Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:37:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Factom still not on Coinbase?  (Read 1320 times)
OptimusPrime007 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:26:58 PM

I wonder a coin of Factom's stature is still not on Coinbase; WHY?
If we see the potential of this coin it could definitely be rated as the second best coin after BTC. This is not because I might be holding few. I don't usually trade or invest in crap alt coins.
I wish we could make a request to Coinbase to add such a precious coin. I am sure they will get more customers too because of FCT. It could be a win win situation for Coinbase as well as Factom.

Any thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:02:04 PM

another 20 coins could say the same thing. it would have to reach the top and stay there for months for them to think it over. they don't throw their backing behind something unless it's a no brainer. factom looks like just another alt to me.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 02:25:13 PM

They currently have Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin, those coins all have a decent marketcap and trading volume.
In comparison, Factom isn't even in the top 20 on Coinmarketcap, that should answer your question.

Check it out for yourself:
http://coinmarketcap.com/
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/factom/

OptimusPrime007 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:09:13 PM

They currently have Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin, those coins all have a decent marketcap and trading volume.
In comparison, Factom isn't even in the top 20 on Coinmarketcap, that should answer your question.

Check it out for yourself:
http://coinmarketcap.com/
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/factom/

It really doesn't matter at what position the coin is. They have working products and clients like Governments and Gates. They have also been awarded by DHS for further research which is an old news.
Considering coinmarketcap.com; the ranking is influenced mostly by trading and wonder what formula they use to rank these coins. I am seeing couple of useless altcoins in top 20 which eventually will die.

Let's see...
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:15:25 PM

coinbase is earning money from being a place where people trade cryptocurrencies. so obviosuly they are looking for coins that have the biggest volume in trading to earn the highest amount possible from these coins.

also there are some regulation rules involved which means they are a bit hard on what they add to their platform, it is not like other exchanges that easily list anything no matter what they are.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:35:25 PM

I don't think Coinbase will be adding that coin anytime soon as they are quite particular about what they add.  It has taken this long for litecoin to appear so I would be surprised if we saw another coin added to Coinbase this year.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:36:48 PM

I wonder a coin of Factom's stature is still not on Coinbase; WHY?
If we see the potential of this coin it could definitely be rated as the second best coin after BTC. This is not because I might be holding few. I don't usually trade or invest in crap alt coins.
I wish we could make a request to Coinbase to add such a precious coin. I am sure they will get more customers too because of FCT. It could be a win win situation for Coinbase as well as Factom.

Any thoughts?
Coinbase is a financial company. They took on Etherium mostly because of smart contracts. They JUST added Litecoin. Litecoin has proven it's staying power, has always been considered the silver to Bitcoins gold and with segwit and the upcoming LN they've positioned themselves to be the microtransaction coin to bitcoins store of value. What exactly does Factom provide that would make you think Coinbase would even consider them given the sort of criteria they've used for those 3?

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:04:08 PM

BTC, LTC and ETH are already there, others are just marginal small time coins.
CrackDown

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Never too old to learn

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:50:37 PM

if factom is not there yet, its mean the coin is not strong enough or the market cap and distribution of the coi  is still not enough..
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 11:15:20 PM

I don't think that Coinbase may add Factom soon. So far they added only Litecoin and Ethereum which are most popular altcoins. Factom is still not very well known coin, their trading volume isn't huge and there are enough more popular coins which may be added before Factom. If Factom would become one of the top coins and keep their stable positions for long, then maybe Coinbase would consider to add this coin.

prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:07:01 PM

In fact coinbase have so many condition to be fulfill before adding a altcon. And for most of the coin as they find it hard to fulfill these condition and rules regulation. I think Factom is yet to get established in the manner it will be satisfying all the norms of coinbase, then they will definitely will consider adding it.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:50:59 PM

BTC, LTC and ETH are already there, others are just marginal small time coins.
I assume they are adding altcon on the bases of their volume, if the volume is good enough like the volume of Etherium, LTC and BTC they they are going to add, but I think the Factom do not have such a good volume and therefore they are nog going to add them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: