Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:25:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining hashrates  (Read 846 times)
pcoin (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:08:04 PM

I am trying to purchase HP ProLiant DL-160 G6, 2 CPU Xeon 5650 vps for the sole purpose of cpu mining, i intend to mine either Monero or Dash.

Can anybody tell me the hashrate/s to expect from the cpu ?

Since i am buying this package, i will also like to know by expected returns on cpu coin or better still which cpu coin can i mine profitably with the vps.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:36:27 PM

Dash hasn't been CPU mineable for a profit for YEARS now - it went GPU 3 years or so back, then ASIC last year.

Monero might be mineable at a profit though, it's proven to be pretty CPU friendly - but you might want to make a point of getting a current-generation or at least "on the current process node" CPU if you want to be able to mine it profitably for more than a very few months.

Other CPU mineable coins I can't speak to.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
pcoin (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:44:23 PM

Dash hasn't been CPU mineable for a profit for YEARS now - it went GPU 3 years or so back, then ASIC last year.

Monero might be mineable at a profit though, it's proven to be pretty CPU friendly - but you might want to make a point of getting a current-generation or at least "on the current process node" CPU if you want to be able to mine it profitably for more than a very few months.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me, can you please tell me (If you know) how many Monero that i can mine with my computer specs above?

Also by your explanations, i should forget about mining Dashcoin on CPU unless asic.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:24:36 PM

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me, can you please tell me (If you know) how many Monero that i can mine with my computer specs above?

Also by your explanations, i should forget about mining Dashcoin on CPU unless asic.

Monero and Bytecoin are the best choice to mine with that CPU, especially Bytecoin because with Monero you will make about 10-12 USD a month and with Bytecoin much better because the price of Bytecoin has been on the rise lately and is stable now.
I have on exact 2 CPU Xeon 5650 in the server room of my company which I have only tested and could not let Minergate to run there because the other people can find out. But the test was, 10-12 USD a month in Monero. In bytecoin should be more.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 02:33:34 PM

I was running a 2 zeon server for a few months at the end of last year.  32gb of memory and the CPUs were 3 generations old, it was yielding about 1 XMR every week and a half if I remember correctly.  Unfortunately the electricity and waste heat cost made me realize it wasn't worth it.
kalang

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:09:46 PM

intel xeon good for mining monero,or cpu based cryptocoin..you can mine eth with gpu rig 280x etc
coskunz

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:15:27 PM

You can try to find some new altcoin projects to mine with cpu but you can watch how much is the electricity for it?
Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:27:29 PM

not good for cpu coin and cpu coin are bad in general on verium and zoin are the last good cpu coin to mine with little profit, what about buying a reyzen and have a better hashrate? the i3 reyzen don't cost too much and it is a good cpu

ZeonNetwork
Copper Member

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 01:20:23 PM

I was running a 2 zeon server for a few months at the end of last year.  32gb of memory and the CPUs were 3 generations old, it was yielding about 1 XMR every week and a half if I remember correctly.  Unfortunately the electricity and waste heat cost made me realize it wasn't worth it.
Thanks for advice
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: