Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt Bubble Popped?  (Read 5821 times)
Stell

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:28:22 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 04:52:29 AM by Stell

And the market has rallied back!
Like I said elsewhere, some of the alts have real world values, strong development team, and passionate communities. BTC is like gold. Stack it up, but when it comes to usage, most people are beginning to explore other alternatives. Blockchain transaction fees and traffic are a pain in the rear these days.

The Market has not rallied back it looks like it's come back a bit but it really hasn't.

Then real indicator is volume. Alts have been loosing volume day after day with no real support for their price which is the cause of the small random dumps and pumps.

Unlike Bitcoin that has real volume that's continues to day after day !

If you don't believe me just go to coin market cap and look at the volume in each of the alt coins they look like bell curves then look at Bitcoin's volume it looks like a parabola.

Bitcoins price has real volume and support !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 05:51:03 AM

I don't believe it has popped, just like most have said it's because of the rise in the BTC price. However there are some Altcoins that have been doing well and holding strong against the rising BTC price in the last couple of days and one of them is BURST coin which has also seen over 200 BTC volume the last 2 days. Look for coins that hold strong against a rising BTC price and I think everyone should do just fine.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 06:10:23 AM

Right on cue. Everything is turning green on poloniex as of writing (even with all the poloniex lag).

It was just a correction due to BTC price increase. This just proves altcoins are a good investment now (especially LTC).

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
thanasis.krd@gmail.com

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:17:17 AM

I believe that these are only the initial steps of Cryptos. We are not talking here only alternative currencies, as we are used to FIATs, but a whole new technology, which can change the way we work (blockchain tech, smart contrast, internet of things, etc). Just today in my office work I encountered something that could be a smart contract project in everyday life: http://www.etztec.com/

And how many do you think we are globally involved in this?.... https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/4463-huh-there-are-just-3-million-cryptocurrency-users-worldwide/

So yes, for me it is not a bubble, just a technology that will totally burst at some point and become routine. I only wish I have chosen the right Cryptos, Altcoins, how you wanna call them.
Zegra

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:52:41 AM

While Stell is right a temporary altcoin bearmarket will probably occur when BTC goes parabolic, it doesn't mean it will happen now. I admit ceilings get broken faster than I anticipated, we haven't had a serious correction in the btc price for many days and a few ceilingd have been broken already since last one.
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:15:51 AM

I believe that these are only the initial steps of Cryptos. We are not talking here only alternative currencies, as we are used to FIATs, but a whole new technology, which can change the way we work (blockchain tech, smart contrast, internet of things, etc). Just today in my office work I encountered something that could be a smart contract project in everyday life: http://www.etztec.com/

And how many do you think we are globally involved in this?.... https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/4463-huh-there-are-just-3-million-cryptocurrency-users-worldwide/

So yes, for me it is not a bubble, just a technology that will totally burst at some point and become routine. I only wish I have chosen the right Cryptos, Altcoins, how you wanna call them.
Exactly what I've been trying to say!
This is new tech - a new development for currencies. Formerly, it was metal and gemstones. Then, came paper. Now, it's crypto. There will always be a base that this new asset will be traded upon - BTC - and that base will always be the king of the hill. But saying BTC's going to be all that would be left in this new space is kind of absurd
btcforall777

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:14:49 PM

Give it a few days, market will correct itself again. STEEM is already rallying up. Other coins will too, besides there are a couple of alt that have real world values. As long as something has value, there will always be a price to it

I agree in a few days we will be seeing green again. The reason everything went south was two fold. 1 polo problems and 2 BTC rising fast.

I suspect all the new money coming into the market doesnt even know what a dump is yet. All they know is buy buy buy. It is still on with no sign of stopping.

Do you think the altcoin price will rise again?

I think it will continue its positive price trajectory with occasional corrections.
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:48:38 PM

Currently there is merely some stagnation. Just think how much the alts exploded - many 500% within months without any real reason.
This thing might go up a bit again, since there is still a lot of stupid-money entering.
But the bubble will burst eventually - and it will be nasty. "Suicide Hotline"-nasty.
Almat

Activity: 254

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:26:21 PM

Currently there is merely some stagnation. Just think how much the alts exploded - many 500% within months without any real reason.
This thing might go up a bit again, since there is still a lot of stupid-money entering.
But the bubble will burst eventually - and it will be nasty. "Suicide Hotline"-nasty.

But for some of the coins like Ethereum or Monro, they have some basis.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 06:22:40 PM

But for some of the coins like Ethereum or Monro, they have some basis.

I think the altcoins is till pumping as of the moment. Only LTC and XRP are down and the rest are all green. Even ETH is almost $200 now. So I guess its going up again and we just need to watch until it will be burst again. I don't know if Chinese is pumping ETH, I saw one press release saying that Chinese is going into ETH lately and putting cash on it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:04:34 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 06:01:30 AM by JosNekoKopa

Recently i investigate little bit about Stratis,and expectations were true rise is 40% on Bittrex from yesterday, this won't stop now. ETH is on very nice move so this thread is failure, ALTS are still in game, maybe not all but this is better more money can be created from one or two good instead of hundred small pumps.
aventus

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Aventus solution to disrupt ticketing market

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 02:32:43 PM

Be careful, don't fall in the bear trap, if you aren't green don't panic sell, this bull run isn't over yet, but you may want to reduce your alt exposure on the rebound.

Totally agree with your words. Only a bear trap!

renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:14:11 PM

Neither pump nor dump has finished so be careful!
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 09:32:19 PM

Be careful, don't fall in the bear trap, if you aren't green don't panic sell, this bull run isn't over yet, but you may want to reduce your alt exposure on the rebound.

Totally agree with your words. Only a bear trap!

Yes, I set some sell orders lower than what I would have liked in hindsight and it shot right through them. 

ApexEvo

Activity: 280

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:18:22 AM

OP of the thread is from 9th May. That's a while before the huge bubble started and some people then thought that alt prices will crash. This shows us that an actual bubble can occur at any time and I don't see a reason we won't see one again as soon as in a few days.

Hold on to your alts, this is all going to turn out to be a continuous upward trend with regular pumps and dumps but in the end the coins keep most of the ground they've earned. By the same time next year your coins will probably be worth several times what they are now.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:23:11 PM

Bitcoin's price will rise but its market cap will eventually decrease and this is very normal. I suggest stratis and etc to invest in.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:08:32 PM

OP of the thread is from 9th May. That's a while before the huge bubble started and some people then thought that alt prices will crash. This shows us that an actual bubble can occur at any time and I don't see a reason we won't see one again as soon as in a few days.

Hold on to your alts, this is all going to turn out to be a continuous upward trend with regular pumps and dumps but in the end the coins keep most of the ground they've earned. By the same time next year your coins will probably be worth several times what they are now.

It looks like the alt coin bubble is burst as well. The only alt coin worth holding right now is ETH. I saw it just broke the $200 barrier so it looks like it is still good. However, its currently red, so a lot of dumping of ETH is ongoing. I don't know if this is the start of the dumping of it because the price has peak now. Will try to hold still and see what happens.
arditstrx

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:20:20 PM

Bitcoin's price will rise but its market cap will eventually decrease and this is very normal. I suggest stratis and etc to invest in.

How is that, do you mean the number of bitcoins will decrease like eventually destroyed.
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 06:49:05 PM

It looks like the alt coin bubble is burst as well. The only alt coin worth holding right now is ETH. I saw it just broke the $200 barrier so it looks like it is still good. However, its currently red, so a lot of dumping of ETH is ongoing. I don't know if this is the start of the dumping of it because the price has peak now. Will try to hold still and see what happens.

How are you arriving at that?  Are you following the charts?  Every day there have been 20 or more coins that rise 20% or more.   Today is no different.  The total marketcap of all coins went from 75 billion to 85 billion in the last week.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:49:00 PM

Ya man looks like were in for Pump#3 or is it #4? I lost track.. Go alts!!1!  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: