Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:44:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A tin foil hat conspiracy theory on the recent Stellar Lumens price hike  (Read 638 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:40:40 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 05:47:57 AM by CoinHoarder

On June 27th, 2017, 16 billion lumens will be given away to Bitcoin holders. This amounts to $856,464,000 USD worth of lumens at today's market value.

https://www.stellar.org/blog/bitcoin-claim-lumens-2/

I speculate that one or more Bitcoin whales are pumping Stellar in advance of this giveaway.

They have incentive to pump Stellar so that their portion of the giveaway coins will be worth much more when the time comes.

It is hard to believe these will not be dumped on greater fools once they are given their unproportionally large amount of Lumens for free.

I mean really... Stellar is pretty much Ripple minus the large amount of banking partnerships. How much value is really there, and how could that perceived value reasonably cover the recent price surge?

IMO- buyer beware.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 05:17:48 AM

On June 27th, 2017, 16 billion lumens will be given away to Bitcoin holders. This amounts to $856,464,000 USD worth of lumens at today's market value.
Where can I find this giveaway? Could you please provide me with a link?

They have incentive to pump Stellar so that their portion of the giveaway coins will be worth much more when the time comes.

It is hard to believe these will not be dumped on greater fools once they are given their unproportionally large amount of Lumens for free.

I mean really... Stellar is pretty much Ripple minus the large amount of banking partnerships. How much value is really there, and how could that perceived value reasonably cover the recent price surge?

IMO- buyer beware.
If what you're preaching is correct about that giveaway, then this is almost a certain outcome. Stellar should have no value whatsoever and Ripple isn't a cryptocurrency anyways. It is a privately issued token.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:47:19 AM

More info here: https://www.stellar.org/blog/bitcoin-claim-lumens-2/
prabakharras

Activity: 546