Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:55:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: time to admit its not "spam" , blocks are full  (Read 1057 times)
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:10:29 PM

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-count?timespan=1week

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Qartada

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 06:07:11 PM

Actually a different point for people to consider:  it's completely irrelevant.

Whether blocks are full or just packed with spam transactions doesn't matter because the effect on users is the same - it results in fees rising and some transactions failing to confirm because the network can't handle all of them.  As much as we'd like to think people can't keep up spam forever, the reality is that they can and, with a different face, it might happen forever.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:42:00 PM

If segwit was activated we wouldn't have this problem because there would be enough space, even tho anyone with enough money could fill the blocks too.

Ultimately there is always a possibility to fill the blocks unless the blocksize is stupidly big. So yeah blame miners for not activating segwit, until then pay the fee.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:52:16 PM

https://blockchain.info/address/3QQB6AWxaga6wTs6Xwq8FYppgrGinGu15f

Yeah.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ight.

This is so legit my ovaries are aching.

I'd better get on the Wu Batphone if I want anything to go through I suppose.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:53:36 PM

I don´t know if there is spam but it´s true that the level of adoption is growing and with the boom in Japan and with the rise in price of Bitcoin is normal to have more transactions, I think it would be good to find a solution soon, I think it will end up activating segwit and will be done sooner rather than later.
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:10:18 PM

I don´t know if there is spam but it´s true that the level of adoption is growing and with the boom in Japan and with the rise in price of Bitcoin is normal to have more transactions, I think it would be good to find a solution soon, I think it will end up activating segwit and will be done sooner rather than later.

segwit is not even getting half the miner support as BU right now www.coin.dance

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:23:47 PM

Appealing to users here is pointless. Go beg your pool operator overlords to fix it.

Only full mining nodes matter. There are like what, 20-30 of those? Should have no trouble convincing them to collude in their your best interests.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
btcforall777

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:35:48 PM

This is not gong to help Bitcoin get past the $2000 mark! This needs to get handled asap before we all regret it.
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:11:35 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 11:18:01 PM by jonald_fyookball

Appealing to users here is pointless.

true.  but every little bit helps!  Smiley

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:13:41 PM

This is not gong to help Bitcoin get past the $2000 mark! This needs to get handled asap before we all regret it.
The contrary is more within reason, this indeed will help Bitcoin to become a growth of value over time currency, we can expect fees over $5 and people only transacting amounts higher than $1000 as the smallest transaction and for microtransactions under $1000 we could go and use LTC as this is obviously the plan.

US in UN uses veto and they say it's a democracy system, miners not activating any thing whatsoever and they say miners don't have any power.

🖤😏
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:16:30 PM

I created exactly the same topic about a year ago. It's much worse now, with rising fees, more and more delays, some transactions failing to confirm, and some risk of a hard fork. What's truly amazing, is that BTC's price keeps on rising.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
XbladeX
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:29:52 PM

The contrary is more within reason, this indeed will help Bitcoin to become a growth of value over time currency, we can expect fees over $5 and people only transacting amounts higher than $1000 as the smallest transaction and for microtransactions under $1000 we could go and use LTC as this is obviously the plan.

Fo micro payments i would use ETH because LTC is 100% in China ASIC minig cartel,
ETH is faster on chain and have better volume than LTC so I don't see reason to switch to LTC over ETH even with lowest fee transaction is confirmed on chain faster than LTC mines blocks.
So for me ETH is far superior to Chinese LTC.
But for good sake I want use BTC via LN or other 2nd layer solution on BTC .
I don't give a shit to any "micro payment" altcoin.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Gens09

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:37:00 PM

yeah not a good one for a cryptocurrency but we can control the bitcoin price I guess it will still go up up to 3000$ this year the price is really sky rocketing it is going up really fast in just a few hours it can reach 2000$ this month.
LilibethSantos

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 10:40:52 PM

I created exactly the same topic about a year ago. It's much worse now, with rising fees, more and more delays, some transactions failing to confirm, and some risk of a hard fork. What's truly amazing, is that BTC's price keeps on rising.
Many of the new investors do not even care about technical or philosophical issues. This is why the current rise may very well be a bubble that will soon burst.

jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:44:22 PM

If Bitcoin found a scaling solution , we'd be at $5k easily. 

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:48:17 PM

Well, sad to see that it's reached this point, but if people are going to argue about it then fine, I'm not taking up a side because the arguments I have seen are repeated constantly and it's just autistic screeching for the most part.

I'll let the community sort this out because the mess that the two forks have caused isn't worth burning my time in. If they want Segwit or BU, fine, at this point the debating is just pissing me off since it's the same soundbites being repeated over and over.
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:51:37 PM

When a system is running at max capacity, it only takes a little demand/supply balance to push it over the edge. Despite the mempool, cough, transaction pool spikes; how often has this been beyond 1/4 a day? I mean, how often is the percentage of unconfirmed transactions beyond that of confirmed transaction capacity?

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6080

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:16:31 PM

Every person that has a legit transaction and is waiting more time as expected will be disappointed by Bitcoin. So for the long-term growth/adoption by the "masses" the situation is negative without doubt.

As greed usually blinds people from making rational and logic-based decisions, that doesn't mean that we could not have a crazy bubble with uber-full mempools, but it's dangerous: people would be more incentived to leave their coins at the exchanges, and a new Gox would be even more brutal than the 2014 catastrophe.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 01:38:28 AM

If segwit was activated we wouldn't have this problem because there would be enough space, even tho anyone with enough money could fill the blocks too.

Ultimately there is always a possibility to fill the blocks unless the blocksize is stupidly big. So yeah blame miners for not activating segwit, until then pay the fee.

activating segwit is meaningless..
the "extra space" for the cludgy 2merkle version of segwit is for users who move funds to new keypairs AFTER activation.. so that they can hang their asses the main block and have their feet spread out in another area. allowing more transactions to sit in the main area the first persons feet used to be in..

the issue is getting 46m outputs to switch over to segwit keypairs will cause a mega mempool fill event of people trying to move funds across.
the issue is malicious people will stay with native keys and fill the seats of the main block so even segwit users cant sit down. so never get to put their feet up out the way.

the solution is a 4mb single block where both native and segwit keypairs can all sitdown side by side all sharing the same area.. and then limiting what malicious things the native key users can do.

without sorting out the native key users.. segwit is an empty gesture, a hope..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:50:06 AM

gentlemand

Bwa ha, good one!

Holliday

Love your cynicism.  Really!  You're likely correct too.  Smiley

Yakamoto

Agree completely.  "autistic screeching", ha ha.  I am one of them.  Nor am I competent enough to know which of SW or BU (both?) would be best.

jonald_fyookball

Yep, $5000 would be my guess for Bitcoin if they would solve this scaling problem.  Stupid, greedy and power-hungry WANKERS holding up BTC is a terrible waste.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: