot help you to create a double spending transaction using an online wallet (it should be possible, i just don't know how to do this).

BTW: most nodes drop unconfirmed transactions from their mempool after 72 hours, so if your transaction remains unconfirmed for 3-4 days, you have a reasonable chance blockchain support will be able to fix your wallet, so it'll be like the transaction never happened.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
coin.trader

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:58:17 AM

Post here the txd to have a look over your transaction, after click send, advanced options you can set up the fee https://gyazo.com/c0f0a581d0c0620861e42b5ea58731b4

maybe it will work with double spent. I did it many times but more sure now it is too late Sad

LWF ║█║ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED LOGISTICS PLATFORM IN THE WORLD ║█║ LWF
ANN THREAD▬▬▬║PRE-SALE STARTS IN OCTOBER 23║▬▬▬WHITEPAPER
TWITTERSLACK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ TELEGRAMREDDIT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: