Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:45:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Received BFL Jalapeño Today!  (Read 40241 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:15:28 AM

I recommend trying to learn basic English before trying to debate me.  You're pathetic it at.

LOL! It seems even native speakers have difficulties with the syntax.
It's okay, hes human.

To err, is to be human.  Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:39:27 AM

Puerto,

OMFG! ROFL! HAHA!

You being a shill is even more entertaining!

Please don't stop defending BFL they need a shill like you to uphold the BFL code of ETHIX.

Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

vdragon

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 08:45:24 AM

Looking from the side, as a customer I would expect only 2 things when I buy something.

1. For the product to be delivered on time
2. For the product to work as advertised

BFL fails my a mile at both, the rest of the talk is simply not important. But in my country if these 2 points would fail, and I cant get my money back in 24 hours, IRS would be closing them down in next 7 days

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 09:41:49 AM

I recommend trying to learn basic English before trying to debate me.  You're pathetic it at.

costapete

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:37:30 PM

Eheheheheh
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:59:44 PM

k9quaint, you, once again, are apparently too dense to understand the difference between being wrong and "misrepresentation."  Since you're unable to even differentiate between two very simple words, we really don't have much to discuss.  I recommend trying to learn basic English before trying to debate me.  You're pathetic it at.

On advice from your lawyers, you will not admit to making misrepresentations here. I do not expect you to. Nor am I debating you, I know you can never admit to what you have done. I am doing this so that when people ask if they should order BFL we can point them to this thread and they can watch you twist in the wind.
And it is you who should be taking English classes (as others have pointed out).

But lets look at the BFL clown crew:  Tom is a scammer, no surprise there.  BitcoinINV, another scammer... no surprise there. CreativeX is still around trolling, as is Syke. Cedivad and Abracadabra have a BFL order now, shocker.  ElectricMusic has stopped? He drops in to troll now and again, but I've had him on ignore for a long time.  Abracadabra... yep BFL order.  That leaves SolarSilver.

Let's tally:

9 BFL clown crew total.
2 Scammers
2 BFL converts
4 Trolls still trollin' hard
1 MIA (SolarSilver)

So yeah... 44% still trolling, 22% BFL, 22% scammers and 11% Other. Gonna go with: k9quaint: FAIL

Just you and Kano. And you wouldn't even have him if Avalon had ponied up a free unit for him.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:12:05 PM

... I recommend trying to learn basic English before trying to debate me.  You're pathetic it at.

LOL! Josh oh your fails are so entertaining. If BFL implodes oh is there going to be a lot of popcorn poppin.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

DataPlumber

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 03:15:25 PM

k9quaint, you, once again, are apparently too dense to understand the difference between being wrong and "misrepresentation."  Since you're unable to even differentiate between two very simple words, we really don't have much to discuss.  I recommend trying to learn basic English before trying to debate me.  You're pathetic it at.

On advice from your lawyers, you will not admit to making misrepresentations here. I do not expect you to. Nor am I debating you, I know you can never admit to what you have done. I am doing this so that when people ask if they should order BFL we can point them to this thread and they can watch you twist in the wind.
And it is you who should be taking English classes (as others have pointed out).

But lets look at the BFL clown crew:  Tom is a scammer, no surprise there.  BitcoinINV, another scammer... no surprise there. CreativeX is still around trolling, as is Syke. Cedivad and Abracadabra have a BFL order now, shocker.  ElectricMusic has stopped? He drops in to troll now and again, but I've had him on ignore for a long time.  Abracadabra... yep BFL order.  That leaves SolarSilver.

Let's tally:

9 BFL clown crew total.
2 Scammers
2 BFL converts
1 MIA (SolarSilver)

So yeah... 44% still trolling, 22% BFL, 22% scammers and 11% Other. Gonna go with: k9quaint: FAIL

Just you and Kano. And you wouldn't even have him if Avalon had ponied up a free unit for him.
And me.  And perhaps SgtSpike.  And probably others reasonably afraid to enter this discussion: I've mostly stayed out of it, because the level of hate and vitriol spewed at anyone who takes a rational position is off the charts.

Fortunately, I wore my flame-retardant Underoos today.  So I'm all set.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:46:54 PM

k9quaint, you, once again, are apparently too dense to understand the difference between being wrong and "misrepresentation."  Since you're unable to even differentiate between two very simple words, we really don't have much to discuss.  I recommend trying to learn basic English before trying to debate me.  You're pathetic it at.

But lets look at the BFL clown crew:  Tom is a scammer, no surprise there.  BitcoinINV, another scammer... no surprise there. CreativeX is still around trolling, as is Syke. Cedivad and Abracadabra have a BFL order now, shocker.  ElectricMusic has stopped? He drops in to troll now and again, but I've had him on ignore for a long time.  Abracadabra... yep BFL order.  That leaves SolarSilver.

Let's tally:

9 BFL clown crew total.
2 Scammers
2 BFL converts
1 MIA (SolarSilver)

And me.  And perhaps SgtSpike.  And probably others reasonably afraid to enter this discussion: I've mostly stayed out of it, because the level of hate and vitriol spewed at anyone who takes a rational position is off the charts.

Fortunately, I wore my flame-retardant Underoos today.  So I'm all set.

You seem a reasonable sort by your post history. But you didn't even mention BFL until April 1st, and then you posted in the shipping bet thread. I believe we were discussing the people who have been "constantly trolling" in BFL threads. I wouldn't count your post history as someone who has been consistently participating in the discussion. Josh labels the people who post counter arguments to his claims as "trolls" and there was just a small number of us and it is the same old people. My counter assertion was that from our point of view, the people who disagree with Josh are a varied lot (except for PuertoLibre who has been here from the start) and it was just Josh and Kano who have been "trolling" in the BFL threads consistently. Josh especially by calling people douches, liars, trolls, etc.

SgtSpike has been around a lot as well.

You seem to support BFL's claims that they were just mistaken and there was no malice involved. Let us examine just one "mistake" for the moment:
How can you explain their statement that all 3 devices were sent for FCC testing (according to Josh in Nov 2012) at the same time and should be certified in 2 weeks. Fast forward to March, when there was only 1 device operating and it remained on the BFL premises (according to Luke) but somehow "shipped" to Luke. 3 working products supposedly sent to the FCC in November, I presume the 5, 25, and 50 GH/s devices. The Jalapeno could not have existed because it could not be powered by USB, it drew too much wattage, let alone the heat problems requiring them to use 25GH/s case and heatsink for it. Yet somehow, they sent a working version of all these devices to be certified? How on earth could the Chief Operations Officer be so out of touch with the state of BFL's products that he could make this mistake?

DataPlumber

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:01:09 PM

Let us examine just one "mistake" for the moment:
How can you explain their statement that all 3 devices were sent for FCC testing (according to Josh in Nov 2012) at the same time and should be certified in 2 weeks[?]
I'm trying to find the original for that, but Google isn't being my friend today.  Can you help?

And yeah, the whole "shipping before April" and bet thing was a clusterfuck.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:09:01 PM

How can you explain their statement that all 3 devices were sent for FCC testing (according to Josh in Nov 2012) at the same time and should be certified in 2 weeks[?]
I'm trying to find the original for that, but Google isn't being my friend today.  Can you help?

When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?

Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.

Buy & Hold
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:10:03 PM

Here is the most definitive statement he made about it on bitcointalk (that I have found so far)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119351.msg1314335#msg1314335
Here is SgtSpike himself asking the same question on the BFL forums at the end of January:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/690-13-jan-2013-asic-update-discussion-thread-41.html
There was no answer as far as I could find in Josh's post history.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:12:53 PM

Garsh!  I wonder why we've been delayed?  It couldn't be because there was a problem, could there?  Garsh!  

The level of stupidity displayed by Syke and the crew is absolutely astounding.  I mean, even a child can understand problem + delay = things not working.  Seriously, what mental breakdown is required for someone to be so oblivious as to not understand the basic fundamental principal of cause and effect?  I find it difficult to believe someone can be so incredibly stupid and still be able to use a computer.  So that leaves willful trolling... which pretty much explains Syke and the rest.

And that, folks, is why Syke, PuertoLibre, k9quaint, et al are complete wastes of humanity.  They are the ones that wreck this forum for everyone else and prevent any sort of sane, rational, mature discourse.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:12:57 PM

I was wondering what steps one might take in order to become a BFL shill?  Is there a form to fill out?  I want my jalapeños early and am willing to sell my soul to BFL to get mine so I can start mining before difficulty starts to suck.

So could someone PM me the URL for the application process?

Thanks in advance!
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:15:35 PM

Yep, to be classified as a BFL shill on Bitcointalk, you must:

a) Be rational
b) Be able to evaluate what you read without rage and bias
c) Post according to your evaluation
d) Not be mentally unbalanced

That's the only requirements to be a BFL shill.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:15:57 PM

Garsh!  I wonder why we've been delayed?  It couldn't be because there was a problem, could there?  Garsh!  

So why is the 5 GH/s unit shipping without FCC approval?

Buy & Hold
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:18:10 PM

The level of stupidity displayed by Syke and the crew is absolutely astounding.  I mean, even a child can understand problem + delay = things not working.  Seriously, what mental breakdown is required for someone to be so oblivious as to not understand the basic fundamental principal of cause and effect?  I find it difficult to believe someone can be so incredibly stupid and still be able to use a computer.  So that leaves willful trolling... which pretty much explains Syke and the rest.

And that, folks, is why Syke, PuertoLibre, k9quaint, et al are complete wastes of humanity.  They are the ones that wreck this forum for everyone else and prevent any sort of sane, rational, mature discourse.

Bolded is where you down played the problems and made them seem not as bad as they really were...

hence all of your "2 more weeks"..."shipping soon"..."oct, nov, dec, jan, feb, mar, apr"

Oh and your insults only show how shallow you really are. Can't have a civil discussion without getting all emotional? Butthurt much? LOL

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:40:22 PM

At first I have to admit I also felt some of these guys were "over the top" and should relax but now I completely understand. There are so many shady characters in the Bitcoin community that many feel the need to root them out and reveal the bullshit, for better or worse. Josh does have a pretty thick smoke screen but there is one basic fact that many of these vigilantes above are trying to make everyone aware of. Josh/BFL has been saying "just a few more weeks" over and over for months and months WAY past the point of credibility. All of these other tedious arguments/insults/etc are really just a distraction from this main point. I don't have the time nor passion to constantly call Josh out so kudos to those that do...
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:02:16 PM

Yet another evasion. Josh never addresses how in November he claimed to have 3 working products sent for certification testing. Yet the Jalapeno as designed was untenable and could never have worked. The mini-rig was an absolute fantasy given its 7500W power profile. One Single barely limped into the dubious category of shipped without leaving BFL on April 1st. We now know BFL had serious problems with development (finally). If you had just admitted that you needed to do a complete redesign in October, I wouldn't be here typing this.

Followed by his standard tactic of insulting those who dare to disagree or question him.

bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:04:38 PM

You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.

Fuck you asshole. Where the fuck do you think your first customers came from ?

Eat a bag of dicks.

Little known fact; a bag of dicks contains exactly 17 dicks.  It is known as a "hooker's dozen".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: