Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:20:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC retracing back to support line?  (Read 3063 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:41:39 AM

Looks like segwit activation news are lossing gas already, so we may test support line which according my technical analysis falls anywhere down to 0.013 - 0.016 depending on how aggressive you want to be.

If it stays above there, it's good news, but if it falls below there, I hope we don't re-test 0.010 again.

Let's see how the following hours develop, maybe we can pick up some cheaper LTC.
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:31:37 AM

Thought there would be more fire in the pump. Thought it would hold strong against BTC's gain.
Come on LTC!!!
leademepls

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:47:54 AM

It would have held stronger back in the day when there was no ETH. Still we made X8 profits, I'd say I'm pretty pleased with this pump even if it's over. Thank you LTC, old friend!
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:22:38 PM

yesterday when i saw the other topic about litecoin and "sell the news" about SegWit thing i placed a couple of orders at different prices but when i saw the ~100BTC in front of my first order vanish after a short while and also saw the orderbook in that picture i linked, i decided to change things around a bit.

sadly my 0.013BTC order is not yet filled but at least i got some orders filled, the lowest it went was 0.0157BTC on bittrex i guess and it doesn't seem to be going any lower for the time-being.

and i think the 0.013BTC that happened on 9th was the worst case scenario of dumping and mostly because of poloniex mass panic because of all other alts dumping!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:30:57 PM

The retracement happened down to 0.0150

Unfortunately, my buy order was set at 0.0147... so I woke up with an unfilled order. Right now we are sailing around 0.017... let's see if it holds, there's still some space to re-test the support line so maybe we can buy again soon at around 0.0150, hopefully not lower or I may start thinking we are going down to 0.012 or something.
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:33:37 PM

Buy the rumor, sell the news.  Grin

groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:12:06 AM

I've seen a small dip due to some profit taking. Since segwit it feels like everyone is watching to see what happens,  both sellers/buyers.
If it drops another 10% I think the remaining profit takers may cut their losses and dump away.... It could go below 0.01or even lower,  but for now it looks like there's plenty of support well above that. In the long run though,  it's up and up imo.

It's interesting to watch.
pipoinzaghi

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:37:55 AM

As I didnt buy it when it was 1 usd because I didnt see what special value ltc would have over btc, it feels harsh for me to buy it now with a value of 30 usd. So i will never buy it
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:53:20 AM

As I didnt buy it when it was 1 usd because I didnt see what special value ltc would have over btc, it feels harsh for me to buy it now with a value of 30 usd. So i will never buy it

Good choice.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:54:34 PM

Unfortunately, my buy order was set at 0.0147... so I woke up with an unfilled order.

that is why you spread the orders.
do what i did (read your above comment) place some orders at different levels with different amounts that you feel are best suited to spread then this way you have a better chance of getting at least something out of the dips.

remember that this is only good when you have confidence in future price rise but it won't work if market is on a dumping spree which each dip being lower than the other.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Zegra

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 01:24:23 PM

Is there an ETA for when lightning network news will hit in, when it will become available, etc
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:39:51 PM

Unfortunately, my buy order was set at 0.0147... so I woke up with an unfilled order.

do what i did (read your above comment) place some orders at different levels with different amounts that you feel are best suited to spread then this way you have a better chance of getting at least something out of the dips.

remember that this is only good when you have confidence in future price rise but it won't work if market is on a dumping spree which each dip being lower than the other.

I've found that it puts too much psychological stress having different entry orders because I have to keep track of all of them. I like to have a single price to worry about and going all in at a pretty conservative price can work out. My buy order right now is set at 0.0143. Im hoping that we will retest 0.0131 for a double dip then a recovery where I would sell at around 0.0165 before I decide if I want to keep holding this or not because I fear a big dump before long term recovery.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:58:12 PM

I've found that it puts too much psychological stress having different entry orders because I have to keep track of all of them. I like to have a single price to worry about and going all in at a pretty conservative price can work out. My buy order right now is set at 0.0143. Im hoping that we will retest 0.0131 for a double dip then a recovery where I would sell at around 0.0165 before I decide if I want to keep holding this or not because I fear a big dump before long term recovery.

Why it should dump? based on what?
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:48:41 PM

Is there an ETA for when lightning network news will hit in, when it will become available, etc

Major Milestone: The First Lightning Payment on Litecoin pays from Zurich to San Francisco

https://blockstream.com/2017/05/11/lightning-on-litecoin.html

thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:37:05 PM

Why it should dump? based on what?

Well, usually when support lines are broken people tend to panic sell. Anything can happen tho, but if the lowest we go is 0.0135 ish then it's good news, if we go lower then the current channel would be broken and some may decide to panic sell. Im keeping my buy order at around medium 0.145 and hoping we dip again on there as the initial hype of segwit fades until we get more LN news.
WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:32:57 PM

yesterday when i saw the other topic about litecoin and "sell the news" about SegWit thing i placed a couple of orders at different prices but when i saw the ~100BTC in front of my first order vanish after a short while and also saw the orderbook in that picture i linked, i decided to change things around a bit.

sadly my 0.013BTC order is not yet filled but at least i got some orders filled, the lowest it went was 0.0157BTC on bittrex i guess and it doesn't seem to be going any lower for the time-being.

and i think the 0.013BTC that happened on 9th was the worst case scenario of dumping and mostly because of poloniex mass panic because of all other alts dumping!

It only hit .013 on Polo due to their inability to keep their platform stable. The ripple effect was stong.

DELETED
dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:56:55 PM

It only hit .013 on Polo due to their inability to keep their platform stable. The ripple effect was stong.

0.013 are you mad or something?

To go to 0.022 - 0.025 again?

This possible only in dreams.

Do not underesteemed Litecoin with Lighting Network it will hit ATH..Realisticaly no lower than 0.016..0.015 is a luck allready.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 02:43:34 PM

0.013 are you mad or something?

To go to 0.022 - 0.025 again?

This possible only in dreams.

Do not underesteemed Litecoin with Lighting Network it will hit ATH..Realisticaly no lower than 0.016..0.015 is a luck allready.

Yes, the 0.013 dip was triggered by the panic selling people on Poloniex as they say the site constantly going down for mainteinance due the DDOS attacks and people selling their margins, but don't understimate the psychological factor of technical analysis. What I mean by this is, a lot of people is now expecting a 0.013-0.014 retest only because we tested it already.
Zegra

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:52:58 PM

Looks to me Litecoin is just following Bitcoins moves now. If Bitcoin takes a dip so does Litecoin. They rise together too. Guess the LTC/BTC rate on the exchanges is what decides its value now. For LTC to make rises on its own, there has to be a reason for its value to rise over the BTC (news or so). BTC looks like it's back on an upwards trend, and so does Litecoin again probably.
dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 09:26:07 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 12:22:53 AM by dennyd999

Oh man cmon if you was not able to buy cheap its not the reason not to buy at all.

I am almost sure LTC is a future for payments. Everyday payments.
I allready bought some and will "forget" for long time about it. In some years it will cost a lot more than 30$.

Coinbase,Segwit is only begining.

Next to come Lighting Network! Buy before it hits ATH.

After it RSK - smartcontracts

Than MAST..than confidential transaction.

Can you belive it??? Segwit and all other future will make Litecoin in top of all available coins..Smiley) you just not realised it potential. Do not be foolled by whalles of the price.

All yammies,all the best for Bitcoin will be on Litecoin.

30 is reaaly cheap now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: