Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: which should I use?
multibit - 15 (65.2%)
bitcoin qt - 8 (34.8%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: multibit or bitcoin qt  (Read 2350 times)
tmullett

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:38:56 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 11:55:41 PM by tmullett

I'm using electrum, but just started. Like multibit, it doesn't require downloading the blockchain. I like the fact that Electrum generated a long passphrase, which I keep offline, that can be used to regenerate my keys if the wallet gets lost or trashed.

Any wallet that doesn't require that download/sync operation does need some other way of seeing your addresses on the blockchain to know about balances and confirmations. So things like Multibit and Electrum have to delegate that part to services somewhere that are nodes on the p2p network. The original bitcoin software is architecturally monolithic, containing the p2p node, miner and wallet manager all in one package. More recent developments decouple those things, which is architecturally more flexible (giving us the ability to have lightweight wallets for example) but a bit more complex, and complexity usually makes it things harder to secure.

Out of curiosity, for anyone who wants to answer, why is bitcoin-qt considered the most secure wallet?
Annu

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:02:31 AM

I use Multibit and have no problems with it.
pharaoh171

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:45:16 AM

I've been using Armory and like it a lot. It's supposed to
be the most secure, and I found it easy to use and set up.
megadeth92

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 01:37:29 AM

I do prefer electrum client instead multibit Smiley

BTC: 1Dr5zwhKQehXRxcSupV8DuJjbhpPJfUHrz
http://facebook.com/alcancearoa.com
raspcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:29:11 AM

i have multibit  and it was hacked. i lost all btc coins on it. i put encryption on wallet but no use. had some kind of trojan or backdoor virus and lost everything.
is there a way to retrieve coins ?

It is generally a good idea to use a separate OS for wallet storage. If you are a Windows user, then another security measure is to run untrusted programs inside a virtual machine.

homm88

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BTC/Doge

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:30:54 AM

Multibit works great, absolutely no complaints about it. I recommend it to everyone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: