Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:24:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Received BFL Jalapeño Today!  (Read 40235 times)
tbd

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:25:29 PM

Whoa... I see where the communication breakdown is.  You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.  Heh.  How... quaint.  I see where you get your nick, now.

From the Advertise on this forum - Round 80
7 @ 3.25

Why spend 22.75 BTC advertising on a forum that isn't relevant to mining hardware?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:27:04 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2013, 05:41:12 PM by PuertoLibre

Just you and Kano. And you wouldn't even have him if Avalon had ponied up a free unit for him.
Shakes fist ANGRILY: "Thats not truuee!"

You liar!

You can totally give people an e-money printing machine and that will neither affect their income or their attitude. You ASSUME too much. You ASSume that they will make that e-currency into fiat USD and thereby affect their opinions.

Where is your proof of that? HUH? Where? Post it Damnit!?

(Master BFL Shill)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:40:24 PM

Garsh!  I wonder why we've been delayed?  It couldn't be because there was a problem, could there?  Garsh!  

The level of stupidity displayed by Syke and the crew is absolutely astounding.  I mean, even a child can understand problem + delay = things not working.  Seriously, what mental breakdown is required for someone to be so oblivious as to not understand the basic fundamental principal of cause and effect?  I find it difficult to believe someone can be so incredibly stupid and still be able to use a computer.  So that leaves willful trolling... which pretty much explains Syke and the rest.

Thats right!

There was just a delay in sending it to the post office and FCC for 7 plus months. These things happen!

Why can't you folks understand and accept it?

And that, folks, is why Syke, PuertoLibre, k9quaint, et al are complete wastes of humanity.  They are the ones that wreck this forum for everyone else and prevent any sort of sane, rational, mature discourse.

Yes, we are total wastes of flesh, but he is not. Because he is "Special". That is why no one depends on us for delivery. Only on him. It is unfortunate that he has missed his shipping date more than 15 times. But this sort of things happen. ASIC are HARD.  Cheesy

(Looks over at his Avalon ASIC and thinks those Chinese engineers must have super [genetically engineered] scientist working 24x7 to have made it in three months and ahead of schedule. What a fearsome people!)

How can you expect Inaba, with more money weighing him down, and more resources....to complete it in such a short time?! Does he look genetically engineered to you?! He is a mere mortal! "Special" Mortals can only do so much in 170+ days. We don't all have access to ASIC engineers of that kind of quality and experience!

(Master BFL Shill)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:49:12 PM

Give Inaba your money! NOW

He WILL pull through...trust me. Just...trust me.

(Master BFL Shill)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 05:52:19 PM

You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.

Fuck you asshole. Where the fuck do you think your first customers came from ?

Eat a bag of dicks.

Little known fact; a bag of dicks contains exactly 17 dicks.  It is known as a "hooker's dozen".

Dam and they say you don't learn anything from these forums !  TY ! - i am certainly going to use that in a sentence tomorrow !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:52:53 PM

I was wondering what steps one might take in order to become a BFL shill?  Is there a form to fill out?  I want my jalapeños early and am willing to sell my soul to BFL to get mine so I can start mining before difficulty starts to suck.

So could someone PM me the URL for the application process?

Thanks in advance!
Just believe in your heart of hearts that Inaba will do no wrong. If he says something, it is always true. TRUST HIM.

Just do it.®

Yep, to be classified as a BFL shill on Bitcointalk, you must:

a) Be rational
b) Be able to evaluate what you read without rage and bias
c) Post according to your evaluation
d) Not be mentally unbalanced

That's the only requirements to be a BFL shill.

(Master BFL Shill)
DataPlumber

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 05:56:42 PM

Let us examine just one "mistake" for the moment:
How can you explain their statement that all 3 devices were sent for FCC testing (according to Josh in Nov 2012) at the same time and should be certified in 2 weeks[?]
I'm trying to find the original for that, but Google isn't being my friend today.  Can you help?
And yeah, the whole "shipping before April" and bet thing was a clusterfuck.
When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?
Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.
While the statement that he's waiting on test lab certification was weaselly enough to make some lawyers blush, it's not false.  In fact, it's still true.

Since the actual certification for a non-transmitting device should take only 2-3 days, one could charitably presume that he was hoping to get a device in for testing within a week or two or three, and that the timeframe wouldn't be far off.  If one were feeling charitable.  If it were actually in a lab, he wouldn't have needed the "maybe," which is a tip that he wasn't being entirely forthright at the time, and knew it, so I'll concede the point that they were being intentionally misleading.  But you could also infer that they thought they were close enough to having working devices that the statement wouldn't turn out to be false.

Still... blame it on malice, or unbridled/irrational optimism?  I've worked with a lot of project managers that wouldn't even admit to themselves when a deadline was slipping, and somehow managed to be shocked when all of the milestone delays turned into a missed shipping date.  It didn't make them bad people, just bad project managers.

That BFL has managed this project badly has been acknowledged by, I think, everyone involved in the discussion, even BFL.

jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:10:39 PM

Garsh!  I wonder why we've been delayed?  It couldn't be because there was a problem, could there?  Garsh!  

The level of stupidity displayed by Syke and the crew is absolutely astounding.  I mean, even a child can understand problem + delay = things not working.  Seriously, what mental breakdown is required for someone to be so oblivious as to not understand the basic fundamental principal of cause and effect?  I find it difficult to believe someone can be so incredibly stupid and still be able to use a computer.  So that leaves willful trolling... which pretty much explains Syke and the rest.

And that, folks, is why Syke, PuertoLibre, k9quaint, et al are complete wastes of humanity.  They are the ones that wreck this forum for everyone else and prevent any sort of sane, rational, mature discourse.

Is he even addressing anybody anymore, or is this the dialogue the comes out when a BFL_ Josh doesn't "work" right?

Here's cause and effect.  Cocky Asshole -> Unintended/intended ponzi scheme.

I mean, someone invests $30K into you and you call them stupid.  Obviously you have no shame about your inside out anus.  You have to be angrier, and less gay, if you want this thing to blow up like you hoped, but the way you keep company you can only have "friends" that you pity.

Sad Josh, his scheme isn't making him happier.

I just wonder how long it's going to take before we all find out that the 6 "burnt out" (missing) wafers with no proof of insurance ended up in someone's facility.  Bitcoin fans will regard the legacy of Bitcoin, and the act of hunting you and prosecuting you (by the law of whatever man catches you), will be part an epic chapter of how BTC became more secure, and more trusted.  (Hopefully they don't kill you in the end, but that might depend on how stubborn you are in turning over your wallet)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:30:14 PM

Let us examine just one "mistake" for the moment:
How can you explain their statement that all 3 devices were sent for FCC testing (according to Josh in Nov 2012) at the same time and should be certified in 2 weeks[?]
I'm trying to find the original for that, but Google isn't being my friend today.  Can you help?
And yeah, the whole "shipping before April" and bet thing was a clusterfuck.
When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?
Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.
While the statement that he's waiting on test lab certification was weaselly enough to make some lawyers blush, it's not false.  In fact, it's still true.

Since the actual certification for a non-transmitting device should take only 2-3 days, one could charitably presume that he was hoping to get a device in for testing within a week or two or three, and that the timeframe wouldn't be far off.  If one were feeling charitable.  If it were actually in a lab, he wouldn't have needed the "maybe," which is a tip that he wasn't being entirely forthright at the time, and knew it, so I'll concede the point that they were being intentionally misleading.  But you could also infer that they thought they were close enough to having working devices that the statement wouldn't turn out to be false.

Still... blame it on malice, or unbridled/irrational optimism?  I've worked with a lot of project managers that wouldn't even admit to themselves when a deadline was slipping, and somehow managed to be shocked when all of the milestone delays turned into a missed shipping date.  It didn't make them bad people, just bad project managers.

That BFL has managed this project badly has been acknowledged by, I think, everyone involved in the discussion, even BFL.

A false statement that was Intentionally misleading regarding a material aspect of product development is the only thing I am trying to prove.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:47:59 PM

Damnit K9!

You have infected my friend DataPlumber with your dirty truths. How DARE you show him the past with FACTS. You total scumbag  Cheesy Wink...what did you think would happen?

Now DP is all confused and conceeding things. You people!

@ DP

BELIEVE...TRUST...let it "seep in" to your bones.

(Master BFL Shill)

DataPlumber

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 07:11:59 PM

Damnit K9!

You have infected my friend DataPlumber with your dirty truths. How DARE you show him the past with FACTS. You total scumbag  Cheesy Wink...what did you think would happen?

Now DP is all confused and conceeding things. You people!

@ DP

BELIEVE...TRUST...let it "seep in" to your bones.

(Master BFL Shill)
I'll have to agree with Smoothie on this point:  you are a lot more entertaining as the Master Shill, instead of being the trollish master at baiting people.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:13:37 PM

Yet another evasion. Josh never addresses how in November he claimed to have 3 working products sent for certification testing. Yet the Jalapeno as designed was untenable and could never have worked. The mini-rig was an absolute fantasy given its 7500W power profile. One Single barely limped into the dubious category of shipped without leaving BFL on April 1st. We now know BFL had serious problems with development (finally). If you had just admitted that you needed to do a complete redesign in October, I wouldn't be here typing this.

Followed by his standard tactic of insulting those who dare to disagree or question him.
A reasonable explanation:  They sent in the QFN-packaged version before they knew of the heat issues faced, and did or did not get it certified.  Doesn't really matter, since they had to redesign the whole thing anyway.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:42:18 PM

Yet another evasion. Josh never addresses how in November he claimed to have 3 working products sent for certification testing. Yet the Jalapeno as designed was untenable and could never have worked. The mini-rig was an absolute fantasy given its 7500W power profile. One Single barely limped into the dubious category of shipped without leaving BFL on April 1st. We now know BFL had serious problems with development (finally). If you had just admitted that you needed to do a complete redesign in October, I wouldn't be here typing this.

Followed by his standard tactic of insulting those who dare to disagree or question him.
A reasonable explanation:  They sent in the QFN-packaged version before they knew of the heat issues faced, and did or did not get it certified.  Doesn't really matter, since they had to redesign the whole thing anyway.

The heat issues were so severe that I doubt they escaped notice under any circumstances. The product needs to be able to function for a reasonable period of time to test for RF leakage. It is not just an on/off sort of test. I would imagine if they actually got certification that it would have been paraded in front of the naysayers as proof that a product existed.

It is only because they had to redesign the whole thing that we are even talking about any of this. They were in a serious marketing war with Avalon and bASIC at the time and could not afford to show any weakness lest their investors start ask for refunds.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
iPaulito

Activity: 150

1EDwkxCjCMGGNQqZdxa8FwheMHXSoQe4TU

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:56:30 AM

Can you actually mine other cryptocoins with that?
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:18:09 AM

Only SHA256 coins, not scrypt which limits the choice a lot.

PPC, TRC are two possible candidates, though you then have to find something useful to do with those alt coins. If you have to convert them to BTC, you might as well just mine the BTC.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:50:45 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 07:05:29 AM by Bicknellski

Only SHA256 coins, not scrypt which limits the choice a lot.

PPC, TRC are two possible candidates, though you then have to find something useful to do with those alt coins. If you have to convert them to BTC, you might as well just mine the BTC.

FRC

Which you can trade for USD, CNY and EUR. Also it is profitable at 399% of BTC given the coinchoose ratings http://coinchoose.com/.  Don't get me wrong I hope everyone doesn't use their BFL rigs for FRC... or at the very least they get them WELL after I get a working set of Klondike boards from BKK. I think I have as much chance of getting 160 GH/s on to FRC in August as someone waiting for BFL. Although I would prefer that BFL fails to deliver I really feel the customers deserve their units as soon as possible. It is beyond ridiculous at this point for BFL to promise anything. This is where they should stfu and roll up their sleeves and stop jerking with the shipping and reworking the contract conditions to fuck everyone of their customers over and get it fucking done already.

If I get a working ASIC machine before most BFL customers I would say that BFL are completely and utterly-useless considering that an open source board with working ASIC chips could be developed in as little as 3 months. I have more faith in the open source development people than anything BFL is offering at this point especially considering the "clawback" shipping they are employing which I think might be a ploy to cover investors? Bank Loans? Mortgages on their homes? Who knows what these shady people are up to that is why I am glad to have control over most of pathways to get my own chips to boards.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
erk

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:57:13 AM

FRC

Which you can trade for USD, CNY and EUR. Also it is profitable at 399% of BTC given the coinchoose ratings http://coinchoose.com/.  Don't get me wrong I hope everyone doesn't use their BFL rigs for FRC... or at the very least they get them WELL after I get a working set of Klondike boards from BKK. I think I have as much chance of getting 160 GH/s on to FRC in August as someone waiting for BFL. Although I would prefer that BFL fails to deliver I really feel the customers deserve their units as soon as possible. It is beyond ridiculous at this point for BFL to promise anything. This is where they should stfu and roll up their sleeves and stop jerking with the shipping and reworking the contract conditions to fuck everyone of their customers over and get it fucking done already.

If I get a working ASIC machine before most BFL customers I would say that BFL are completely and utterly-useless considering that an open source board with working ASIC chips could be developed in as little as 3 months. I have more faith in the open source development people than anything BFL is offering at this point especially considering the "clawback" shipping they are employing which I think might be a ploy to cover investors? Bank Loans? Mortgages on their homes? Who knows what these shady people are up to that is why I am glad to have control over most of pathways to get my own chips to boards.

FRC might be viable, it just depends on when ASICs are actually available. This pre-order caper is for the birds. When someone like Apple take pre-orders, it's usually for a month or so before the release date of a new product, and usually on that date they will have a million units packaged and ready to ship. I remember when the iPad first came out, I did a pre-order and on the release date about 11am in the morning a courier turns up with my iPad. That is customer service how it can be done, and in much bigger volumes with the associated problems than either BFL or Avalon pre-orders.

Like you, I am also interesting in the Avalon boards as well as the BFL devices, but I am not going to order one until they are finished, tested, and reviewed by the people on this forum at least.

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:43:49 PM

Whoa... I see where the communication breakdown is.  You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.  Heh.  How... quaint.  I see where you get your nick, now.

From the Advertise on this forum - Round 80
7 @ 3.25

Why spend 22.75 BTC advertising on a forum that isn't relevant to mining hardware?

Help BFL to save their money their customers money

Petition: BFL should no longer be allowed to advertise here

Petition: BFL should no longer be allowed to advertise here until they shipping large-scale,
and have donated the 1000 BTC to charity

EDIT:
If someone wants to copy the link to his signature:
Code:
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194488.0/]Petition: BFL should no longer be allowed to advertise here[/url]

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:01:00 PM

k9quaint, you, once again, are apparently too dense to understand the difference between being wrong and "misrepresentation."  Since you're unable to even differentiate between two very simple words, we really don't have much to discuss.  I recommend trying to learn basic English before trying to debate me.  You're pathetic it at.

But lets look at the BFL clown crew:  Tom is a scammer, no surprise there.  BitcoinINV, another scammer... no surprise there. CreativeX is still around trolling, as is Syke. Cedivad and Abracadabra have a BFL order now, shocker.  ElectricMusic has stopped? He drops in to troll now and again, but I've had him on ignore for a long time.  Abracadabra... yep BFL order.  That leaves SolarSilver.

Let's tally:

9 BFL clown crew total.
2 Scammers
2 BFL converts
4 Trolls still trollin' hard
1 MIA (SolarSilver)

So yeah... 44% still trolling, 22% BFL, 22% scammers and 11% Other. Gonna go with: k9quaint: FAIL

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I've been watching with quite a bit of interest, and I must confess, a high degree of amusement.

Inaba, I haven't been around long enough to know you or your history well enough, so this is a bit of a disclaimer. I chose this post because of one particular statement, rather than to be personal. It applies in varying degrees to everyone involved in this brawl. Yes, I said BRAWL.

All of you have demonstrated, damn near in textbook fashion, all of the logical fallacies that any debater should know and understand before opening their mouth, let alone laying fingers to the keyboards. While what y'all are doing is entertaining, and sometimes informative, referring to it as debate is disingenuous at best.

If you (collectively) want to at least APPEAR to be debating, I suggest you follow this link and learn something of the art. http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html

That being said, I am highly interested in the BFL line of products, and deeply concerned about the troubles of the company. I don't think BFL is a deliberate scam, but the business practices they have demonstrated are deeply troubling. I want to buy a couple of the high end machines, but can't currently justify the risk. I may pre order the little guy just to see what happens, but honestly it's ROI is unlikely to be very good even at that price by the time BFL ships. IF BFL ships.

Those of you who seem to have some inside influence or acquaintance with BFL would be serving your contacts well to put 'em up against a wall and explain basic economics and basic ethical business to them. It's fairly simple. Don't bullshit your customers. If you got a problem, especially on something highly speculative like this, you don't be vague, you TELL those who are invested or thinking about it UP FRONT. Most of us understand. What we don't understand is being obfuscatory. It makes you look like you are being deliberately shady, even if you're just reacting. The truth may hurt, but the rumour mill created by being anything less than honest WILL hurt more.
erk

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:27:51 PM

[

That being said, I am highly interested in the BFL line of products, and deeply concerned about the troubles of the company. I don't think BFL is a deliberate scam, but the business practices they have demonstrated are deeply troubling. I want to buy a couple of the high end machines, but can't currently justify the risk. I may pre order the little guy just to see what happens, but honestly it's ROI is unlikely to be very good even at that price by the time BFL ships. IF BFL ships.

Those of you who seem to have some inside influence or acquaintance with BFL would be serving your contacts well to put 'em up against a wall and explain basic economics and basic ethical business to them. It's fairly simple. Don't bullshit your customers. If you got a problem, especially on something highly speculative like this, you don't be vague, you TELL those who are invested or thinking about it UP FRONT. Most of us understand. What we don't understand is being obfuscatory. It makes you look like you are being deliberately shady, even if you're just reacting. The truth may hurt, but the rumour mill created by being anything less than honest WILL hurt more.
I understand you skepticism, I too would not order a large BFL unit until an order for a small unit is fulfilled and the worthiness of the supplier is confirmed. The delay is extremely worrying, because the ROI is dropping at an exponential rate due to the BTC difficulty increases. If the myriad of small Avalon chip projects start shipping before BFL clears a substantial portion of it's pre-orders, I suspect they will get a lot of cancellations as people want to be mining now, not months down the track. The clock is ticking.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: