Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:35:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: poloniex is running a scam with the fake lag and frozen market that keep moving  (Read 1980 times)
DrxRog (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 01:28:37 PM

if you can prove that this exchange is not using lags to gain unfair advantages on the market . please come and do so. i think actions should be taking against this people they have been running this scam for a long time now. let me know your thoughts. 
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:38:49 PM

if you can prove that this exchange is not using lags to gain unfair advantages on the market . please come and do so. i think actions should be taking against this people they have been running this scam for a long time now. let me know your thoughts. 

What "actions"?
How do you envision that?
The only "action" that comes to mind:
Do not use their service...

Do you have better ideas?

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:40:50 PM

in my experience. they are having some ddos attack to make the website lag. some attackers makes ddos to gain a lot of cheap coins or dump their coins on the higher price. They need to change their servers in a bigger servers in order for them to hold the attack.
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:28:40 PM

What "actions"?
How do you envision that?
The only "action" that comes to mind:
Do not use their service...

Do you have better ideas?
i guess you miss read the post above you . let me help you show me that the lags is not being used to gain unfair advantage on the market.
gerrar out of here man. about dont use their service . you joker stick to the thread . i,m still laughing at your comment i bet you felt cool after writing that no ? even your questions lol about what actions .lool the lag nab the lag read thread subject at least next time. before making your post.  
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:52:39 PM

[...]

A lot of big talk, but no (not one) concrete action (suggested). Genius.

Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:16:11 PM

Hi there,

Firstly, let me just state that I don't have much* of an opinion on the site itself. I use it to make my trades with different cryptocurrency pairs, and that's about it.

I think everyone who uses Poloniex finds it to be laggy at times, there is no doubt about that. I don't find the severity of it to be that bad, but I do only log in just a couple of times per day to make my trades, and log off again. Those of you who are finding it consistently laggy are obviously finding it annoying, to say the least, and need to be bringing it to their attention - though I think a scam thread is a little too far.

Now, whether any DDoS against the site has been orchestrated by the site themselves, is not something any of us here have the answer to. If you think that they are causing the DDoS themselves, the onus is on you to prove this, not the other way round.

You have opened a scam accusation here, and you have provided zero proof of anything. This should have perhaps been taken directly to their main thread, and not this section, as you have shown nothing here.

*as far as the word "much" relating to my opinion of the site, it boils down to this:
As long as I can transfer in BTC or w/e, make my trades, and withdraw my coins, I am happy. Yes, that has had delays recently as well, and can be somewhat concerning, I get that.
I will say that the site has never really felt that secure to me and so I generally don't keep much on there, but then again that applies everywhere - always keep control of your own coins, no matter who it is.

If you want to proceed with this thread further, that's entirely your choice, but you are going to need something to back up your claims.

Cheers

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:40:06 PM

Hi there,

Firstly, let me just state that I don't have much* of an opinion on the site itself. I use it to make my trades with different cryptocurrency pairs, and that's about it.

I think everyone who uses Poloniex finds it to be laggy at times, there is no doubt about that. I don't find the severity of it to be that bad, but I do only log in just a couple of times per day to make my trades, and log off again. Those of you who are finding it consistently laggy are obviously finding it annoying, to say the least, and need to be bringing it to their attention - though I think a scam thread is a little too far.

Now, whether any DDoS against the site has been orchestrated by the site themselves, is not something any of us here have the answer to. If you think that they are causing the DDoS themselves, the onus is on you to prove this, not the other way round.

You have opened a scam accusation here, and you have provided zero proof of anything. This should have perhaps been taken directly to their main thread, and not this section, as you have shown nothing here.

*as far as the word "much" relating to my opinion of the site, it boils down to this:
As long as I can transfer in BTC or w/e, make my trades, and withdraw my coins, I am happy. Yes, that has had delays recently as well, and can be somewhat concerning, I get that.
I will say that the site has never really felt that secure to me and so I generally don't keep much on there, but then again that applies everywhere - always keep control of your own coins, no matter who it is.

If you want to proceed with this thread further, that's entirely your choice, but you are going to need something to back up your claims.

Cheers
now that is one smart reply . i get what you mean with the scam accusation . but hear this if one can not close a trade for over a hour how is the market moving. no need for me to supply any extra evidence blah blah . has this is a fact. they can come here and dispute that. the lag is the scam. otherwise trading should be alted for all. but that is not the case big swings are taking place . it needs to come in a scam accusation . until they can explain why the market is moving if no one can trade or close positions for nearly 2 hours at a time sometimes. the other day my balance just simply vanished for 6 hours plus.
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:47:23 PM

[...]

A lot of big talk, but no (not one) concrete action (suggested). Genius.
thread is to bring attention to the practises of this exchange . this problem is old and very consistent on polo . and also to make polo at least take the right actions and fix whatever issues /upgrade their infrastructure and wait for it . if market is broken just freeze it for all simple. i hope i helped your arrogant self out with my reply.   
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 02:09:02 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2017, 02:22:11 PM by sbogovac

[more blahblah]

First learn what a proper scam accusation looks like, and then come back with some real information...

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 02:16:04 PM

[...] I think everyone who uses Poloniex finds it to be laggy at times, there is no doubt about that. [...] whether any DDoS against the site has been orchestrated by the site themselves, is not something any of us here have the answer to. [...]

I'd say this is due to Poloniex being very popular amongst traders using tradebots (Poloniex provides an api for it and another member on this forum has written a nice bot to autotrade on it). This will off course result in a lot of (auto) trafic the microsecond either a bull- or bear-run starts... hence the delays (for us "humans") IMHO.

Monzsta

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:05:08 PM

Polo just choked out again.  Roll Eyes
drsaravananr

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:21:20 PM

Unable to buy, unable to sell. But trade seems to happening in the back ground and prices are tanking. Margin accounts are getting liquidated. What does this mean? Do the math.
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:28:37 PM

Unable to buy, unable to sell. But trade seems to happening in the back ground and prices are tanking. Margin accounts are getting liquidated. What does this mean? Do the math.
you see clearly sir.
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:39:34 PM

[...] I think everyone who uses Poloniex finds it to be laggy at times, there is no doubt about that. [...] whether any DDoS against the site has been orchestrated by the site themselves, is not something any of us here have the answer to. [...]

I'd say this is due to Poloniex being very popular amongst traders using tradebots (Poloniex provides an api for it and another member on this forum has written a nice bot to autotrade on it). This will off course result in a lot of (auto) trafic the microsecond either a bull- or bear-run starts... hence the delays (for us "humans") IMHO.

so are you saying whilst my fellow human can not click anything on the screen for up to 2 hours at a time . the robots are terminating our coins . this thread is exactly were it needs to be according to what you yourself i describing  . sub cat of trading discussions has there is none for cheating .   trade should stop for all or none . basic fairness
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:05:58 AM

no need to panic according to bogorvac the bots are just mining your coins.  nothing to see here keep walking   
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:27:56 AM

Both strange and weird that this doesn't happen to me on Poloniex to anywhere near the extent some of you are describing. Okay, only log in a couple times per day as previously stated, but I still haven't experienced this. Guess I should be grateful really if this is that serious.

All you guys margin trading are getting it the worst due to not being able to close trades while you're simultaneously being liquidated, just sitting there being able to do NOTHING whilst you watch yourself being bankrupted. Think I'll avoid all that.

Thank fuck I don't margin trade. You are either going to make a shitload of money, or lose a shitload, either due to terrible trading techniques, or literally not being able to access the trade to prevent further losses.

Margin Trading™ - Either taking you to the moon, or you'll be going out like a bang ©

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:32:01 AM

Both strange and weird that this doesn't happen to me on Poloniex to anywhere near the extent some of you are describing. Okay, only log in a couple times per day as previously stated, but I still haven't experienced this. Guess I should be grateful really if this is that serious.

All you guys margin trading are getting it the worst due to not being able to close trades while you're simultaneously being liquidated, just sitting there being able to do NOTHING whilst you watch yourself being bankrupted. Think I'll avoid all that.

Thank fuck I don't margin trade. You are either going to make a shitload of money, or lose a shitload, either due to terrible trading techniques, or literally not being able to access the trade to prevent further losses.

Margin Trading™ - Either taking you to the moon, or you'll be going out like a bang ©
yes seems to be worst when margin trading and on markets with the most action taking place  Huh 
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:30:55 PM

no need to panic according to bogorvac the bots are just mining your coins.  nothing to see here keep walking   

I was (obviously) talking about trade-bots, but you seem ignorant about that too...

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:36:04 PM

[...] Margin Trading™ - Either taking you to the moon, or you'll be going out like a bang ©

As long as you just use a (small) portion of your capital and use a "reputable" exchange it can be a fun way of "intelligent gambling". But yes, I personally invested the majority of our capital "wisely spreaded" and for "long term growth"...

Crypto is just a small portion of that, and margin-trading-crypto even a small(-er) portion of that...

DrxRog (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:38:28 PM

I was (obviously) talking about trade-bots, but you seem ignorant about that too...
lol broda you missed the joke it seems.  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: