Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:42:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Bit Coins! - My Ass!  (Read 4119 times)
jashcroft (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:51:32 PM

Hi Everybody.

I just started playing around with bitcoin, got myself a wallet and then looked at how to get some free bit coins for myself to test it out.  I guess I am not the first to have taken that path.

From what I see all of the sites offering free bit coins are kind of spammy and scammy even if they do give out micro coins (millionths of a coin) the amounts equate to literally pennies in real monetary terms.  Here is a summary of one site called Bitvisitor that many sites say is good and pays out.  Ya it pays out sometimes but here is a summary of what you get.

Lets me simplify this for you as of Saturday 20th April 2013 when I conducted the experiment

• 1 Euro = Approximately 0.01 Bitcoins
  • So to make one euro on Bitvisitor how long would that take?
  • The math is 0.01 divided by 0.000008 per click = 1250 clicks
  • Therefore I would need to click the ‘next’ button 1250 times before I could make 1 euro!!
  • Which would mean 1250 multiplied by 5 minutes which is 6250 minutes
  • Which in human readable form is equal to a staggering 104.167 hours!
  • Or 4.34 days to make 1 F!@#ing euro!
  • So in 1 year I would make about eighty four euro and ten cents!

I have the full details of the little experiment I carried out on http://ashcroftjulian.wordpress.com/

Anyway, maybe you might call me ungrateful but surely there is a way to make some more than this on a "Pay to Click" basis.

What I am asking for here is no bullshit links that you can prove the facts and present the numbers HERE as I have done above.  Other comments welcome, I am just looking to see from the community is there a better way which is easy for a newbie like me to make a couple of dollars with this Bitcoin craze.

Will be really curious to see if someone comes up with something better (Not Bit Mining Please)

I am not interested in getting into a flaming match with anyone just sharing my findings and also asking if some one REALLY knows of something better with a minimum of 1 dollar a day!

Good Luck to you all, and have a nice day!

J.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:56:09 PM

Get a job and buy bitcoins?

Anything that requires little or no effort or capital will provide the same in returns. Pay per click that pays out in dollars/euros would net you about the same return. Nobody is going to pay above market value for a service just because it pays out in bitcoins.

So work (mine) or just buy the coins  Grin

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
cleverchickens

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:56:46 PM

Menial rewards for menial tasks? Say it ain't so!  Grin
nickha0

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:58:52 PM

I think most people realize this after a few days of using these free BTC sites. I know I did myself. It's hard to grasp how small a micro bitcoin is until you realize that these sites don't give you 1/10th of that.

The goal is to get people interested in bitcoin, and find alternative ways to get them. I know it piqued my interest when I saw some of these sites. Besides, if they gave out more, they'd go broke pretty quick, as we found out with BitCrate.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:03:50 PM

What good is it if one only gets very very small amounts?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74046.msg1088930#msg1088930
weevil

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:05:32 PM

You will get better return even mining with a modest gpu
jashcroft (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:07:42 PM

Hi Nick,

Well the idea of getting interest for sure is working, and as the other person above stated stated "Menial Rewards for Menial Tasks" for sure is true.

But you mentioned BitCrate - Maybe someone has a better business model which pays more and maybe the tasks would not be so "Menial" if you know what I am saying.

Anyway, thanks for your comments

It's still some fun!

J

jashcroft (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:12:54 PM

Would you care to share what the number look like here?  As in how much in Bitcoins can you make with a "Modest GPU"?

J
battmann

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:24:10 PM

I run a site called getfreebitcoin.com that has a huge list of places that giveaway coin. If you start now, and use the links that I have listed, eventually they will be worth the time you put into them. At least in my opinion. I also run TwitterGames from donations to the site that you can participate in, and the prize for winning one of these daily events is 0.01btc or current $1.43.

The links on my page do go though some referrals so that I can keep giving away 0.01btc everyday (as you can imagine this gets quite expensive) so if you can deal with waiting a few seconds to go from the referral link to the free bitcoin site then you are not only going to be able to get free bitcoin, but you will be keeping the TwitterGames going as well! This system I found to work pretty well, and I hope that it can help you too ^.^

I also run another site called supplybitcoins.com where I sell small amounts of bitcoins to newbies using virtually every payment method there is (getting btc for some people is pretty annoying and hard) so I try to make it as easy as possible for newbies to get their first coins. I do charge a fee of course for this service, and it varies from payment method to payment method, but its nothing insane. Something like a few bucks.

Well I hope this helps, and if you ever need any help with bitcoin related things you can email me personally using the "Advice & Help" page of my www.getfreebitcoin.com site.

Enjoy Smiley
-battmann
jashcroft (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:30:53 PM

Nice One Battmann!!

Will definitely go and check out your links.

Thanks for your comments and information, good luck with the site,

J
battmann

Activity: 182

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:32:47 PM

Nice One Battmann!!

Will definitely go and check out your links.

Thanks for your comments and information, good luck with the site,

J

Thanks! I just broke a personal record of 4000 visits in one day, so its going pretty well considering I started in March lol.
cleverchickens

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:34:09 PM

Would you care to share what the number look like here?  As in how much in Bitcoins can you make with a "Modest GPU"?

J

Plug in data from here:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

...into here:
http://bitcoinx.com/profit
debianlinux

Activity: 221

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:37:32 PM

• 1 Euro = Approximately 0.01 Bitcoins

Your whole premise assumes that the value of BTC expressed in EU does not fluctuate. I remember using PTC sites when the reward was a measly and worthless .01 BTC. Seems it was well worth all that time I "wasted" on it after all, huh?
jashcroft (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:51:35 PM

Hi Debian Linux,

No my whole posting assumes nothing of the sort.  I even stated "as Saturday 20th April" - I fully appreciate that Bitcoin does indeed fluctuate in either direction on a daily / hourly / minute basis!

I believe you were in good and early and that advantage of receiving the 0.1BTC's then has stood to you very well now!

J

But as Isacc said! - What goes up must come down

roflplatypus

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:59:44 PM

on the other hand, i don't use exchanges for coins, i use websites where you sell bitcoins for some service (like steam codes).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: