Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:48:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Digibyte to Bitcoin. Did I make a bad move?  (Read 2449 times)
ajalele (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:17:46 PM

After 3+ years of holding digibyte I moved it all to bitcoin.  I did this believing that bitcoin would ultimately stand the test of time better than digibyte.  Looking at it today my digibyte investment would be worth roughly 1.46 times my current bitcoin investment.  Did I make a mistake?
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:36:46 PM

Maybe you should have moved all. Could have split it in three parts. Move 1 part to BTC, have a second part in cold storage, and trade with the third. BTC is a long term investment, while most alts are good for shorts.
siwy

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:58:15 AM

As long as you keep investing and your money is in circulation, then you don't really loose, just cashing out profits to make more profits, you can always come back in before some good news with twice that money - that's my opinion.

Regarding digibyte - I think it has a bright future ahead of it, and, if the devs are going to meet their targets, in a few months it can go up a lot IMHO. I'm expecting the first spike this month due to the new protocol release, but I think the real pump is going to happen when digibyte gaming goes live.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:17:18 AM

After 3+ years of holding digibyte I moved it all to bitcoin.  I did this believing that bitcoin would ultimately stand the test of time better than digibyte.  Looking at it today my digibyte investment would be worth roughly 1.46 times my current bitcoin investment.  Did I make a mistake?
A good move, seeing Bitcoin price moves is the time to move the digibyte into bitcoin. Congratulations.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:24:47 AM

Diversification is still the best. I also have DGB which I purchased just three weeks ago and looks like it is already 150% worth. Bitcoin is the main crypto currency and is a bit consistent. I mean the inflation of bitcoin is not that high compared to alts. 
Raiderlam

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:30:13 AM

Will dgb now in development? What are the items?
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 07:39:40 AM

btc is a great longterm investment, there are 16 mil bitcoins and 7 billion people so its easy to see its undervalued , it will go to 5-50k in the next 2 years
Raiderlam

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:54:09 AM

Are you talking dgb or btc?
didzi

Activity: 1092

Hodlers Network

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:03:26 AM

if you exchange your coin such as digibyte to Bitcoin, that is no mistake,
because bitcoin price will always rising, but of course with some correction

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:37:20 AM

lets check some prices shall we.
DGB price 3 years in May today was about 80 satoshi
after 3 years today DGB price is 106 satoshi today.
that means 32% profit
even if you had bought in Apr at 40 satoshi that would be 165% profit

bitcoin was $440 3 years ago in May
after 3 years it reached $1800 and now it is at $1750 as i am writing this.
that means 297% profit in 3 years.

now here is the thing to have in mind. bitcoin price will go up and if you look at the history of bitcoin it was rising in the past 3+ years for the most part.
now DGB or any other altcoin for that matter, will drop hard after this pumping phase ends. if you look at their history, they had lots of similar rises and falls. from 30 sat to 150 sat in a couple of days or a week then back to 30 sat again. rinse and repeat.

that is why i always say
bitcoin=long term
altcoins=short term

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:45:40 PM

Moving to BTC is ALWAYS a good idea. When in doubt, go to bitcoin, it is the king of crypto, mother of all cryptos and so on, so when you are holding an alt and you are not sure, go to BTC.

As the other poster said, BTC is long term, alts are short term, SOME alts are medium term or even long term too (very few).
kawacaki

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 06:30:13 PM

lets check some prices shall we.
DGB price 3 years in May today was about 80 satoshi
after 3 years today DGB price is 106 satoshi today.
that means 32% profit
even if you had bought in Apr at 40 satoshi that would be 165% profit

bitcoin was $440 3 years ago in May
after 3 years it reached $1800 and now it is at $1750 as i am writing this.
that means 297% profit in 3 years.

now here is the thing to have in mind. bitcoin price will go up and if you look at the history of bitcoin it was rising in the past 3+ years for the most part.
now DGB or any other altcoin for that matter, will drop hard after this pumping phase ends. if you look at their history, they had lots of similar rises and falls. from 30 sat to 150 sat in a couple of days or a week then back to 30 sat again. rinse and repeat.

that is why i always say
bitcoin=long term
altcoins=short term

If you bought Xrp on march 1 (wich i did) you would have a profit of 3855%
Btc profit margin sucks

Raiderlam

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:51:07 PM

https://twitter.com/Geedora_/status/863456169066729474
DGB NEWS!
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:26:53 AM

-snip-
If you bought Xrp on march 1 (wich i did) you would have a profit of 3855%
Btc profit margin sucks

hmm.
a solid 100-200% rise each year for bitcoin based on real adoption by real people, merchants, big businesses such as Valve last year, small businesses all around the world, and only rise and no fall apart from price corrections.

vs.

pump, where price goes up 4000% in a week to a month and then free falls down back to the usual low price levels within 1 week for some altcoins and a couple of months for the big ones.

hmm a tough choice indeed.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
kawacaki

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 11:29:20 AM

We shall see Grin.. dont get stuck in the old ways

maryanti

Activity: 500

BountyMarketcap

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:07:10 PM

Maybe you move it partly to btc or all for future savings because bitcoin from year to year will go up .. Wink Wink Wink

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:49:13 PM

my strategy is always buying altcoins cheap and dumping them as soon as they rise up and take the money into bitcoin and hold bitcoin in my cold storage until i want to buy another altcoin to dump again.

to be honest i believe you wasted your money by holding that altcoin for 3+ years, that coin like all the other altcoins without exception have no rise for very long periods of time, then suddenly they are hyped and then pumped to the moon and then get dumped back to the same low price long period. and that is why i chose my strategy like many others.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 02:10:56 PM

Holding altcoins are only good for trading and not so much for investing. Any bad news or fud will drive the price of alts to a level where you can't imagine so it is much safer to store your money in btc.
At least you know that its value won't go down as much as alts. Alts are volatile so it may not be suitable if you can't stand all these price fluctuation.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:03:31 PM

Will dgb now in development? What are the items?
On 12nd there had even been issues on the blockexplorer. People keep marvelling if Minecraft will come or just a fake piece of news.
My trust into DGB after 3 years of swing trading is rather low, seen 20sat, so .. you made the right move.
Watch it hobbling forwards.
liblib

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:48:47 PM

Soooo.... seeing it hit 450... do you hate yourself now?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: