Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend BTC transfer fee  (Read 1856 times)
Mike Mayor (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:19:30 PM

Lately the blockchain is very cool congested. Let us make a list of low medium and high priority fees for BTC.
Lowest being the very lowest fee just above failure. The highest being the most you need at which point adding more makes little difference.

240 Satoshi/byte works well so far what figures are the rest of you seeing ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:22:03 PM

According to https://bitcoinfees.21.co/, it's 280 satoshi/byte.
If you don't mind when the transaction confirms, you can probably go down to about 160satoshi/byte to have it confirmed within about 12 hours.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8005

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:30:42 PM

I paid a fee of just over 162 sats/byte @ 17:54:45 today, there were ~150k unconfirmed txs at the time and it still confirmed in 11 minutes.

bankpower

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:01:20 PM

If you don't mind when the transaction confirms, you can probably go down to about 160satoshi/byte to have it confirmed within about 12 hours.

I didn't know this website, will add it to my Bitcoin bookmarks, thanks!
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:05:47 PM

Lately the blockchain is very cool congested. Let us make a list of low medium and high priority fees for BTC.
Lowest being the very lowest fee just above failure. The highest being the most you need at which point adding more makes little difference.

240 Satoshi/byte works well so far what figures are the rest of you seeing ?
It does. To I usually send my transactions with around 150-190 satoshi/byte to save a little fee and do not risk it being stuck. Using an accelerator also helps to get it confirmed soon.
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:47:10 AM

I pay a just a bit more than the recommended fee through Electrum wallet, I let the slider of the fee to the far right and yesterday I paid 328.33 satoshi/byte for sending about 0.10 btc. The transaction confirmed within 5 minutes. When you keep the slider fee to the far right in Electrum it will include a transaction fee that will put your transaction in the next mined block. Works really well for me this way although fees are higher than the recommended.
bankpower

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:53:44 AM

In your opinion is normal to pay 0.0007 for a small transaction? It happened to me and I didn't like it, too high imho
Smolko

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:35:28 AM

will the transfer fee rise?

╓╥ ,╦╣▌"       ,╔╗▄▄▄▓▓▓▒▄▄╦╗,       ╙╫▌╗  ╔,
        ╔█Hj╫╝`     ╓▄▓██▓╨▓█▓Ü█Ñ`║█▓███▓▄w     ╙╝▀H╙█H
     ,φ ╣M ╓╓╥w  ,╗▓███████Å╨╙╨█▀╙╨▓████████▄,  ╓╥w, ╙Ñ ╗
     ╫█  ╝╝╩╨` ,▄██████▌░╣Ñ    ▓M `▀▓█▒░╚▀▓███▓. "╙╝╝M  █▒
  ╔╗ ║M,╗▄╫▀" ╔▓█████▓╦╬▄█▄╦╦╦╗█▌╦▄▓████▄▄▓█████╗ ╙╝╫▄╗,╙M ╗m
  ╠█H  "╓╥   ╔▓█▓██M    ▓▀     ▓Ñ║████████████╨╩▓▄   ╥░"  ╔█M
   ▀M╓╬▓▀`   ╫ÑÑ ╟▌     ▓H     ▓Ñ╫█████████████▄╙▓H  `▀▓▄ ╟▀
j▓╗  ``╓╦   ]▓w╫▓▓▌╓╓╓╓╔█╦╓╓╓╓╓▓▄╓╫████████████▓╦▓H  :╗w``  ╔▓
 ╙▓N ╔▓▌"   "▓╨``╫█▌Ö░`╙█░````"█Ñ`````▓▌"▓█████╨"▓H   ╙▀▓╦ ╬▓╨
 ╗╦` ``╓▄M   ╫Ñ  ╚████▓▄█H     ▓M     ▓Ñ ,████▌ ╔▓`  j▄,`` `╔╦
 ╙▓▓. ╔█▌    ╙▓φ.]▓███████▄▄╗.,▓N....╔▓░.╟███▓`,╣M    ╣█U ╓▓▓╛
   ╙M Φ╨╔▓H   ╙▓▓╨╜████████▓╨╙╙█▀╙╙╙╙▓▓╨╙╜██▀╙╣█M   j▓╕╙▀ ╨╨`
 ╫▄╦,  :▓█`    `╝Φw╙╣▓████▌`   ▓M   ╔▓`  ╓▓M,▄▌`    `█▓   ╓╦▄M
  ╙▀▓▌.j▓` ╗U    `╝╫▄▓███▓▓▄╥╥╥█▄╥╥╔▓▄╥╥╬█▄╬▀`    ║▄ ╙▓ ╔╣▓▀"
    ╓,,   j█▌ ╓,    `╝▀██▓▄╫▓░`▓M,╫▓Ü╫██▓▀"`   ╓, ╣█m   ,,╓
    ╙▀██▄, ▓M ╫█N ╦,    `"╙╝▀▀▀▀▀▀▀Å╨""    ╔╗ ╔█▒ ╚▓ ╓▄▓█▀"
       `""    ╙█▒ ╣█U ║▄,             ╓▄H ╔█▌ ╫█M    ""`
       ╚╫▓█▓▄▄,"` ╙█▌ ║█▓            ,▓█M ▓█M "`╓╗▄▓█▓▌H
         ``"╙╙"    ╙╨  ╣█H     Φm    ╚█▌  ╨`    ╙╙╙"``
           '╩▀▓▓▓▀M     "   "Φ▓██ΦM   "    '╩▀▓▓▓▀╩
                ╓▄▄▓██▓M     ╔▀╩▀N     ╚▓██▓▓▄,
                """"`                     `""""
XinFin

Twitter LinkedIn
━━  Telegram  ━━
Youtube    Reddit
zupdawg

Activity: 672
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:56:56 AM

In your opinion is normal to pay 0.0007 for a small transaction? It happened to me and I didn't like it, too high imho

if its too high for you, you can try sending small amount of money using western union and compare it to how much you are paying in bitcoin and how fast it is. alternatively, you can still pay lower amount of transaction fees, tho your confirmation will take some time to get confirmed

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Mike Mayor (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:42:54 PM

Ok thank you this is the most helpful reply. So 160 min maybe 140 and 200 or so medium.

I pay a just a bit more than the recommended fee through Electrum wallet, I let the slider of the fee to the far right and yesterday I paid 328.33 satoshi/byte for sending about 0.10 btc. The transaction confirmed within 5 minutes. When you keep the slider fee to the far right in Electrum it will include a transaction fee that will put your transaction in the next mined block. Works really well for me this way although fees are higher than the recommended.

So we can say 300 max ? Ok good . My transactions just got cancelled but now I know how much to out. Although I was using indie wallet set to medium. I have set it to high now.

I paid a fee of just over 162 sats/byte @ 17:54:45 today, there were ~150k unconfirmed txs at the time and it still confirmed in 11 minutes.

That's pretty good. The one sent to me was 140 and took just over an hour. Thanks for the reply.

How small of a transaction ? It's not really worth making small ones anymore.

sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:57:10 AM

When I spent my bitcoins if the time is not primarily my concern and I check the above site I don't follow the recommended fees option but always I look at the second from the right column with the label 'delay' and I choose the last one before the interval ends with the word 'infinity', e.g '5 - inf'. If you check the explanations you will see that is a 90% confidence internal based in the last 3 hours of blockchain data. Till now all of my transactions have been confirmed in a reasonable time and fees about 2/3 of the recommended ones.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 09:45:44 AM

I have less frequent high valued transactions so I usually go for the fees recommended by my wallet service provider (yes, I am using blockchain.info as web wallet) and even if sometimes the fees is little bit costly than that of average fees, I pay it as I don't want my transaction to get stuck in unconfirmed transaction backlog (like everyone). However one can go with (https://bitcoinfees.21.co) to find out recommended transaction fee for the real-time network traffic.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 10:29:32 AM

Ok thank you this is the most helpful reply. So 160 min maybe 140 and 200 or so medium.

So we can say 300 max ? Ok good . My transactions just got cancelled but now I know how much to out. Although I was using indie wallet set to medium. I have set it to high now.

That's pretty good. The one sent to me was 140 and took just over an hour. Thanks for the reply.

Some small transactions of mine with ~ 120 sat/B took over 16 hours to confirm, so it is possible, but not feasible for something that needs to be confirmed quick.

Side question, how is (((Bitcoin))) going to fix all these unconfirmed transactions? With bitcoin becoming more mainstream, i don't see this problem disappearing, more likely, this is going to stay if the core team doesn't take any actions..

Is segwit the solution? Or?

lovewiki

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

Share Love

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 02:28:41 PM

I usually pay around 200 Satoshi/byte for normal transactions that I do not need very fast confirmation speed.

But for more urgent transactions, I usually pay more than that, and something like 300-500 Satoshi/byte works for me.

Register for FREE Bitcoin!
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:55:03 PM

I usually pay around 200 Satoshi/byte for normal transactions that I do not need very fast confirmation speed.

But for more urgent transactions, I usually pay more than that, and something like 300-500 Satoshi/byte works for me.
500 satoshi too high for me what op suggested should be ok for me. My transactions has been left unconfirmed for some days now because of this low fees issue. Am suggesting at list something around 400satoshi.
ciobanuionut1982

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:30:31 PM

what allet have less fee ?
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 10:29:57 PM

Because its some luck factor there. U can give ANY fee that is not ridicolously low and it will confirm in 10 minutes or in 10 hours u never know.
bankpower

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:25:49 AM

A couple of dollars, yeah I know but what would you suggest? Not much to do at this stage
crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:41:19 AM

i have been paying a BTC transfer fee of 0.0004 btc and all transactions get confirmed within a 2hours window
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:51:31 AM

A couple of dollars, yeah I know but what would you suggest? Not much to do at this stage

If you can, wait until the backlog is back to normal, the fees probably will be lowered once the blocks aren't full anymore. Shouldn't take more than a few days.

what allet have less fee ?

fees depend on the network, not the wallet you use Huh

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: