Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:00:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop-Limit at Poloniex  (Read 1632 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 07:20:52 AM

Do you use this feature at poloniex in your tradings? I just read about it on their website and it does look very useful to me.
Does it work well as it is said in the example? How do you use it?
I think this can be used to minimize the chances of losing your investment right?
gluedog

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 10:32:58 AM

Make sure you put the limit to a good distance lower than the stop.

If the price goes down too fast, the stop limit order might not get triggered.

Billionaire Token - Are you burning to play?
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 05:40:50 AM

Make sure you put the limit to a good distance lower than the stop.

If the price goes down too fast, the stop limit order might not get triggered.
Point noted. Does the same work for Buying as well?
BTW how do you adjust a stop when buying? Is it a price you have in your mind, or do you analyze according to an upcoming news or event?
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:46:58 AM

Its very useful if you arent in front of your computer the whole day or if you dont have any access to Poloniex outside of your home, like a smart phone. It will give you an assurance that you wont lose more than you plan to in a trade. But sometimes when the markets move very fast the can miss your stop loss target.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:40:25 AM

Do you use this feature at poloniex in your tradings? I just read about it on their website and it does look very useful to me.
I think this can be used to minimize the chances of losing your investment right?

Study Hard on this  TECHNIQUE you think you can profit easily but u can loss a lot easily too
if you understand what you will do on that TECHNIQUE on poloniex
just try a amount of bitcoin first then see the result ....
GL
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:11:19 PM

Try to read chart and just put limits according to current market trend. Don't just enter some random price on those limit, look at market depth and candle sticks.

Stop-limit can be very helpful if you don't like to sit infront of your laptop and in the meantime want to minimize big losses whenever market moves against your position.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:17:30 PM

Limit orders are useful features but unfortunately it is not available with all the cryptocurrency exchanges as some exchanges classify this for intermediate to advanced traders.

How do you use it?
The basic functionality of limit order is enabling you to buy/sell at one specif price levels. Usually you may buy/sell at current prices, but with limit order you will be able to buy above/sell below.

But it does not guarantee for not losing your capital. It is an extra feature and you may make use of it. So, gain more knowledge on it where and how to use it. Lots of youtube tutorials are available on this.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:44:34 PM

Stop limit is you can set first where your active well its specific for me to use of it because all my trade is for longterm. Traders that using stop limit is setting some buy sell prices that they want to buy or they want to sell their coins even if their not online it can be set.
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:14:42 PM

Yes,it is useful.They have a detailed tutorial somewhere on the site which clarifies everything you need to know.

Stop limit is the minimum amount that remains in your account even after you hit the low,no matter how solid the dump is ,your stop limit will save the coins that you marked as minimum.Gambling sites should have that feature too!

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:44:55 PM

Try to read chart and just put limits according to current market trend. Don't just enter some random price on those limit, look at market depth and candle sticks.

Stop-limit can be very helpful if you don't like to sit infront of your laptop and in the meantime want to minimize big losses whenever market moves against your position.
Yes this too can be quite useful as sitting and watching the market all day is hardly possible or even recommended. On top the chart window, you will find tools like Fibonacci retracement levels, Bollinger bands, EMAs, etc use them to determine where to place your stop- limit price for buying or selling. If you are not already conversant with them, try googling how to place stop loss below support and above resistance levels. Best of luck!
pinkflower

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:15:47 AM

The market doesnt follow your reads all the time but yeah, thats the general idea. Trading is really isnt as easy as it looks. Theres a skill component to it that you either have or dont have. You will know soon enough if you have it after a month or 2.
pinkflower

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:34:57 AM

Theres something happening on Poloniex. Its their stop limit feature. In their notices box it says that their stop limit feature is disabled. Maybe the traders are making bots that are abusing it and it makes the exchange lag?

Can anyone confirm if its ok to use Poloniex now?
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:47:51 AM

Theres something happening on Poloniex. Its their stop limit feature. In their notices box it says that their stop limit feature is disabled. Maybe the traders are making bots that are abusing it and it makes the exchange lag?

I don't trade via a bot, but I've used it a couple of days ago. It was working fine back then, not so sure right now though I have checked yet. But I did set a stop-limit on my ETH, since the prices were falling at the time and just made a limit for me to sell everything when it reaches that point.
KenR

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:47:45 AM

What ? How ? That doesn't make any sense.I'm sure of poloniex handling multiple requests concurrently.Also I've no idea what bots can do about stop limits.You have wrong information.

As long as you don't trust them with the amount you can't afford to lose,it's alright.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
pinkflower

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:37:30 AM

What ? How ? That doesn't make any sense.I'm sure of poloniex handling multiple requests concurrently.Also I've no idea what bots can do about stop limits.You have wrong information.

As long as you don't trust them with the amount you can't afford to lose,it's alright.

You can check their news box or ask around in the troll box. Its posted there. How can I have the wrong information if the message came straight from them?

You advice someone its ok to lose their funds as long as they can afford to lose it? How stupid.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 07:33:28 AM

There have been some issues with Polo stop-limit recently. I guess they have fixed up everything now. Please do double check this before using ti.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
pinkflower

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:13:41 AM

There have been some issues with Polo stop-limit recently. I guess they have fixed up everything now. Please do double check this before using ti.

Why dont you check it and report back here since youre the one who said that they fixed it already. Their notice box says its already fixed and theyll start crediting users back their stuck coins. I feel sorry for those who lost money. Its not their fault and the exchange should claim responsibility and give their users some form of restitution.
KenR

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:54:56 PM

Stop-Limit ? Polo is suffering from serious technical crises if not for their intentional buggy system.By the time I bought a few coins,their price had tripled from the time I requested.
The lag didn't allow me to proceed with the purchase.Worst part is,even though I was unable to buy the coins,the prices kept growing rapidly as if other whales were using the system normally.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
pinkflower

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:11:37 AM

Stop-Limit ? Polo is suffering from serious technical crises if not for their intentional buggy system.By the time I bought a few coins,their price had tripled from the time I requested.
The lag didn't allow me to proceed with the purchase.Worst part is,even though I was unable to buy the coins,the prices kept growing rapidly as if other whales were using the system normally.

The whales use trading bots that are connected to their Poloniex accounts via their API. So of course they will be faster than you because they access the site from a lower layer. If your altcoin is available in other exchanges it would be better to trade there than in Poloniex.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:16:52 PM

It's the same as the buy and sell order but differ on the price when you create a buy order, it deducts a little amount; but a little goes a long way right? Whereas when you use the stop-limit, whatever amount in btc you buy; the same amount shows on your buy order. But a lot of people don't actually use much of this feature plus poloniex has been lagging lately.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: