Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:25:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC][LTC][FTC][TRC][PPC][NMC][IXC][NVC][FRC][BTE][BQC]Why Feathercoin will fail  (Read 2426 times)
Radacoin (OP)

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:02:33 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2013, 09:29:20 AM by Radacoin

Why? I don't know. But I sure have the attention of all those Alt-Coin haters now Wink

No one forces you to buy a specific Alt-Coin. No one forces you to sell a specific Alt-Coin.

If you don't like a coin, just stay out. What's the problem?
If you like a coin, promote it. The Feathercoin guys are doing a great job promoting their coin. Compared to them the Litecoin, Terracoin, ... flock seems to be pretty lazy.

If you like companies like BFL (that will deliver your miner in 2015) or Avalon (that charge you an arm and a leg) then buy their ASICs and mine Bitcoin.
If you wanna teach those fuckers a lesson, then vote with your wallet and don't buy their crap. Keep your GPUs (and buy new GPUs) and mine Litecoin & Feathercoin.

MtGox starts trading Litecoin soon. There is an endless line of customers newbies fools waiting to start trading on MtGox throw money at us miners. They don't care whether it's Bitcoin or Litecoin or Shitecoin - as long as it's Somecoin.
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:06:50 AM

It won't fail. I believe in Feathercoin. That's all that matters. I'm going to have (some) of my Feathercoins until the day I die. I'll mark my grave with my Feathercoin address.

**** all the haters. **** them all.
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:08:37 AM

Some of the haters even specifically registered on the FTC/LTC exchange to spread FUD.

I mean there's butthut, and then there's extreme overlord butthurt. It is funny.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
imperi

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:11:07 AM

Some of the haters even specifically registered on the FTC/LTC exchange to spread FUD.

I mean there's butthut, and then there's extreme overlord butthurt. It is funny.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi.

skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:28:28 AM

MtGox starts trading Litecoin soon. There is an endless line of customers newbies fools waiting to start trading on MtGox throw money at us miners. They don't care whether it's Bitcoin or Litecoin or Shitecoin - as long as it's Somecoin.
Why is this the general impression I get from the people surrounding Feathercoin, they only care about the fiat money that could be earned. While people supporting BTC and LTC do it because they believe in it as a currency and not a get rich scheme. You call people who buy a cryptocurrencie fools?

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Radacoin (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:32:52 AM

You call people who buy a cryptocurrencie fools?

Short answer: yes, mostly.
(most people are fools anyway - hence why 1% has all the riches and the other 99% whine&complain)

Long answer: Why do you think Joe Sixpack is trading on MtGox? Because he want's to have a revolution, fight tyranny, capitalist pigs? Or because he buys Bitcoin today at 120 because tomorrow it will be at 140?
imperi

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:57:28 AM

Why is this the general impression I get from the people surrounding Feathercoin, they only care about the fiat money that could be earned. While people supporting BTC and LTC do it because they believe in it as a currency and not a get rich scheme. You call people who buy a cryptocurrencie fools?

No, I think Feathercoins should exist in the long term. Because with more block chains, they can resist attacks better.
Radacoin (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 07:36:03 PM

No, I think Feathercoins should exist in the long term. Because with more block chains, they can resist attacks better.

Yes. Plus we need more coins in general. People are coin-crazy and waiting in line (to get verified) at MtGox to spend their USD, EUR, JPY on Bitcoins and Litecoins and whatever coins they can get.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 07:38:42 PM

BTC[LTC][FTC][TRC][PPC][NMC][IXC][NVC][FRC][BTE][BQC]Why Feathercoin will fail

Best subject line of the month.  Thank you for the smile!

I liked your post, too.

Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 07:39:16 PM

Why? I don't know. But I sure have the attention of all those Alt-Coin haters now Wink

No one forces you to buy a specific Alt-Coin. No one forces you to sell a specific Alt-Coin.

If you like a coin, promote it. The Feathercoin guys are doing a great job promoting their coin. Compared to them the Litecoin, Terracoin, ... flock seems to be pretty lazy.

If you like companies like BFL (that will deliver your miner in 2015) or Avalon (that charge you an arm and a leg) then buy their ASICs and mine Bitcoin.
If you wanna teach those fuckers a lesson, then vote with your wallet and don't buy their crap. Keep your GPUs (and buy new GPUs) and mine Litecoin & Feathercoin.

I like this post.  I probably don't agree with every detail in it, but I really like the sentiment.

Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 07:40:55 PM

I honestly think that the best way to help Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency movement in general is to build a profitable business in it.  Profit is your measure of whether you are helping or not.

Radacoin (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:06:56 PM

You are new to this forum so you don't know how it usually goes ...

Code:
Name: 			subSTRATA
Position: Jr. Member
Date Registered: October 01, 2012, 10:05:18
Ignore button: dark yellow

no comment  Grin
nodesupply

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:17:13 PM

I'm not a proponent of Feathercoin because I think it dilutes the crypto currencies in existence already.

Bitcoin already has the highest market penetration, with litecoin coming in second.

Feathercoin is very new to the game. For a Litecoin miner (who was once a Bitcoin miner), why stop mining LTC? It's still quite profitable.  Huh
skull88

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:25:28 PM

You call people who buy a cryptocurrencie fools?

Short answer: yes, mostly.
(most people are fools anyway - hence why 1% has all the riches and the other 99% whine&complain)

Long answer: Why do you think Joe Sixpack is trading on MtGox? Because he want's to have a revolution, fight tyranny, capitalist pigs? Or because he buys Bitcoin today at 120 because tomorrow it will be at 140?
The sad part is, your right. The sadder part is, you seem to find that a good thing? I hope that Joe Sixpack after burning his fingers with buying at >$200 and selling at 100$, sees that it's not a get rich fast scheme but maybe learns more about it and stays for the good things it may bring. And probably earns more that way instead of jumping on the next coin and only make people who profit from these fools richer.

I would be a hypocrite if I would say I wouldn't like it to see btc at 1000$ and ltc at 250$ so I can retire on my own Island without actually doing that much for those coins. Still, I don't think it should be the main goal, if they drop to 1$ and 0,01$, I will still use them for what they are meant to be

I honestly think that the best way to help Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency movement in general is to build a profitable business in it.  Profit is your measure of whether you are helping or not.
[/quote
Building a profitable business in it? By mine the hell out of it the first days so a select few have 3,000,000 to split amongst each other and sell them for lots of money. It never worked in the past, why the hell would ftc be different? And if you think you can take that kind of profit as a measurement whether or not someone is helping, you're definitely wrong. You can only have a succesfull coin if people actually work for them, build services for it and sell goods for them. Buying and holding in the hope Joe sixpack will throw some more money to you than you paid for it is just not helping the coin. How many profit that person may have, it is not a measurement. Their are people on this forum with <50btc or <50ltc who did a lot more for them than some with big wallets.

Radacoin (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:27:15 PM

I'm not a proponent of Feathercoin because I think it dilutes the crypto currencies in existence already.
Bitcoin already has the highest market penetration, with litecoin coming in second.

I'm not a proponent of the Argentine peso because I think it dilutes the currencies in existence already.
USD already has the highest market penetration, with EUR coming in second.

For a Litecoin miner (who was once a Bitcoin miner), why stop mining LTC? It's still quite profitable.  Huh

Please read the OT again:

skull88

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:30:10 PM

You are new to this forum so you don't know how it usually goes ...

Code:
Name: 			subSTRATA
Position: Jr. Member
Date Registered: October 01, 2012, 10:05:18
Ignore button: dark yellow

no comment  Grin
Doesn't mean it isn't true  Tongue

Radacoin (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:31:37 PM

The sad part is, your right. The sadder part is, you seem to find that a good thing?

No, I don't. But that doesn't matter. "The market" does not care about me. Or you. But the market is always right.
Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 08:38:13 PM

Building a profitable business in it? By mine the hell out of it the first days so a select few have 3,000,000 to split amongst each other and sell them for lots of money. It never worked in the past, why the hell would ftc be different? And if you think you can take that kind of profit as a measurement whether or not someone is helping, you're definitely wrong. You can only have a succesfull coin if people actually work for them, build services for it and sell goods for them. Buying and holding in the hope Joe sixpack will throw some more money to you than you paid for it is just not helping the coin. How many profit that person may have, it is not a measurement. Their are people on this forum with <50btc or <50ltc who did a lot more for them than some with big wallets.

I don't have mining in mind as a profitable business, and I doubt that long term very much profit in the cryptocoin community is going to come from launching new coins.

If it does, though, then I guess the community needed it!

Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 08:38:38 PM

Can this be measured?

thep33t

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:40:28 PM

Can this be measured?

My though it this: New coins dilute, and decentralize.
Too many - you have issues. Not enough diversity, you run into the same problems BTC tried to solve.

If there was a measure, someone would be rich Smiley

Feathercoin Pool - http://feathercoin.is-a-geek.com - [PPLNS][0% Fees]
FTC: 6sf5CgurY5axcd2cwDHmiwdVMdAF9fw6pU       BTC: 1J74TaaKuNMoy25TP5vXKG2Jw8yg1sqyyQ       BTE: 8QZ2XiantPF8eWmzayo5WaXyYC8unBq5ZC     LTC: LatpwWc4GQyF2teKegZHiDGEGdNEKqEPTT
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: