Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:00:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon ASIC CHIPS Groupbuy AUSTRALIA  (Read 3925 times)
JollyGood! (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:10:17 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking for fellow aussies interested in a groupbuy of Avalon Asic Chips.

As my status reads I'm a newbie to these forums but a solid Bitcoin follower and supporter.

I'm from Sydney Australia and would like to make contact with other enthusiasts like myself.

I'm interested in a group buy of Avalon Chips as a minimum and perhaps combining our efforts into getting the chips onto working boards so we can start mining here in the sunny land of OZ. There are PCB board manufactures here that can make the boards to Australian standards.

There are two ways to do this. Take trust out of the equation and meet and swap details, perhaps put something down in writing (perhaps not to everyone's liking but preferable and solid)

The other is to get a trusted escrow happening. I've emailed JohnK and because I'm new it doesn't make sense to give me the trust unless I put a security deposit down with him and ID. I'm willing to do this if we can't get it happening with option 1, but I would want a percentage cut for time and stress!

What say you? Any fellow Aussies out there? Should we get it rocking for the land of Oz?

Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:42:18 PM

Hi mate - Im in Perth id be willing to grab some chips but escrow would be a must
JollyGood! (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:44:33 PM

Hi mate - Im in Perth id be willing to grab some chips but escrow would be a must

OK. One for Escrow.

Are you interested in getting the boards made here as a group as well?
ausbitbank

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:48:04 PM

Count me in for whatever needs to be done. I've ordered 20 from Switzerland already, but we need a big local buy and some people organising PCB's and DIY Kits etc.
JollyGood! (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:52:57 PM

Count me in for whatever needs to be done. I've ordered 20 from Switzerland already, but we need a big local buy and some people organising PCB's and DIY Kits etc.

I'm not sure what JohnK needs down for a security deposit yet, but I'm looking for about 2k chips myself.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:05:57 PM

I'm not sure what JohnK needs down for a security deposit yet, but I'm looking for about 2k chips myself.

That amount would be decided by your participants I guess.
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:14:50 PM

QLDer here. I'm interested. Escrow a must for sure.

flyonwall

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 08:01:02 PM

How far along is this? Any pledges yet? Time is of the essence. If you are further along than [Group Buy #2], then I'll tag along with you instead.

QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 10:03:34 PM

JollyGood! jolly bad, I've already spent most of my BTC on zefir's Batch 5, 200 chips. So I won't be pledging any BTC to this Group buy. Maybe in the future when DIY boards comes to fruition.

Be glad to collaborate to get the chips working tho. Are you an EE? I'm not, but I work with a bunch of EEs and S/w dev. who said they would give me a hand. Unfortunately they are not into Bitcoins, yet. I'll be following the Open Source DIY project closely. Was that your plan on development? Or do you have a development team?

QG
PS: BTW, I'm in Sydney.

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
JollyGood! (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:08:16 PM

How far along is this? Any pledges yet? Time is of the essence. If you are further along than [Group Buy #2], then I'll tag along with you instead.

The pledges are the ones you see here. I'm just sounding out the idea to see if there is enough interest. I agree though, time is of the essence.
JollyGood! (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:17:20 PM

JollyGood! jolly bad, I've already spent most of my BTC on zefir's Batch 5, 200 chips. So I won't be pledging any BTC to this Group buy. Maybe in the future when DIY boards comes to fruition.

Be glad to collaborate to get the chips working tho. Are you an EE? I'm not, but I work with a bunch of EEs and S/w dev. who said they would give me a hand. Unfortunately they are not into Bitcoins, yet. I'll be following the Open Source DIY project closely. Was that your plan on development? Or do you have a development team?

QG
PS: BTW, I'm in Sydney.

Hi QuiveringGibbage. I looked at Zefir's group buy as well. Customs and duty into Europe then Customs and duty into Australia. I liked though that Burinin was "just down the road" in Germany and might be able to make the boards.

I'm not an EE, but I work for a large Consumer Electronic company here in AUS but all our stuff is manufactured in China. I would want the boards manufactured here due to time and quality control.

Lets see what the interest here is on the chips. Most people seem to want escrow and I really wanted to meet people and make something more formalized...taking TRUST out of the equation and going for something a bit more solid. Saying that the future is Bitcoin and we have a window of opportunity. If we order a batch here we will get 8 advanced chips from avalon to start developing the boards in May. Lets see where we are with interest this time tommorrow.
ausbitbank

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:28:09 AM

I'll commit to 100 chips for now, will probably up my order once I have a more solid idea of the fiat costs in making these usable.
JollyGood! (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:54:23 PM

I'll commit to 100 chips for now, will probably up my order once I have a more solid idea of the fiat costs in making these usable.

Hi ausbitbank. Unfortunately after 24 hours I'm going to declare that interest has been too small for me to continue gathering interest for a group buy. It may seem like 24 hours is too short a time but speed is of the essence here, and I'd rather that other bitcoiners find a place in other group buys, even if it's international.

It'll be interesting to see what the hashrate difficulty is by August when the ASICS finally flood the market vs the price of bitcoin. Regardless of which the network looks like it's strengthening against a 51% attack from all the interest I've read on these forums.

Good luck guys and I wish you all the wealth and happiness as we enter the new age of a global economy and the true start to a class one civilisation!

All the best

JollyGood! Wink

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:55:11 PM

Hi guys,

Well, ... I have a Group Buy. My country isn't that far from Australia. Maybe we can consolidate there. Together, hopefully we get to 10,000 chips fast.

ausbitbank

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:34:51 PM

Hi ausbitbank. Unfortunately after 24 hours I'm going to declare that interest has been too small for me to continue gathering interest for a group buy. It may seem like 24 hours is too short a time but speed is of the essence here, and I'd rather that other bitcoiners find a place in other group buys, even if it's international.

It'll be interesting to see what the hashrate difficulty is by August when the ASICS finally flood the market vs the price of bitcoin. Regardless of which the network looks like it's strengthening against a 51% attack from all the interest I've read on these forums.

Good luck guys and I wish you all the wealth and happiness as we enter the new age of a global economy and the true start to a class one civilisation!

All the best

JollyGood! Wink

Interesting times indeed, either way it was good to connect. Best of luck!
Duetschpire

Activity: 368

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 05:02:57 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 09:28:16 PM by Duetschpire

Hey fellow aussies.

I found a group buy and I'm ordering 160 chips which will cost me around $2,500 build and ready for mining (45ghs). I'm from Sydney as well, the group buy URL is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200067.0

PM me if you're still interested.

ausbitbank

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:04:19 AM

Er .. I'd be interested, but bitstamp has no useful info about it Tongue
Duetschpire

Activity: 368

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 09:29:03 PM

Er .. I'd be interested, but bitstamp has no useful info about it Tongue

LMAO I fixed it mate. That was stupid because I posted off the iPhone and you know how big the screen is hahaha

Fajman

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:47:39 PM

How many do you think you could buy from  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200067.0 to keep the order to under AU$1K and avoid the 10% tax (assuming you're also getting the assembly)?
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 12:51:24 AM

I am interested in Avalon Asic groupbuy in sydney Australia. Are you still keen JollyGood?  Cheesy

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: