Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:29:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Market is going to dump on you at some point  (Read 3819 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:39:23 AM

Being a quality project means little.
It's about the reality of the situation..
What *WILL* happen ? Not dreams & fantasies.

There has to be an ever increasing sustained user base spending money.

That is the core issue at work here guys.
Why doesn't mean much.. it's about what *IS*.

The reality is unless we see an increasing level of money pour into a project etc it will stall.
When that happens the dev's now a days prop it up.
Ethereum was doing that the whole time since the early super hype / pump campaign.
It's been one of the most heavily manipulated coins we ever seen.

I seen Zack who was working with Jagropolite admitting publicly to do that too.
He said on Cryptsy chat he was not going to let the coin fall..
The more people dumped the more he sat there putting up walls as people dumped into them.
Eventually he was overwhelmed of course.. i told him it was stupid.

So..
Don't sit there assholes and pretend like dev teams are not doing this.
They are doing it and it's now standard practice.
You are all playing a rigged and heavily manipulated little profit game guys.

All you need to do is watch the crowd..
Once you see a market stall only two things will happen ..the mystery whale will jump in and pour in cash.
Or it will slump down losing value.

Then with all these coins sky rocketing up in value we can safely assume it has to come back down.
Why ?
Natural growth.. AKA: adoption.

The prices shoot up because of one type of user.. the PROFITEER.
If average folks like my grand parents were a part of the reason for all these ALT's exploding up in price i'd say ok we have a stable price to work with.
But the reality is we see more noobs and whales pumping coins.
..simply for profit.

Since day one i have been preaching to noobs to watch your ass.
Don't be a dreamer.. low hanging-crypto fruit.

I don't want to see noobs take losses.. but they will.
Many will because of the bullshit coin floggers post here all the time too.
There is no shortage of bullshit predictions that get posted here (all engineered to get your money basically)

Do what ever the hell you all want.. just be careful guys.

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:21:48 PM

The Bitcoin pump in 2013 happened because there was an overwhelming consensus that Bitcoin can have real world use some day. That pump dumped, and Bitcoin has since resurrected itself with concrete evidence of real world usage.

Same thing is happening right now. Everyone sees all these wonderful promises and decides that altcoins are going to do big things some day. Well, they currently aren't doing jack shit- so a pump correction is imminent.

bitcoin price was pumped back in 2013 because there was only one big exchange called Mt Gox which controlled all the bitcoin trading volume. it had nearly 75% to 80% of the market volume.

(sounds familiar doesn't it, Poloniex having same share of the volume in altcoins)

yeah the thought of bitcoin being a real word currency could have affected the price but not as the main reason. the difference however is that even back then there was a lot of real world usage for bitcoin.

but it has never been true about any of the altcoins, most of the top altcoins in lists are centralized anyways!

I have to say I never understood this fundamental distinction between Ford-T and other cars, that is, between bitcoin, the very first crypto currency, and all the others.  Of course, being the first, and on top of that, with a mysterious start, adds to the celebrity, but apart from being the first, in what ways is bitcoin special ?  It has the oldest technology, it has of course the widest network, and, just as with alt coins, its real world usage is small as compared to its speculative market cap.

The "actual usage" of bitcoin, you know, to buy stuff on the internet (other stuff than crypto or fiat of course !), apart from dark markets and extortion which are the true applications of crypto currencies, or of any other crypto for that part, has almost nothing to do with its speculative market value, which is just the value of an abstract betting token.  Crypto is totally speculation dominated, and its little bit of real world usage outside of this, is insignificant in the price setting of the asset.

This is a bit like saying that silver is of course truly valuable, as compared to, say, erbium, because with silver, people make spoons.  True, there are many more spoons made out of silver than out of erbium.  But the spoon-making industry is not what gives silver its value.

Ethereum has probably much more applications in the gambling industry: ethereum is the perfect gambling crypto, because you can write your bets in solidity.  So in a way, ethereum is more adapted to the world of gambling, betting and speculation, than bitcoin, which can essentially only transact. But again, the real usage of these tokens is of essentially no importance in its price setting, which is much more similar to the price setting of collector stamps and complex derivatives, purely based upon the interaction of technical analysis betters on the self-created market.

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 01:00:31 PM

Everybody who is into the crypto exchange obviously knows its a risk which might pay off or not and the issue of dump or pump is something one cannot control and the moment it happens, most of us just move with the tide after all I am not the only one that will be affected no matter how  unlucky I am. But at the same time when we were making the money during pumps no one complains so it should just work both ways.
BTFjmwn

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:42:26 AM

With dump (currently in progress) comes great buy opportunities. Get ready to buy low.
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:10:50 AM

Everybody who is into the crypto exchange obviously knows its a risk which might pay off or not and the issue of dump or pump is something one cannot control and the moment it happens, most of us just move with the tide after all I am not the only one that will be affected no matter how  unlucky I am. But at the same time when we were making the money during pumps no one complains so it should just work both ways.

It's the exciting part of being into crypto also. Sometimes what was speculated most turned to be worst one and the one that no one bothered went on the increase on price. Everybody does know the risk but not everybody knows how to avoid risk and where the find risk that is worth risking of risk that goes to fail. It's not controllable but i think it can be managed by reading news and updates in coins.
Mac0ni

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:38:10 AM

The market dumped on me a couple times pretty hard. Turned me off to cryptos in general and made me back out of the ETH presale (hindsight is 20/20). Thinking about getting back into it but damn ETH has shaken things up. Everything seems to have changed from building the best decentralized currency to building the best blockchain (ecosystem).
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:06:41 PM

Buy-and-hold probably saves you from looking at the chart everyday.

whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:51:08 PM

Not if the project is solid and you are patient. Just avoid margin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: