Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:33:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is everyone loving Feathercoin so much?  (Read 12405 times)
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:07:41 AM

Bunch of socks on the forum talking FC up for personal advantage?

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:20:48 AM

Why do I love it?

I'm getting 0.35BTC per day because of its bubble.

Profit is profit, after all.

You just confirmed that FeatherCoin is a scam. See my above post
RetardedMonkey

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:22:15 AM

You just confirmed that FeatherCoin is a scam. See my above post
Cool?

Don't really care what people assume Feathercoin is - everyone can have their own opinion.
Radacoin

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:29:29 AM

Feathercoin isn't a bad name. And it uses scrypt. It's early and you can still hop aboard.  That's about it.

IXC, PPC, etc. sound like, well, some weird techy stuff. Like I2C or DMA.

Would you rather have a pair of shoes called Nike - or a pair of some thing called CDP ?

It's all about marketing in life. Visuals. Women know that since the beginning of the time Grin

perhan007

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:38:06 AM

I'm out of Feathercoin, sold all 45.000 Coins and I'm extremly happy with the income. (Sold them between 14.6 LTC and 45 LTC per 1000 FTC)

If FTC goes to 0.1 LTC or even higher, I maybe won't be that happy any more :-)
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:53:32 AM

It has grown very quickly, much more than expected. I figured I would be working with a small community of people on this coin. It seems that the community has grown large and at great speed. This has made the project more serious sooner than expected, if people are going to use Feathercoins in the way they have been then it has to be taken seriously. Currently I am dedicating all my time to Feathercoin.

perhan007

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:07:20 AM

It has grown very quickly, much more than expected. I figured I would be working with a small community of people on this coin. It seems that the community has grown large and at great speed. This has made the project more serious sooner than expected, if people are going to use Feathercoins in the way they have been then it has to be taken seriously. Currently I am dedicating all my time to Feathercoin.

I'll ask you what you think of FTC community once price drops and most miners jump off the FTC train, as it happened with TRC, FRC, BTE and most other coins. It'll be
funny to watch you and alikes crying for more hashpower, and most of those who are speeding-up FTC train right now totally ignoring the cry. Once profit ceases, there
won't be any reasons to continue mining FTC because, you see, it is nothing but LTC with 4 times more coins to be generated - not enough changes to have life of it's
own outside of speculation circles. Even LTC is ignored by most of those who are accepting BTC, and you think FTC has a chance to be accepted for anything serious?

This could already happen tomorrow, if the price doesn't grow quickly :-) Tomorrow the difficulty will be there, where it was for LTC a month ago Cheesy
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:09:54 AM

so much B***hurt by people concerning FTC ...   Cheesy

Grasp the economy basics, Supply-Demand.

I ll try to help.

How many brands of Credit Cards are there?

How many Stocks are listed in NYSE?

How many coins do you think a 7+ Billion population needs?

FTC is a wild success, and it will not be the last.

aikklond
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:25:47 AM

If FTC is bound to fail then why sooooo much B***hurt   Grin

EDIT:

Let us FTC noobs bite the dust, why dont ya?

Meanwhile I am sure you are buying FTC.
aikklond
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:30:12 AM

I edited my post before to see your reply, read it and you'll get my point.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:03:47 AM

I'll ask you what you think of FTC community once price drops and most miners jump off the FTC train, as it happened with TRC, FRC, BTE and most other coins. It'll be
funny to watch you and alikes crying for more hashpower, and most of those who are speeding-up FTC train right now totally ignoring the cry. Once profit ceases, there
won't be any reasons to continue mining FTC because, you see, it is nothing but LTC with 4 times more coins to be generated - not enough changes to have life of it's
own outside of speculation circles. Even LTC is ignored by most of those who are accepting BTC, and you think FTC has a chance to be accepted for anything serious?

In the long run, FTC is going nowhere. Enjoy the show you started - I guess it is perfectly fine for you to have your name displayed on the scammer wall for some profit.
You talk quite a lot about a thing, that "is going nowhere" Grin

BTC: 16MZAq1ogFoMskBXgvDkCFdACsXaGiRPfM LTC: LUVnnG5DJY3bs4h7o1SThZVyjurUTuaa23
PPC: P9K354LGkHaZioQfwn6yhg81K5LhBzpPwC FTC: 729uZ2hAY11nZz81eafvnQpvZknxky7Lbt
PWC: pAKN6fJXGErJ7KqWgSfrdpuw6cYpjdM5rk
Radacoin

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:29:01 AM

... especially those doing it for the mere profit, are the funniest.

Hypocrite! We're all doing it for the profit. Whom you wanna kid?

In your opinion, FTC is even better than BTC and LTC, right?

Right? I don't care. The market does not care. And the market is always right.

You can whine and complain like a little kid as long as you want - as long as more people are willing to buy Feathercoin than to sell them the price goes up. And vice versa.

It's called a market.
Radacoin

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:32:23 AM

Enjoy the show you started - I guess it is perfectly fine for you to have your name displayed on the scammer wall for some profit.

I have never put anyone on ignore - but you are the first one.
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:15:48 PM

1. Everyone wants to be an early adopter Feathercoin Billionaire.
2. FC price is overvalued right now so mining it is like 300% more profitable than Bitcoin mining, so all the miners are here trying to spark interest and demand amongst buyers.
3. Another scrypt coin I guess
4. Most FC supporters are new to the forums, and I think they see this as their get rich quick scheme.

*hides under his desk awaiting the barrage of Tomatos from FCers*

Don't be afraid of the tomatos!
*pulls CoinHoarder from the desk*
I bought some FTC on 0.028, it's not 0.05 (LTC), so my investment went from about 0.5BTC to 0.8BTC. I'm not really new and have some BTC, but yes, I did want to be an early adopter to get some quick extra BTC. You're completely correct, and I can deny that I have different intentions, but I do not. I beleive it is a buble going to burst sooner or later, and I'll sell by then.
Tobius

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:08:36 PM

Seems the Feathercoin is the equivalent of a "pump and dump" scheme where the whole coin if made for it Tongue

Not gonna lie, I'm just mining it while it's profitable. I have 0 confidence that a carbon copy of Litecoin will supersede it's parent coin, no matter what hype it's getting this past week.

So get them while they're hot!
UKMark

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Empty vessels make most noise.

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:27:57 PM

There will always be people of any coin that will see it as a get rich quick scheme, there will always be users who pump & dump, the general consensus for both LTC & BTC is that have value and all those/these things have been said about those 2 coins I am sure.

The fact is they have value, because more people value it than pump & dump it or see it as a get rich scheme - I'm currently mining and have bought Feathercoin - I have not sold or taken any profit, in fact I've been Playing Blackjack online already and supporting this rapidly/seemingly accepted NEW alt coin.

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:17:03 PM

... I have 0 confidence that a carbon copy of Litecoin will supersede it's parent coin, ...
The question is whether any of them needs to supersede other or maybe they can both go along just fine.

BTC: 16MZAq1ogFoMskBXgvDkCFdACsXaGiRPfM LTC: LUVnnG5DJY3bs4h7o1SThZVyjurUTuaa23
PPC: P9K354LGkHaZioQfwn6yhg81K5LhBzpPwC FTC: 729uZ2hAY11nZz81eafvnQpvZknxky7Lbt
PWC: pAKN6fJXGErJ7KqWgSfrdpuw6cYpjdM5rk
Tobius

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:55:06 PM

Which is what I really question, Why do we need another Litecoin? It offers nothing that Litecoin does not already, and it just has even more people whole are going to dump it as soon as the price shifts. It seems like it really has no reason for it's existence, other than people want it too to satisfy some longing to be an early adopter (aka get rich quick) and that bothers me. I feel that if anything becomes #3 it should at least offer something useful to the community, like PPCoin and it's Proof of Stake method, or Freicoin, and the idea of demurrage, or Terracoin, with a rapid difficulty adjustment system. A plain old fork seems to do nothing but make a few people who have mining power and see the coin on day 1 some money.
justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:57:48 PM

This reminds me of the early days of poker. So many experts, it's funny how it went a completely different direction when Joe Sixpay was able to play. Wish you all the best in your respective investments.

justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:03:47 PM

Which is what I really question, Why do we need

Who is this 'we' I hear so many people talk about? I hear people say Feathercoin is bubble, I would argue that this messageboard is a bubble. Joe Sixpack is not part of any 'we' argument.  Many of you will never visit our forums and see the projects that are being developed. You want it to fail and that's fine. Maybe there's more than the 'I'm the authority of crypto' bubble that forms in communities such as this.

Do what you want, that's the point. Please don't include me in your 'we' statements, I have my own path.  Anyway, if you decide to give Feathercoin a second look and feel like working toward something than against, I'm sure the community would love your input and talent.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: