Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:10:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How did Kraken and Poloniex go down last night at the same time?  (Read 616 times)
BillyBobZorton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:37:48 PM

Both Kraken and Poloniex went down last night pretty much at the same time creating a massive dump of coins. I got some cheap LTC and I also saw ETH go down to 50 for some moments, it was crazy.

STR in Poloniex went down from 6000 to 2500, that one didn't recover unfortunately.

What the hell happened there?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:14:31 PM

Time to wake up I guess, they all are the same they are operated by the same people the ones pumping everything since 10 days now because they are the ones holding most of the coins.
Yes of course many people here in between will earn great profits and I'm glad for them but what happens when every one realize there is no real world use for these coins like Bitcoin?

How else you'd like them to control these alts?
ETH-ETC wasn't enough?
Stellar giving away billions of coins but by who's authority? by their foundation aka government dependent private organization.
You know what happens when trades are only resulting with cash without any real world work and real items services ever be traded.

When you sell Bitcoin for cash someone else will do the same but some where down the line someone will accept Bitcoin for doing freelancer jobs, provides some service, but with these shitcoins pumping everyone keep cashing out and the last person holding most of them will remain with a bunch of useless coins without anyone accepting them to provide with any service or selling him anything or even they do accept then they either are scattered and not easily accessible or want very cheap so result is that someone will get fucked at the end.
With BTC you can use it worldwide, network has expanded well enough for anyone to easily find someone accepting with a fair price.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:58:58 PM

DDOS on both of them, so someone wanted to maipulate prices

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:31:01 PM

No wonder. I noticed too. Thought I was being hacked. Could not login in nor access the interface.  My Ethereum & Litecoin fell badly plus the site got frozen. Hope this doesn't happened again.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1083

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:37:53 PM

Both Kraken and Poloniex went down last night pretty much at the same time creating a massive dump of coins. I got some cheap LTC and I also saw ETH go down to 50 for some moments, it was crazy.

STR in Poloniex went down from 6000 to 2500, that one didn't recover unfortunately.

What the hell happened there?

Morning here when that is happened while watching the monster volume of NEM. Good thing after the site came back, NEM is still on continous increase and able to hit another all time price high.

But for STR, the volume went down and it was noticeable since it goes on rampage in only 24 hours.

Looks like a crazy pump on a certain exchange always associated with lots of attacks. It was a bad momeny especially those traders that is closely monitoring the pump. It will ruined their strategy.
Harry Callahan

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:12:27 PM

There is some kind of issue with Poloniex as there are many people accusing them of not allowing them to withdraw the coins,since the price of all the alt coins are at an all time high i was taking a break and moved everything to my private wallet and  hope these issues will resolve pretty soon.I did get a good hit while i was holding XMG when Polo delisted it and i could not withdraw it and i lost a lot of money in it as the price crashed after that.
amaral1977

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 10:05:55 PM

What happened last night was not the first time.... Its a big coincidence when it happens right on top of a big pump / dump. Very odd coincidence or very ugly price manipulation.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Mbokani

Activity: 291

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:39:53 PM

What happened last night was not the first time.... Its a big coincidence when it happens right on top of a big pump / dump. Very odd coincidence or very ugly price manipulation.
Since the price of bitcoin cannot be manipulated because of more investors ,these pump and dump will be moved to alt coins so that they could make a quick profit with those as you can manipulate the price if you are a big whale ,but polo is having issues as it goes offline while trading which is really frustrating because you miss the proper time to make a trade.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: