Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:34:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Received BFL Jalapeño Today!  (Read 40241 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:23:21 AM

Take a look at this shocking development:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/2004-i-want-cancel-my-order-been-week-no-response-office%40butterflylabs-2.html

Do you think he will get his Jalepeno immediately?

Comments welcome...
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:31:49 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/2004-i-want-cancel-my-order-been-week-no-response-office%40butterflylabs-2.html

Comments welcome...

I hope that "Due to high number of messages, please allow 1-2 weeks for responses from office@butterflylabs.com" isn't people requesting refunds.
I wonder if they have enough cash to refund all their pre-orders, or will it become first come first serve?

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:40:00 AM

Comments welcome...

I hope that "Due to high number of messages, please allow 1-2 weeks for responses from office@butterflylabs.com" isn't people requesting refunds.
I wonder if they have enough cash to refund all their pre-orders, or will it become first come first serve?
If bASIC (a former competitor to BFL) is any indication of what happens as a company implodes....

I suppose it is a true First In, First Out type of situation when it comes to refunds.

I am more interested in whether or not Paypal will do anything. Lets hope this man gets thrown to the front of the queue rather than jettisoned.

Edit: 2 weeks is a shocking amount of time...
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:23:34 AM

k9quaint, you, once again, are apparently too dense to understand the difference between being wrong and "misrepresentation."  Since you're unable to even differentiate between two very simple words, we really don't have much to discuss.  I recommend trying to learn basic English before trying to debate me.  You're pathetic it at.

But lets look at the BFL clown crew:  Tom is a scammer, no surprise there.  BitcoinINV, another scammer... no surprise there. CreativeX is still around trolling, as is Syke. Cedivad and Abracadabra have a BFL order now, shocker.  ElectricMusic has stopped? He drops in to troll now and again, but I've had him on ignore for a long time.  Abracadabra... yep BFL order.  That leaves SolarSilver.

Let's tally:

9 BFL clown crew total.
2 Scammers
2 BFL converts
4 Trolls still trollin' hard
1 MIA (SolarSilver)

So yeah... 44% still trolling, 22% BFL, 22% scammers and 11% Other. Gonna go with: k9quaint: FAIL

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:26:05 AM

...apparently too dense to understand the difference between being wrong and "misrepresentation." 

Kinda like your October or November 2012 shipping dates were wrong and "misrepresentation" ?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:59:15 AM

Comments welcome...

They require 1 to 2 weeks to respond to refunds?

To me that sounds like they are trying to delay refunding customers en masse because they dont have enough funds to keep things operational.

Refunds should not take 2 weeks. lol come on most businesses don't take that long to refund an order. Most take 2-3 business days max.

But then again we arent talking about a normal business this is BFL we are talking about.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:03:50 AM

k9quaint, you, once again, are apparently too dense to understand the difference between being wrong and "misrepresentation."  Since you're unable to even differentiate between two very simple words, we really don't have much to discuss.  I recommend trying to learn basic English before trying to debate me.  You're pathetic it at.

But lets look at the BFL clown crew:  Tom is a scammer, no surprise there.  BitcoinINV, another scammer... no surprise there. CreativeX is still around trolling, as is Syke. Cedivad and Abracadabra have a BFL order now, shocker.  ElectricMusic has stopped? He drops in to troll now and again, but I've had him on ignore for a long time.  Abracadabra... yep BFL order.  That leaves SolarSilver.

Let's tally:

9 BFL clown crew total.
2 Scammers
2 BFL converts
1 MIA (SolarSilver)

So yeah... 44% still trolling, 22% BFL, 22% scammers and 11% Other. Gonna go with: k9quaint: FAIL

1. Your best response is word games?

2. You keep avoiding important questions (i.e. why does it take 2 weeks to get a response concerning a refund?).

3. Also you keep calling us lying sacks of shit yet I haven't lied about your 1000BTC bet. You still have not proved you paid Runeks.

4. Keep avoiding important questions and only respond to arguments that boil down to DEFINITIONS and SPELLING word games.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:20:10 AM

Let's tally:

9 BFL clown crew total.
2 Scammers
2 BFL converts
1 MIA (SolarSilver)

Lol, he's keeping track on everyone who hassles him on a forum, glimpsing over the solid points against him, deleting people "defaming bfl" (as if it's possible), but he can't check e-mails.  Hmm... Loose ends.  He likes grape guys.  Did you know that?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:24:21 AM

I would think the COO of BFL could at least help out in the handling process of customer refund requests via email given he has so much time to post on the forums.

I mean if he has nothing better to do and there is a huge 2 week BACKLOG on customer refund requests what does that imply? Not manufacturing devices enmasse 400/day as claimed or can't keep up with refunding customers their moniez because you folks dont have enough to refund?

Evidence please Josh as you request is all to provide.

Also you still have not provided any evidence that you settled your 1000 BTC bet with user Runeks.

Still waiting...

(anticipation of more "you lying sacks of shit" response). Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:41:00 AM

[refund customers]  <----------?--------  [BFL] --------?-----------> [ship en mass ASICs]

1. Can't ship en mass ASICs to fill backlog of 20k-60k orders because not enough funds to produce orders.

2. Need to spam advertisements to get new customer money to pay for customer refunds AND production/materials for ASICs.

3. Ship first units to PR people to get more attention and possibly more customer money.

See BFL can't exist without NEW & OLD customer preorder monies. Hence their initial June 2012 post.

ADVERTISEMENT SPAM ---> CUSTOMER PREORDER MONEY  -----> REFUND CURRENT CUSTOMERS
                                                                                    -----> FUND EXISTING PREORDERS
                                                                                    -----> ADVERTISEMENT SPAM ---> CUSTOMER PREORDER MONEY

-----> REFUND CURRENT CUSTOMERS
-----> FUND EXISTING PREORDERS
-----> ADVERTISEMENT SPAM ---> CUSTOMER PREORDER MONEY  -----> REFUND CURRENT CUSTOMERS ...

See any pattern here? This reminds me of a ponzi.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 05:59:39 AM

There are a handful of people who placed orders on the tail end of the FPGA process who elected to wait for the ASICs (since they were shipping RSN (TM)) after they had already placed and paid for their order.  Scared is one of them, and we ship by date paid, not order number anyway, so it's kind of immaterial.

Before I read subsequent posts of this thread, I wish to comment that this is excellent response by Josh, one of which upon reading I have no reason to doubt its validity.
aeronautical

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 06:43:03 AM

Does anyone know what the delivery time is expected to be now if orded today? It seems to in constant flux.

1ANHKck2nyq82anGDwWDrBy3HJknDpkgzn  marioc@ieee.org
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 06:45:52 AM

Comments welcome...

Something's not right!

I'm sorry for your frustration. Messages are answered in the order they were received. You sent a refund request for this order number on 22 April at 20:23.

Due to high number of messages, please allow 1-2 weeks for responses from office@butterflylabs.com

My sister works for an outfit that ships goods to convenience stores. She single handedly directs the entire fleet drivers replying to over 300-400 emails a day along with her other activities her title consist of, and she's not what one would consider management material, if you know what I mean, but she's able to conduct this task without blinking an eye better than the previous person who had some type of college degree.

She does handle company money in a sense that when a driver reaches the maximum amount of time he's allowed to be on the road, she books a hotel for them, paying for it with the company CC.

If I remember correctly, the CS staff count consisted of  ~6-8 people with more being hired, and that was months ago when that was expressed by BFL.

What the hell has changed?

Does anyone know what the delivery time is expected to be now if orded today? It seems to in constant flux.

Projection times will no longer be supplied by BFL until units are ready to be shipped, so quit asking.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:50:57 AM

So as I expected there is NO GOOD REASON why BFL needs 2 weeks to respond to customer refund requests via email.

Other than not having enough funds to accomodate all the requests for refunds.

Prediction: The wait time for refund requests will grow over the next 4 months if BFL can't garner any new money to come and subsidize those wanting their money back.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

aeronautical

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 07:41:25 AM

"Projection times will no longer be supplied by BFL until units are ready to be shipped, so quit asking."

Can i just ask where did you see this?

I don't know everyone does as a job but I've been a hardware engineer for 20 years and this is the worst project management ever,
suppose that all of bitcoin is like betting on black.......

1ANHKck2nyq82anGDwWDrBy3HJknDpkgzn  marioc@ieee.org
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:47:29 AM

It's obvious a few users have made it their goal to destroy this forum. I avoid reading anything from bitcointalk.org anymore. In fact when I find it necessary to read the forums I'm forced to skim through pages of absolute junk from the same hateful people. It used to be a great resource and had a good community. Now it's full of hate mongers.
Yup. Liked it much more back then as well. Occasionally saw some people whining about Atlas, or the latest scam. But that was the only bad thing back then that I can remember. Once summer came around, and rumors of ASIC started, everything went downhill.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:52:28 AM

So as I expected there is NO GOOD REASON why BFL needs 2 weeks to respond to customer refund requests via email.

Other than not having enough funds to accomodate all the requests for refunds.

Prediction: The wait time for refund requests will grow over the next 4 months if BFL can't garner any new money to come and subsidize those wanting their money back.
<Runs into a raging frantic panic>

NEVER SPEAK OF THIS....AGAIN.  Shocked Grin

BFL will never fold. There is always an idiot in the wings ready to save it with his hard earned cash! Folks your money is at absolutely no risk. Josh has said so. Josh is dependendable, reliable, trustworthy....and above all else, in it for the bitcoin community. He will never put anyone at risk.

Smoothie is just thinking of the "worst case scenario".

If worst comes to worse, I will buy BFL assets at .005 cents (or BTC) on the dollar. I cannot guarantee I will give anyone any of those assets. But I am sure that someone will.

So rest assured, you have my word and that of Inaba. That is the full faith of the BitCoin <laughed uncontrollably while writing that> community.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:59:32 AM

Grin

Thats it. I am going to turn into a shill for the next week. I want to see what it feels like to be totally deluded and at the same time lie profusely.

I think there must be ?a thrill? to it in causing other people irreparable harm? Or perhaps the verbal abuse and hard and unyielding facts of the past make it pleasurable to endure despite that?

I suspect masochistic/sadist tendencies may grow out of my shill behavior...but lets see if people actually believe me when I tell them everything will absolutely be alright.

-------

Alright, Smoothie, give me your best shots. I will take you on single handedly. Josh is a saint and you should know better.

You just try your best with your dirty truths....and facts... Cheesy
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:07:27 AM

Smoothie,

Two weeks is an incredibly short amount of time for BFL to answer their emails. It is appropriate that they put in alot of thought into each and every response. Even if they look the same, down deep in the HTML code, a piece of their soul is transmitted with each message. This takes time and a state of Zen.

You have to understand that customers are asking difficult questions. They need more time to ponder on what these questions ultimately mean for them, the world and the Bitcoin community.

----------------

On the topic of the past, it's in the past. Just forget it ever happened. We all grow from each experience. Josh is not the same person he was yesterday.

What he said before no longer applies today. Promises are meant to grow and change with time. Please understand. Please stop attacking Inaba with memories of times gone by. Please....I beg you.  Cheesy
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:09:38 AM

I recommend trying to learn basic English before trying to debate me.  You're pathetic it at.

LOL! It seems even native speakers have difficulties with the syntax.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: