Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:45:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you know that your tokens will be traded on one of the exchanges?  (Read 258 times)
kroonike (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:41:16 AM

Hello!

Let's say I want to invest into a specific ICO during a crowdfunding stage. How can I be sure that after the crowdfunding stage is finished, there will be a market for my tokens on one of the exchanges and I will be able to liquidate my position or add to it? Does exchange itself decide if they want to add specific asset or token?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:10:25 PM

you can never know for sure.
there usually is a lot going on behind the scenes when big exchanges add a new coin to their platform. it is always about the coin which can make them the most money. for coins that are already listed somewhere it is easy to spot since they have some volume. but for ICO it is never going to be easy.

you can check out the project to see if it is even good, see if the developer has any history of successful projects, how many people are interested in it. but in the end everything about an ICO is highly risky and not advised to participate in.

good news is if you did invest, there will always be somewhere to sell them even if it means finding someone on the Announcement topic. or a crappy exchange like yobit which lists all the scam coins.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: