Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:21:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking: Ripple to decentralize XRP more then Bitcoin & also do it much Better  (Read 8395 times)
f0rmdeep (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:32:00 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 06:32:33 PM by f0rmdeep

A few weeks back i posted the then latest information about XRP Lockup coming. I think by this time, various sources has confirmed that to be true and while we are still wait for it in June End, Ripple has just dropped a bigger bomb today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ripple says it is going to Decentralize RCL wider and further then bitcoin. It will also avoid pitfalls in decentralization that can lead to problems like market-cornering etc ( Chinese Miners issue in Bitcoin )

Here is the official Report : https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/

Summary : in the next 12 to 18 months, Ripple will start allowing Major Universities, Colleges, Law firms, Partner Banks and Institutions, Central Banks, Government Offices and then General Public like you and me to run validators. They call it responsible decentralization where your XRP investments are better protected, as no particular group can corner the market and hold guns.

What will this achieve :

1.) Ripple RCL will be worlds most Decentralized platform. Unlike Bitcoin validators are not just run by the anarchists. Validators are run by "Everybody". You, me, governments, hospitals, banks, institutes ( All inclusive ).
2.) That way no single party can detriment and harm the network.
3.) Network literally becomes secured by entire Humanity.
4.) Destroys any ability of groups the largest pools working together and conjuring a 51% attack and there by reverse transactions.

but the biggest takeaway. This means no body , not even government or mafia can stop you from transacting on RCL.

yes Ripple is relinquishing control of RCL, but it is making sure no one else can grab it. A responsible decentralization that SAFEGUARDS YOU the investor/user who transacts in XRP on  RCL.

if you or your organization is interested in applying to run a validator, please find all the details required here : https://ripple.com/technical-faq-ripple-consensus-ledger/

Very Impressed with Ripple. I can see the true Humanity Owned Public Payment network, taking shape in next few years. You can have your wallet, have your XRP, and pay anybody you like, get paid by anybody you like. Nothing, no government, not Chinese mining mafia, not some other group.... absolutely nothing can stop it from happening or reserve it.

Kudos Ripple for coming clean and surpassing every expectation ! proof is in the pudding , trolls can die !

F0RMDEEP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1ofthemany

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:05:58 PM

Ripple isn't here to screw around. Big boy league stuff.
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:20:29 PM

🔥 🔥 🔥
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:39:05 PM

Time to gather some more ripple while it's low.
danconia

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:40:24 PM

Talk is cheap. I'll believe it when I see it. Didn't these guys pre-mine 60% of the XRP in existence? Maybe the podcast episode I listened to was out of date...
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:45:04 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 09:07:26 PM by f0rmdeep

Talk is cheap. I'll believe it when I see it. Didn't these guys pre-mine 60% of the XRP in existence? Maybe the podcast episode I listened to was out of date...

Ripple does not have the concept of Mining at all, As they never believed in burning tons of electricity in the name of mining. Different philosophy.
You can not create a single new ripple. Supply can only decrease.. .what are you talking about ?

here let me summarize for ya :

1.) you can "never" mine a "single" ripple. Its fixed and there is NO concept of mining.
2.) The Supply *ONLY* decreases and cannot increase.

and now with thorough decentralization,  Nor Ripple neither anybody else can control the RCL. It will be truely Human Property.

I don't think if it was talk, they would have the market cap they have today. they have never failed to keep made promises their entire track record...

So, its only Talk like your comment, that is Cheap. As it is not backed up .. like yours... until you prove otherwise.

Also please note there are sects of Mining group who hate Ripple because they cannot mine it, form groups, nor control and corner markets... and end up running misinformation campaigns - perhaps that is what gave you the wrong impressions.

Ripple is the only company that is liable, registered, regulated and licensed. they never have done cheap talk.

f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:55:19 PM

and this  !

https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/

Xi195

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:01:52 PM

Talk is cheap. I'll believe it when I see it.
I have a (literal) picture to help you see it. Microsoft, MIT and CGI are publicly announced Ripple validators. The fourth on the slide is Amazon who has not yet been announced. It has begun. Here's the original tweet: https://twitter.com/Ripple?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-dAFMzVoAAlzTq.jpg:large

Also, if crypto-currently cannot be mined it isn't accurate to describe it's supply as "pre-mined".
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:04:57 PM

Talk is cheap. I'll believe it when I see it.
I have a (literal) picture to help you see it. Microsoft, MIT and CGI are publicly announced Ripple validators. The fourth on the slide is Amazon who has not yet been announced. It has begun. Here's the original tweet: https://twitter.com/Ripple?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Also, if crypto-currently cannot be mined it isn't accurate to describe it's supply as "pre-mined".

there is no Mining involved and NO new currency can ever be created so you are right. btw i see forum does not allow you to add the picture, let me do that for ya .. here we go..

vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:40:55 PM

f0rmdeep, you are good man, thank you for the good news you bring. As of all these trolls, the best way to let troll die, is: Ignore it, keep posting real news.
CoolManLuke

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:49:25 PM

f0rmdeep, you are good man, thank you for the good news you bring. As of all these trolls, the best way to let troll die, is: Ignore it, keep posting real news.

I agree. f0rmdeep, you are the man. I've been on this website for about 2 months & decided to make an account cause of you! Keep on doing you  Grin
vlad06

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:14:03 PM

Get ready for the Ripple Epic Monster Moon Show.
maiiyeuvo

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:01:08 PM

Ripple going to 10$ EZ with the upcoming news about lock/burn rest of the coins

f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:54:54 PM

I agree. f0rmdeep, you are the man. I've been on this website for about 2 months & decided to make an account cause of you! Keep on doing you  Grin

very kind.. thank you.
randomdude

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:31:01 AM

Jesus Christ. I'll paste it here:

Ripple is not a cryptocurrency. It is an electronic token, issued by a company: Ripple Labs, Inc. This private company can do whatever it wants with the coin. They can create tokens from thin air if they want.

Ripple is alive because of the huge lobbying efforts towards banks and other financial institutions that are afraid of the disruptive threat of the crypto world and want to buy a share in the game. The wrong share.

Ripple is not open-source. No server source code has ever being released, with the paid developers behind Ripple admitting that it is to prevent others from building something better than Ripple. You cannot contribute to Ripple's code, because it is not open source. Every single Ripple node is controlled by a private for-profit company.

It is centralized, like a bank or PayPal. Not a decentralized currency. Ripple pre-mined 100 billion Ripple coins for themselves and didn't allow others to mine during this time or even tell people it was happening.

Every cryptocurrency is subject to a 51% attack. In Bitcoin and similar cryptocurrencies, miners control the network, and if a miner gains 51% of the total network power, then they can choose to double spend transactions. Some altcoins have tried trust nodes or central checkpointing, however that only moves the 51% attack vector from miners to another entity which can be 51% attacked. In Ripple, it is already 51% attacked by the 14 employees of OpenCoin, Inc. They control the server software (written in C++), and they can choose to double-spend transactions at will. While it's highly unlikely that they will do that, a centralized entity means a single target for law enforcement and court orders.

It is a large-scale scam.
phanner

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:21:39 AM

you should try thinking for yourself instead of using FUD copy pasta.

- the code doesn't have to be open source
- ripple has real interest
- big scary banks? learn how the world works
- get rekt
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:02:34 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 09:31:13 AM by f0rmdeep

Ripple is not a cryptocurrency. It is an electronic token, issued by a company: Ripple Labs, Inc. This private company can do whatever it wants with the coin. They can create tokens from thin air if they want.

ANSWER : LOL, we are fine with a token using same cryptographic algorithms, but not needing a fancy mining burning tons of Energy. Each token is unique and more token can NEVER be created. this is enough for us.

Ripple is alive because of the huge lobbying efforts towards banks and other financial institutions that are afraid of the disruptive threat of the crypto world and want to buy a share in the game. The wrong share.

ANSWER : You mean Google, Santander, SBI Group and all the other banks of the world which is actually what runs EVERYDAY REAL LIFE ? thanks for remaining, we could not be more happy.
Oh let me remain central banks too, and Oh oh allow me, governments too. You basically mean the whole world other then your basement friends right ? LMAO

Ripple is not open-source. No server source code has ever being released, with the paid developers behind Ripple admitting that it is to prevent others from building something better than Ripple. You cannot contribute to Ripple's code, because it is not open source. Every single Ripple node is controlled by a private for-profit company.

ANSWER : Here : https://github.com/ripple/rippled/ So and fork all you want. Network is not all about code, anyone is free to Fork ripple, but good luck trying to get SO MANY organizations to trust your network.

It is centralized, like a bank or PayPal. Not a decentralized currency. Ripple pre-mined 100 billion Ripple coins for themselves and didn't allow others to mine during this time or even tell people it was happening.

Premined with fixed supply - Thanks for that- So new currency cannot be created. Supply is guaranteed. And Held by a Registered, Licensed and liable company, not some basement scam who can take off and run away overnight. So Suit yourself. Not interested in your FUD.

Every cryptocurrency is subject to a 51% attack. In Bitcoin and similar cryptocurrencies, miners control the network, and if a miner gains 51% of the total network power, then they can choose to double spend transactions. Some altcoins have tried trust nodes or central checkpointing, however that only moves the 51% attack vector from miners to another entity which can be 51% attacked. In Ripple, it is already 51% attacked by the 14 employees of OpenCoin, Inc. They control the server software (written in C++), and they can choose to double-spend transactions at will. While it's highly unlikely that they will do that, a centralized entity means a single target for law enforcement and court orders.

ANSWER: SERIOUS ? go to school ? understand maths ? read the link once again and understand how to solve it. Ripple i Solving as we speak, while you are spreading crap. How much did you get paid ? which trolling group ? from china ?

Link :

It is a large-scale scam.

ANSWER : YOU are a large scam... and your trolling group whoever PAID you to come here and type a bunch of crap, without any proof.

as for ripple, It is A registered company, licensed to operate, recognized by Government, Law and SEC, Liable and Responsible to not cheat anyone, and if they did anything bad, We can just pay 500 dollars to a laywer, open a case and I can SUE THEM,

unfortunately i cannot say the same with many of your shady onion network coins and bitcoin. Have you succeeded suing MtGox yet ?

So lets see, basement dweller .... You are the real scam, Not ripple. and your phony masters afraid of being phased out. or what ever else who knows.

Be Ashamed and go away
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:03:14 AM

you should try thinking for yourself instead of using FUD copy pasta.

- the code doesn't have to be open source
- ripple has real interest
- big scary banks? learn how the world works
- get rekt

Oh ignore trolls like that my friend. Their misinformation campaign has backfired and lost. now everytime someone sees them, they are like "Oh more opposition and more fear- that means ripple shoudl be doing something MORE AWESOME" :-) and they go and buy a few more...

as for as these Trolls.. its actually fun and entertainment at most if anything.

they keep coming form the rat hole, and we keep pasting real news, real information and spreading more light. Base and case gets more stronger...
BisonPoint

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:12:23 AM

I've read the article;
although idea sounds good,
I see it more as desperate act to save dead currency.

Main problem with ripple is that people lost trust in it,
and once that happens, game is usually over.

Better idea, I think, for them would be to start
rebuilding their image in community, and find the
way to be more transparent.
begginer

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:16:32 AM

Wow, this is amazing news. Hopefully it will go up. I am holding XRP.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: