Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETC and ETH fork on Poloniex  (Read 607 times)
BitSense Informatics (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 02:29:28 PM

I realize I'm a little late to this party, but earlier last year I had purchased pre-fork ETH on Poloniex. Its been months since i had logged in, but I recently done so expecting to have ETC and post-fork ETH in my account.  Instead I only found ETC.  I looked through the transaction history of the account and don't see anything suspicious.  I've attempted to contact Poloniex support several times over the last two weeks and have had no response from them.  Watching the price of ETH double during this time I've gone ahead and exchanged my ETC for ETH.

First, is my assumption correct that I should have both ETH and ETC in my account?  2nd, is there any other way to contact Poloniex support other than their online ticket system?

Thanks,
-Rob

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:31:37 PM

I realize I'm a little late to this party, but earlier last year I had purchased pre-fork ETH on Poloniex. Its been months since i had logged in, but I recently done so expecting to have ETC and post-fork ETH in my account.  Instead I only found ETC.  I looked through the transaction history of the account and don't see anything suspicious.  I've attempted to contact Poloniex support several times over the last two weeks and have had no response from them.  Watching the price of ETH double during this time I've gone ahead and exchanged my ETC for ETH.

First, is my assumption correct that I should have both ETH and ETC in my account?  2nd, is there any other way to contact Poloniex support other than their online ticket system?

Thanks,
-Rob

They have a high load of new customers and problems (like DDOS attacks), so it will take a while. You can ask a moderator through the Troll Box, they can try to give your ticket a push
didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:39:47 AM

Thanks,
-Rob

You can try to contact them on Twitter or facebook page and ask to the moderator on troll box,,
thanks

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:27:12 PM

First, is my assumption correct that I should have both ETH and ETC in my account? 
Thanks,
-Rob

There was some caveat about that but I can't remember what it was exactly.  Something like the ETH needed to be not on loan or not on margin or something...  I don't remember exactly.  But if it was just in your account balance then yes you should have had both.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: