Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:47:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLONIEX - NO WITHDRAWALS, TAKE CARE  (Read 5277 times)
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:04:41 PM

Poloniex says they're expanding their support staff to meet the growth in user base, and we should be able to see the improvements in coming days:
https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.06.07-Improving-Our-Support-Capacity/

Specifically they addressed the delayed withdrawal issue and said when anything triggers a suspicion, they review it manually; and naturally, it takes more than expected because of recent growth in number of users.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwerty40
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:14:00 PM

POLONIEX - SCAM. Already 10 days does not give back my btc, support is not responding. Angry  Be careful!!!
dyigitus

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 02:58:06 PM

Its been 3 weeks that my withdrawal order is Awaiting Approval. Its just 0.34 BTC, GIVE MY COINS BACK POLONIEX ! Angry
black-lagoon

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:45:50 PM

POLONIEX - SCAM. Already 10 days does not give back my btc, support is not responding. Angry  Be careful!!!

There are several in the same situation my friend I am already giving almost for lost the balance that I had to withdraw from it, this is 9 days awaiting approval and even if it is sent to me I already fucked because the price of bitcoin plummeted a lot.
Jaerin

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:50:37 PM

Do you have verified accounts?  I'm Level 2 verified and all of my withdrawals have been processed very quickly.  This seems like it is likely a problem with a lack of verified identity requiring manual review and a support staff that is extremely overloaded.  I don't really see any indications that there is a systemic problem.
gmjosund

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:08:09 AM

If your WD is Awaiting Approval it is normally your own fault. Not verified, not 2FA, have not traded with the deposited funds, multiple IPS, VPNs etc etc.

It will be processed, just need to be patience. No point spreading FUD Smiley
steveatlin

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:37:51 PM

Withdrawals without a verified account used to be no problem, used to be automatic. Why would they need to manually approve all transactions? Isn't that why there's a $2000 cap on withdrawals for non-verified accounts? Also, with all the money they make, taking 24 hours is already too much time, let alone 2 or 3 weeks.

How is it the account holder's fault for THEIR unprofessionalism?
kidling

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:36:32 AM

Same problem here, 5 days waiting approval. Multiple withdraw and nothing of ticket answer too.
Jaerin

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:10:29 AM

Withdrawals without a verified account used to be no problem, used to be automatic. Why would they need to manually approve all transactions? Isn't that why there's a $2000 cap on withdrawals for non-verified accounts? Also, with all the money they make, taking 24 hours is already too much time, let alone 2 or 3 weeks.

How is it the account holder's fault for THEIR unprofessionalism?

It's called money laundering rules.  When you go legit and follow the rules there are a lot more restrictions on what you can allow.
black-lagoon

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:39:56 AM

I still think, when people having that much money on their site, they should have much better and faster Support. I was so fucking afraid.
About that should have been applied by poloniex, seeing this exchange has been established for a long time and has many users, poloniex already should have active support if they do not want to be considered a scam.
Jaerin

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:16:35 AM

I still think, when people having that much money on their site, they should have much better and faster Support. I was so fucking afraid.
About that should have been applied by poloniex, seeing this exchange has been established for a long time and has many users, poloniex already should have active support if they do not want to be considered a scam.

Do you guys realize that it likely takes at least several weeks to train even a small number of support staff in all the possible things that they need to handle?  Not to mention since you are hiring people who are likely going to be interacting with potentially millions of dollars they likely need to be vetted very well to make sure that they don't find a way to just send all your money to some random wallet address.  Unless you are okay with letting just a random person off the street have access to all of your money and do with it what they want?

Having worked in various support organizations for many very large corporations, including a Swiss bank, I can tell you that it likely takes at least a month to fully train someone and likely at least 3-6 months to actually trust them enough to handle money even with full oversight and approval processes.  I have no idea what kind of vetting and training an exchange like Poloniex is doing, but you can't just deduct some cash and buy more "support", let alone ones that are going to understand the nuance of cryptocoin transactions.
Hanako

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:02:09 AM

Wtf! Poloniex damn please get back my BTC. First i must be aware now in what poloniex problem happening now
black-lagoon

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:32:08 AM

Do you guys realize that it likely takes at least several weeks to train even a small number of support staff in all the possible things that they need to handle?  Not to mention since you are hiring people who are likely going to be interacting with potentially millions of dollars they likely need to be vetted very well to make sure that they don't find a way to just send all your money to some random wallet address.  Unless you are okay with letting just a random person off the street have access to all of your money and do with it what they want?

Having worked in various support organizations for many very large corporations, including a Swiss bank, I can tell you that it likely takes at least a month to fully train someone and likely at least 3-6 months to actually trust them enough to handle money even with full oversight and approval processes.  I have no idea what kind of vetting and training an exchange like Poloniex is doing, but you can't just deduct some cash and buy more "support", let alone ones that are going to understand the nuance of cryptocoin transactions.
Your analysis is correct, but here we are dealing with a site that has long built, should them already have a solid team. If poloniex is a newly built exchange platform I can still understand it but I wonder why until now they still do not have trustworthy employees and teams so as their have active support in some of the social media available.
Jaerin

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:05:54 AM

Your analysis is correct, but here we are dealing with a site that has long built, should them already have a solid team. If poloniex is a newly built exchange platform I can still understand it but I wonder why until now they still do not have trustworthy employees and teams so as their have active support in some of the social media available.

They likely have built up their team, but the growth of the platform has been massive.  Also there is no guarantee that everyone you train is going to keep working there especially through the hard tireless work and pressure they are likely under due to being short staffed.  We don't get to see the inside of their operation to know how big the team is or how/if it is actually growing to meet demand.  The best thing people can do is verify your accounts and that will likely make such withdrawals that much less unusual.  They have a lot of customers they are trying to protect, not just you.  We don't "pay" for their service unless we use their exchange and yet they have to get it right 100% of the time lest they lose everyone's money.  I'm actually more impressed with GDAX's promise to reverse the stop loss/margin call trades that crashed ETH the other day.  Poloniex never did that for their 2-3 flash crash issues.
luka4x

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:59:49 PM

fast method to get out btc, ltc or other crypto coin from polo? i really won´t get stuck into "pending" state.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:36:33 AM

What is the latest verdict?
I'm thinking of funding my account there again but am reluctant after reading this thread.
Jaerin

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:56:07 AM

I've zero issues depositing or withdrawing money from Polo.  Never been in a pending state, but I'm L2 verified.

Also always make sure you have 2FA enabled.
Mbidox

Activity: 212
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:17:36 AM

I have a withdraw issue since Created on Mon, 24 Jul at 5:22 AM. No answer until now.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:36:35 PM

When are we going to hava a decent exchange which can handle the volume + great selection of coins + a good customer support?
Imagine what happens if a bank does this to one of its clients...
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:51:49 AM

When are we going to hava a decent exchange which can handle the volume + great selection of coins + a good customer support?
Imagine what happens if a bank does this to one of its clients...

I know right, but unfortunately poloniex and other exchanges just can't give a single damn apparently.

My experience recently has been terrible, but eventually got my withdrawal through. My withdrawal was stuck at awaiting approval for quite some time, before it automatically cancelled itself and refunded the withdrawal back to my account. Then i created a new withdrawal and messaged support, got a response within 2 days and every withdrawal after that is fine.

For anyone interested to know, from my personal experience if you don't have 2fa enabled and you're logging in from a different country, you'll most likely have issues with withdrawal. So don't even bother to withdraw if you are a) unverified b) overseas and c) don't have 2fa on. You'll have your withdrawal stuck. Wait until you get back to your home country before withdrawing if you're travelling overseas as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: