Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:16:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Assuming BFL will deliver as promised - was on Bitmit: Butterfly Labs Mini Rig  (Read 8774 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:32:38 AM

Someone copies the picture from the website and posts they have a unit being delivered then gets paid 200+ bitcoins and tells them to wait for 4 more month?

How do you know they have an order?
How do you know they will deliver it.

They could just move.

Jesus Christ!

There is so much low hanging fruit in these forums that the OP probably had 30 messages in his inbox promising to send BTC.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:37:17 AM

Someone copies the picture from the website and posts they have a unit being delivered then gets paid 200+ bitcoins and tells them to wait for 4 more month?

How do you know they have an order?
How do you know they will deliver it.

They could just move.

Jesus Christ!

There is so much low hanging fruit in these forums that the OP probably had 30 messages in his inbox promising to send BTC.
Alright, who's going to post their next imaginary MiniRig?

Anyone? Post a link! hehe...
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:40:40 AM

Could be josh's sock puppet. lolz

Can't believe how stupid people are.
cycloid

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 05:03:26 AM

Its an escrow purchase I have not send full funds until I confirm the order number and merge it with my existent bfl order from early sept. All i have to do have a conference call with BFL customer support confirm it was transferred and then i will release the escrow and take over the order Smiley

MooC Tals

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:20:58 AM

Its an escrow purchase I have not send full funds until I confirm the order number and merge it with my existent bfl order from early sept. All i have to do have a conference call with BFL customer support confirm it was transferred and then i will release the escrow and take over the order Smiley

Who's escrowing this?
cycloid

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:10:46 AM

Bitmint

I just recieved this email from bitmint as well :

"Dear Alex,

I fully understand that you want to get sure when it comes to such a large amount of money.

You can be sure that the seller has NO access to the funds in escrow at this time.

He only gets access when you

- Set the order status to received
- Give him a positive feedback WITH checked "Release money" checkbox
- He requests an escrow release AND you click "ACCEPT" or do not click "Deny" within 14 days

However, I added a second security layer for this transaction:

We locked his wallet so he cannot withdraw the money of your purchase. This protects you when you have released the money by mistake which is very unlikely.

To conclude, there is no way for the seller to access your funds until we get your okay.

I am not aware of the process how BFL manages pre order sales! Please really make sure that you get access to the pre order delivery or will you release the money once you have received the product?

Best regards

Joachim"

Gotta say I am very happy with their support staff and will be sure to share how  this transaction goes in here.

cycloid

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:12:51 AM

Also got the replay from sender and will be contacting BFL tomorrow to verify legitimacy of this order number :

" Order #8210 (placed on September 15, 2012  9:44:15 AM CDT)"

I have been given an option to pick it up in person from Chicago and frankly for the amount I am paying I don't mind flying there to get it same day Smiley

cycloid

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:46:14 PM

SCAM!!!

Ok so this morning I called BFL to verify the order number 8210 and it is not a MINIRIG nor is it ordered under the name that was provided to me in the below email from the seller:
Dear JONN HART 
Thank you for your order from Butterfly Labs - Bitcoin Mining Hardware. Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at office@butterflylabs.com or call us at  913-271-6744  Monday-Friday, 8am -5pm PST.
Your order confirmation is below. Thank you again for your business.

Your Order #8210 (placed on September 15, 2012  9:44:15 AM CDT)

Thank you,
Brian

On Wed, Sep15, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Jonn Hart <jonnhart1@outlook.com> wrote:

Hello
Can you confirm my order N8210 from date 15.09.2012. on the name of Mr.Jonn Hart  ,i need to know when you will ship it ?

Best regards
Mr.Jonn Hart

It got a bad feeling from the moment I got the first email from the guy :
Hi,Alex I just send you an email with my confirmation from BFL.
As i am deaf-mute will be nice ,if we share information here or by email.If you need some more information i am ready to help you !
Thank you Jonn

I asked him about my finding at BFL to which he replayed :
Alex Alexandrov <aaa.dnb@gmail.com>

12:34 PM (1 hour ago)

to jonn
Hi John,

I called butterfly labs and order number 8210 is not a mini rig and it is not an order made under name John.

Please explain.

Thank you.

Bitmint temporarily froze you account until we resolve this misunderstanding.
jonn hart

12:50 PM (53 minutes ago)

to me
Hi Alex,

I dont know what you have checked but there is a mistake. And my name is Jonn not John. If you dont want to deal with me, please dont waste my time.

Best regards
Jonn

very strange replay...then BAM the order even though only 263.5298BTC was send out of 314.6853BTC is now set to SHIPPED Huh

I contacted support as this a clear scam.

Thank goodness for Escrow service !

Had to share my experience ... will update as I get my 263.5298BTC back

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:54:39 PM

Hope you get back that money, you put a lot of trust in Bitmit... Check the "about the seller", they don't even have ID verification (I know it could be easily faked, but still..)

EDIT: and yeah, the OP is the seller and a scammer for sure. Looks at the ridiculous claims he does to bump the thread, "if I were you I would buy for sure!", etc... And:

"Escrow: Yes" means Bitmit will hold the amount as long the buyer got the Mini Rig 

Like giving legitimacy to the scam... Unfortunately these forums are full of jokers.

cycloid

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:01:46 PM

Hope you get back that money, you put a lot of trust in Bitmit... Check the "about the seller", they don't even have ID verification (I know it could be easily faked, but still..)

EDIT: and yeah, the OP is the seller and a scammer for sure. Looks at the ridiculous claims he does to bump the thread, "if I were you I would buy for sure!", etc... And:

"Escrow: Yes" means Bitmit will hold the amount as long the buyer got the Mini Rig 

Like giving legitimacy to the scam... Unfortunately these forums are full of jokers.

Thankfully my money is in Bitmit escrow and I wrote their support an email last night asking them to take extra security measures since it is a large amount. which they confirmed.

MooC Tals

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:12:24 PM

Thankfully my money is in Bitmit escrow and I wrote their support an email last night asking them to take extra security measures since it is a large amount. which they confirmed.

I'm old fashion I never buy sex online....
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:14:07 PM

Didn't the coins just move a few hours ago? https://blockchain.info/address/1FewiZcpb9PhzVWdLgqiaWzHsv2xaG2dE

Hope is Bitmit holding them and you get a refund ASAP

cycloid

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:16:27 PM

I'm old fashion I never buy sex online....

Lol thanks  Cheesy

cycloid

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:19:08 PM

Didn't the coins just move a few hours ago? https://blockchain.info/address/1FewiZcpb9PhzVWdLgqiaWzHsv2xaG2dE

This is the email I got from Bitmit support last night when I asked for extra layer of security added:
Bitmit wrote on 2013-04-30, 12:57 am
Your Mail
Dear Alex,

I fully understand that you want to get sure when it comes to such a large amount of money.

You can be sure that the seller has NO access to the funds in escrow at this time.

He only gets access when you

- Set the order status to received
- Give him a positive feedback WITH checked "Release money" checkbox
- He requests an escrow release AND you click "ACCEPT" or do not click "Deny" within 14 days

However, I added a second security layer for this transaction:

We locked his wallet so he cannot withdraw the money of your purchase. This protects you when you have released the money by mistake which is very unlikely.

To conclude, there is no way for the seller to access your funds until we get your okay.

I am not aware of the process how BFL manages pre order sales! Please really make sure that you get access to the pre order delivery or will you release the money once you have received the product?

Best regards

Joachim

cycloid

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:27:36 PM

ok so this is gettin almost amusing as the seller after being confronted here :

Alex Alexandrov <aaa.dnb@gmail.com>

1:57 PM (28 minutes ago)

to jonn
just spoke with butterfly labs and they confirm the order 8210 was never paid for they jsut double checked all their records and you are A SCAMMER

How can you live with yourself?

Trying to send me a TROJAN !wow
jonn hart

2:21 PM (5 minutes ago)

to me
How did you double checked? Butterfly labs said that to you just to make you buy from them. When i ordered 1.500 miner i received a software for following the speed (hashesh) when i receive the miner. It is only for 1.500 gh/s miner because it have special system you can see it your self - a screen. This is what was explained to me. Here is what i receive from them.

https://www.dropbox.com/..(edited to avoid form ppl accidentally clicking)../MiniRig1500-hash%20control.exe
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:57:48 -0700

MooC Tals

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:28:39 PM

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Well, and the english used by "jonn hart" is incredibly similar to the OP, hope he gets a scammer tag ASAP

cycloid

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:41:34 PM

Well, and the english used by "jonn hart" is incredibly similar to the OP, hope he gets a scammer tag ASAP

I agree +1000

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:42:56 PM

I agree +1000

You can open a post in the Scam accusation subforum for the mods to apply it. It's obvious he is the scammer.

cycloid

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:43:25 PM

MOST IMPORTANTLY is how Bitmit will behave now, if they refund me as it was escrow then they are a very trust worthy company and if not I dont think anyone should really use that site.

Waiting with impatience no response from their support so far 3 emails sent.

here is my bitcoin address so everyone can see if I get refunded

1MzxdPkVbRs3tyMLqwJWXho35gJYofyv1P

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: