Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:35:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Limits  (Read 597 times)
SammI (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:34:37 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 03:46:56 PM by SammI

Hi,

I am new to bitcoins. I registered with Coinbase (PITA) and was given a 2,000.00 per MONTH spending limit. What the heck can you do with that?
I tried IpayYou that had a daily limit of 1,800.00 but have had "transfer failed" cancel out the purchase (after BC went up 120.. in a day) with no reason given. Is there some other approach to BC that will allow for real investment. CEX has BC but at 100.00+ more than Coinbase. Where can I go (be nice) to get information/education on how to buy more than a few pennies worth of BC?

Thanks for your time.
SammI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:40:31 PM

Hi,

I am new to bitcoins. I registered with Coinbase (PITA) and was given a 2,000.00 per MONTH spending limit. What the heck can you do with that?
I tried IpayYou that had a daily limit of 1,800.00 but have had "transfer failed" cancel out the purchase (after BC went up 120.. in a day) with no reason given. Is there some other approach to BC that will allow for real investment. CEX has BC but at 100.00+ more than Coinbase. Where can I go (be nice) to get information/education on how to but more than pennies worth of BC?

Thanks for your time.
SammI

If you give all your identification process then i think your buying limit will also increase. and if you want higher limit or no limit in buying then you can go with localbitcoins site where you dont have in limit of buying and selling if i am not wrong.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:53:18 PM

coinbase also has an exchange, called "GDAX" there your "trading limit" is the "funding limit". So you can buy and sell as much as you want, but only can withdraw your limit.
So in case you are a trader, this is much better.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
SammI (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:59:24 PM

Wow! That was fast. Thak you guys(?) for the info.
SammI (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:00:44 AM

Well, now that BC is up from the 1607.00ish that I thought I bought, my account is straightened out. I understand why but it could have been avoided with a few common questions on IPayYou's end. Like what is the exact title of the account instead of assuming it was my login name. Spilled milk. At least I have an account with a decent spending limit.

Thanks to Serpens66 and.........the devil.
AndreXavier

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:59:09 PM

Make necessary verification and limits will be increased.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:33:24 PM

I don't think exchange website have limitations on buying. Different exchanges have difference in regulations and terms. I believe most of the exchanges have got withdrawal limits to $2000. Buying limits are available as much necessary through different trading platforms which give unlimited access. One such is the localbitcoins.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:07:55 PM

Well, now that BC is up from the 1607.00ish that I thought I bought, my account is straightened out. I understand why but it could have been avoided with a few common questions on IPayYou's end. Like what is the exact title of the account instead of assuming it was my login name. Spilled milk. At least I have an account with a decent spending limit.

My english is not good enough, to understand your sentences.
What happend? was it good or bad thanks to me?

If bad, what was the problem? I trade on GDAX myself and it is a funding limit, not a trading limit.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
btcforall777

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:58:07 PM

Is there anybody else that thinks its bullshit they any exchange can tell a "non fiat" customer how much of their own crypto they can withdraw?   
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:50:23 AM

I don't think exchange website have limitations on buying. Different exchanges have difference in regulations and terms. I believe most of the exchanges have got withdrawal limits to $2000. Buying limits are available as much necessary through different trading platforms which give unlimited access. One such is the localbitcoins.
When we will be having top most verification cleared, I believe there will be literally unlimited depositing/withdraw limits or one average trader may not reach those limits unless otherwise he is trading for group of people.

These buying limits are good and we must need them as it's preventing market manipulations. There are group of people they deal with hedge funds and hence they are capable of driving prices into any extreme and this types of manipulations may trap innocent traders. That is the reason exchanges enforce such limits.

Still those manipulators find advantage of having multiple accounts but a normal trader has nothing to do as it might seem like market sentiment (might be right now this is what happening with few major altcoins).
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:57:32 PM

may be some exchanges have the policy.  they allow to buy unlimited altcoin  on certain condition and after , but i think that in most of the exchanges the do not have any limit for buying and selling. for example in yobit or ccex.com you are free to buy or sell any amount of bitcoin,
SammI (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:26:31 PM

My english is not good enough, to understand your sentences.
What happend? was it good or bad thanks to me?

If bad, what was the problem? I trade on GDAX myself and it is a funding limit, not a trading limit.

Hi,

I was thanking you for taking the time (Most precious thing) to answer a newbie question.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: