Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:10:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline signing wallet: version mismatch?  (Read 400 times)
jbreher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:03:43 AM

Some time back, I created my Cold Storage mechanism based upon Armory 0.88.1-beta. Somewhere along the line, I upgraded the online watching component in order to allow continued use of a hot wallet on the same system. Now I want to dip into my Cold funds, but find myself unable to. Upon creating the transaction, I get:
Code:
*Version Warning*
<!>
Since Armory version 0.92 the formats for offline transaction operations has changed to accommodate multi-signature transactions. This format is _not_ compatible with versions of Armory before 0.92.
To continue, the other system will need to be upgrades to to version 0.92 or later. If you cannot upgrade the other system, you will need to reinstall an older version of Armory on this system.

OK, this all seems clear enough. What I don't know is whether I can freely mix and match versions. Is the logical route forward just to upgrade the Offline Signing machine to the latest and greatest Armory? Will they interoperate then?

Offline Signing:
Armory 0.88.1-beta
ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Online Watching:
Armory 0.93.2
Mac OS X 10.8.5

Any gotchas on the install? Or can I just install it in place, over existing version?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:34:10 PM

What I don't know is whether I can freely mix and match versions. Is the logical route forward just to upgrade the Offline Signing machine to the latest and greatest Armory? Will they interoperate then?

You can use anything 0.93+ as a signer.

Any gotchas on the install? Or can I just install it in place, over existing version?

Code:
sudo dpkg -r armory
sudo dpkg -i new_armory_package.deb

jbreher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:06:09 AM

What I don't know is whether I can freely mix and match versions. Is the logical route forward just to upgrade the Offline Signing machine to the latest and greatest Armory? Will they interoperate then?

You can use anything 0.93+ as a signer.

Code:
sudo dpkg -r armory
sudo dpkg -i new_armory_package.deb

Cool. So when I -r it, will it remove all the data files as well? I assume this would require me to 'reinstall' my wallets from seeds? Or will the data be left in place?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:07:14 PM

No, the uninstall just gets rid of installation files. It won't touch any user files.

jbreher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:41:16 AM

No, the uninstall just gets rid of installation files. It won't touch any user files.

Thanks. Worked like a charm. Business was conducted.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: