Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:12:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What percentage of global population are using or have at least 1 satoshi?  (Read 2196 times)
donbu7 (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:28:12 PM

I wonder as of today how big or small is the penetration of BTC among the global population, in order to realise how much can the price of BTC can grow as more people is using it.

Does anyone know how many people or a % of the global population is using BTC???

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:58:29 PM

It is pretty impossible to tell the exact number. But I don't think it is any more than 1% (70 millions) of the world's population.
So, you don't need to worry, Bitcoin has much to climb as it is just a starting. Wink
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:19:55 PM

I would agree that it's a very small percentage. Definitely less than 1%, especially considering how many people live in poverty.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:33:06 PM

In my view, the percentage of population using or own at least a single Satoshi is very low. The reason is that bitcoin is becoming more popular than the past as well spreading has been increasing. In future when more Countries adopt bitcoin same as Japan more people will own it.

pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:38:52 PM

I would say that even 1% is an overestimate. Think of China and India, which together account for over a third of the world's population. Penetration among the common masses is marginal at best.

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:39:26 PM

It is pretty impossible to tell the exact number. But I don't think it is any more than 1% (70 millions) of the world's population.
So, you don't need to worry, Bitcoin has much to climb as it is just a starting. Wink
One cannot really tell how many of the world population are using satoshi and the rate of the world population. But I think significantly, many people are becoming aware of bitcoin day by day and it may interest you to know that most of the Asian and African are using bitcoin today.
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:53:17 PM

I would say that even 1% is an overestimate. Think of China and India, which together account for over a third of the world's population. Penetration among the common masses is marginal at best.
We are not even close to 0.01%

If you count all online wallet Bitcoin created (blockchain.info (12 millions) and similar services) and double the number (to reflect software wallets) you will get no more than 50 million.
And IMO it is totally exaggerated number of users. Due to decentralized and p2p nature of bitcoin is is inanely hard to pinpoint real number of BTC users.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:11:27 PM

I wonder as of today how big or small is the penetration of BTC among the global population, in order to realise how much can the price of BTC can grow as more people is using it.

Does anyone know how many people or a % of the global population is using BTC???

We cannot tell since there is no registration of names of people that are using Bitcoin.  If we will use the wallets generated as reference, we will be in a huge discrepancy because a person can own 10 or more bitcoin wallet address.  So I think we can not precisely tell how many people are using bitcoin.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:49:03 PM

Probably less than 1% of world using bitcoin. Looking at the people using bitcoin and population of world, 1% is also seemingly high.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:07:42 PM

Use common sense, how many members this forum has? if you are into Bitcoin and never came here at least once and didn't have anything to say and express your opinion then you are idiot or just indifferent.
I wouldn't go with crazy numbers such as 50M or 100M but rather 5M is more realistic.

However none of it matters as long as we have 3TX/s and nothing will change not until LTC reaches $1000.
They think people are stupid and can't see how they are holding Bitcoin's development back in order to push litecoin price up to sell their millions of coins currently sitting in their wallets.

iamnotback was right about this as he said many times that Bitcoin wont scale.

🖤😏
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:54:14 AM

It is getting better, the are more people using bitcoin now, but to do exact calculation it is not possible because most of the users are hidden and most of them using multiple wallets, but I think the users is still little, I think it's not more than 3%

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:40:54 AM

Though Bitcoin has make inward road into some market, India, Venezuela and some Africa countries, but the percentage is still less than 0.5%. My concern is just the rising transaction delays and fees this need to be resolved
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:01:59 AM

There are two hurdles most people have to go through usually to start using Bitcoin. One is the technological hurdle of actually having a device, learning how it works and actually purchasing/transfering Bitcoins. The other hurdle is the undoing of the mass media ideas on the general populace. Sure, us savvy technogeeks know that Fiat currency is destroying the world, but do the people in poverty who are most being affected by it? Nope.

Their governments are keeping their minds busy with cheap labor and food rations - and they are doing this with Fiat paper money. These people have no time to think about anything else. The entire point is/was to keep us unaware and uninformed as a populace. Hell.....we have thousands of pyramids underwater all over the world and UFO technology being kept away from us.

So we have a long way to go before the whole world knows about and uses Bitcoin. Hold on tight fellas.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:24:56 AM

there was a chart showing a possible realistic estimate of the value if bitcoin was used by a certain % of population, and the majority would choose bitcoin, the value would be already in the $100k range

Probably less than 1% of world using bitcoin. Looking at the people using bitcoin and population of world, 1% is also seemingly high.

1%? no way, 1% is a lot, is 1/ of 7B, which is 70M people, i highly doubt that even 10M are using bitcoin let alone 70M, the value would be much higher if that was the case
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:02:39 AM

there was a chart showing a possible realistic estimate of the value if bitcoin was used by a certain % of population, and the majority would choose bitcoin, the value would be already in the $100k range

1%? no way, 1% is a lot, is 1/ of 7B, which is 70M people, i highly doubt that even 10M are using bitcoin let alone 70M, the value would be much higher if that was the case

The chart is interesting.  I don't know anyone else who owns Bitcoin, I knew one guy, a bioinformatisist, who bought 1 bitcoin a few years ago, but he left the company so I don't know if he still holds, or sold for profit.

If 65mil is right, then 0.1% or 1 in 1000 people use Bitcoin. Where are they using them? In Germany it is difficult to spend them anywhere. I would also expect that some younger savers would be looking to get into Bitcoin, but again, I hear nothing.

At Christmas I explained to my Dad that I have Bitcoin, he had no idea what it was, how much it was worth, or what it is for!  It would be good to get some real information out there to people. I think in Switzerland it must be better explained if you can pay on the trains with Bitcoin, otherwise no one would know how to do it!
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:23:23 AM

Now that puts everything in perspective doesnt it. Bitcoin isnt in as widespread use as its hyped to be but we see most members in the forum think that its already like the coming of something very big. Ask any normal person on the street what BTC is and youll get a funny look.
karmaho

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:10:39 AM

i think it is around 2-3 percent of the worlds population. that makes the user base around 210million
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:15:54 AM

It's impossible to know for sure, friend. Knowing from the number of wallets? That's impossible because one person can have lots of wallet. I think the population of people using bitcoin is still small, probably not more than 20%. Seeing bitcoin is new and not yet 10 years old so still needs adjustment and takes time for people to start using it. But I'm sure that the percentage of the population of people who use bitcoin every year continues to grow, this can be seen from many countries that accept bitcoin and the increasing number of bitcoin adoption. For a certain percentage or number of bitcoin users in the world it maybe difficult to know.
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:05:37 PM

I was saying in the other thread, that I think the population of bitcoin users is about 0,1%, which makes it 1 in a 1000 people in the world and 7 milion people in general.

That number is misleading because I think that in highly developed countries, with people having amassed wealth, the number of users may vary from 1% to even 5 %.

Why Im coming up with the 5% number? Because 5% is a number of statistical importancy that the buisness owners must take into account such a number of costumers, and in some countries bitcoin costumers are kind of important.

In city where I live I would estimate that there are 0.5% of bitcoin users. In London or San Francisco I would say the number is close to 5%.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:43:00 PM

I joined to bitcoin world a year ago and that time all sources that I was reading showed that 15 of people use bitcoin. I think now this number is much higher, cause of bitcoin became very popular since that time. Bitcoin's popularity is growing fast, together with it's price. I suppose the number of people who use bitcoin is hard to be counted, cause of it's growing day by day. But I suppose today it's something like 5%.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: