Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:18:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paper to Live Wallet issues  (Read 905 times)
clanier1972 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:58:05 PM

Hello,

I recently transferred some bitcoin to a paper wallet I made on bitadress.org before realizing that  my Coinbase account doesn't have a feature that allows me to go straight from my paper wallet back to my Coinbase. Does anyone here know a method for moving my BTC from paper wallet back to Coinbase? If not, maybe someone could suggest a reliable live wallet that allows import from a paper wallet. I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:01:00 PM

Hey clanier1972, Coinbase does not allow you to import your own addresses into your account. This means that you cannot add a paper wallet directly. What can be done, is to first use a different wallet to gain access to your paper wallet. You can then send the funds from there into Coinbase.

Paper wallet -> Temporary wallet
Temporary wallet -> Coinbase

I'd personally recommend Electrum, however blockchain.info or Multibit (HD) would work as well. If you need more help, or if anything was unclear, just ask. There are many guides in how to import paper wallets. Once the paper wallet is imported into the temporary wallet, it should be easy to send to Coinbase. Hope that helps!
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:51:23 AM

Yep, I'd recommend Electrum as well as the temporary wallet but it does require a download and running software on your PC. If you are looking for an online wallet that requires no downloads, you could use blockchain.info instead.

Personally I'd recommend against using CoinBase as your wallet and use it more for exchanging between fiat and bitcoin. You are better off using your own wallet instead of them as a wallet as it gives you more control and privacy.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:13:44 AM

Hello,

I recently transferred some bitcoin to a paper wallet I made on bitadress.org before realizing that  my Coinbase account doesn't have a feature that allows me to go straight from my paper wallet back to my Coinbase. Does anyone here know a method for moving my BTC from paper wallet back to Coinbase? If not, maybe someone could suggest a reliable live wallet that allows import from a paper wallet. I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris
As you mentioned about your Problem and want solution from coinbase to paper wallet or paper wallet to coinbase , then I would like to tell you that it is possible to send bitcoin from any wallet to paper wallet but if you need to send you bitcoin then you need to import your private key in the suitable wallet .
I will suggest you to go for the official wallet that is blockchain  , go to the settings > Adress preferences> probably there you will see option of import and export bitcoin adress .
No just copy your text of the private key ( as you find suitable ) and then paste in the import section and submit ok .
In this way you will be able to access your bitcoin Adress to send your bitcoin through blockchain .
You can do the same thing in the mysellium wallet .
Note: I tried only with these two wallets , you can try with another wallets ,  Second thing is that coinbase have no feature of the import and export the private key of the bitcoin adress , so you can't​ handle your paper wallet in the coinbase .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
tigershark

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:35:44 AM

Hello,

Thanks,
Chris

I think you can use a wallet on the bitcoin blockchain site to sweep any coins from a paper wallet. Just set up an account first.
clanier1972 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:31:22 PM

Hello,

Thanks,
Chris
As you mentioned about your Problem and want solution from coinbase to paper wallet or paper wallet to coinbase , then I would like to tell you that it is possible to send bitcoin from any wallet to paper wallet but if you need to send you bitcoin then you need to import your private key in the suitable wallet .
I will suggest you to go for the official wallet that is blockchain  , go to the settings > Adress preferences> probably there you will see option of import and export bitcoin adress .
No just copy your text of the private key ( as you find suitable ) and then paste in the import section and submit ok .
In this way you will be able to access your bitcoin Adress to send your bitcoin through blockchain .
You can do the same thing in the mysellium wallet .
Note: I tried only with these two wallets , you can try with another wallets ,  Second thing is that coinbase have no feature of the import and export the private key of the bitcoin adress , so you can't​ handle your paper wallet in the coinbase .

Yes I'm  learning that the hard way. I'll look into electrum. Thanks
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 01:26:44 AM

Paper wallet is great feature as anyone can stake their on BTC securely with Paper wallet, But it needs to synchronize private keys with network to access wallet.

Coinbase dont offer control over your wallets addresses private keys, rather Blockchain have this additional feature to kep your Bitcoins more secure with control on private keys.

Bitcoin wallet address having no control over secret key can cause major issue.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:00:04 PM

Coinbase does not allow you to import your own addresses into your account.

That is serious violation of free will of user. They should allow that.
You can quicky change ur "temporary wallet" solution from coinbase to blockchain.info. Blockchain.info allow you to import private key from what i know.
Then you can send from blockchain.info back to ur coinbase account or use it all along.

You decide, make ur choice.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:51:34 AM

Coinbase does not allow you to import your own addresses into your account.

That is serious violation of free will of user. They should allow that.
You can quicky change ur "temporary wallet" solution from coinbase to blockchain.info. Blockchain.info allow you to import private key from what i know.
Then you can send from blockchain.info back to ur coinbase account or use it all along.

You decide, make ur choice.

I'd recommend staying away from any of these Web or online wallets. They hold your bitcoins for you and you can request them from them. It's the exact opposite of what bitcoins are, an unbanked decentralized currency. I will never use blockchain.info after they stole from me.

If there is no reason to trust anyone, why trust anyone? They aren't a bank. If your bitcoins are stolen by hackers or an inside job you're going to be on the wrong end of an 'oops, sorry' email.

Try electrum or mycelium. Stick with them and don't send any funds to a web wallet. There's no reason to trust them, so don't.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: