Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:45:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me Archive Satoshi's Emails  (Read 3621 times)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:55:09 PM

Unfortunately I don't have anything to contribute.
I'm one of the oldest members of this board and actually had the chance to communicate with Satoshi, but all this communication was via forum posts.

If you want to know more about what kind of a person he was (and propably still is) and what his ideals and ideas for bitcoin have been, I recommend to read his forum posts, beginning with the oldest:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts;start=520
(don't expect any personal stuff, it's mostly dev talk, but you see what he thought bitcoin should be like)

Wow, 2009. You are not kidding!

How did you find out about bitcoin so early?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:03:25 PM

This is why I've started the conversation. There is a lot of history floating around these boards. I'm sorry they won't give me a child board to archive it, but I guess you have to work with what you have been given.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:07:16 PM

There was an elder forum on bitcoin.org. At least there are references to it in Satoshi's posts.
i think that forum moved, with all its posts and stuff, from bitcoin.org to bitcointalk.org.
This is correct.

Wow, 2009. You are not kidding!

How did you find out about bitcoin so early?
To be honest, I don't know anymore. I think I was really into decentralized encrypted p2p file sharing networks at this point and was looking for less restrictive (more underground Tongue) payment processors, because, let's be honest, paypal is very convenient, but it's politics suck hard.

EDIT: oh, and I was totally anti-authoritarian at this point, informed myself about alternative political directions and so on, so the whole idea of peoples money and not state money fit pretty well into that.

Thank you for this. Smoke PM me. I'd like to have a convo about the history of bitcoin. You've been here a long time so I figure you probably have a few things to say.
pm sent.

BTW: I guess I was in fact the first German bitcoin user. At least I haven't met any German bitcoiner who was in the game before me. Can anyone confirm/disprove that?

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
gwern

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:16:13 PM

Please note that your correspondence will become part of the open domain and will be eventually published in a format similar to a searchable wiki or in lectures for our crowdsourced course.

Any update on this? It's been over a year since you requested the emails, promising to post them publicly.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:05:30 PM

I want to see any such work. Send me a PM if you have something.

I only learned about Bitcoin a while after its conception.

Be careful not to publish anything that may reveal his identity, that would be a dick move.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 02:17:11 AM

Charles got busy with other things. Pierre Rochard et al set this up: http://satoshi.nakamotoinstitute.org

It has all Satoshi's writings.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:10:26 AM

Are you trying to do a bitcoin bible. collecting all the words from the founder. I think it is a good idea. Eventually bitcoin will become a religion.
gwern

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 03:32:49 PM

Charles got busy with other things. Pierre Rochard et al set this up: http://satoshi.nakamotoinstitute.org

That doesn't have the emails Hoskinson collected, and how much time does it take to hand them over to someone who isn't 'busy with other things'?
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:47:56 PM

It has all Satoshi's writings.

the most interesting thing is "The Code" The vision distilled. (Coming soon.) ... but now came to my mind that it also could be a starting point script for a movie or documentary ...

My idea for a script ( sorry I was addicted player on ZXspectrum text based games )
if was a movie ...

""could start with a personage who was fired from wall street banker after 2008 crash and he accidentally find bitcoin project""

Grin  

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 04:35:49 PM

That doesn't have the emails Hoskinson collected, and how much time does it take to hand them over to someone who isn't 'busy with other things'?

Are you volunteering? Go do some work and prove yourself worth listening to. There was little interest in the project when Charles started it (ICYMI).

gwern

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 04:39:26 PM

Are you volunteering?

Absolutely. Hand me what was collected and I will happily format them and host them on my own site - as I have already done for Wei Dai.

Go do some work and prove yourself worth listening to.

Wow, how condescending.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:10:07 PM

Are you volunteering?

Absolutely. Hand me what was collected and I will happily format them and host them on my own site - as I have already done for Wei Dai.

Go do some work and prove yourself worth listening to.

Wow, how condescending.

Yes. It is condescending.

If you really want to contribute, you go and do something. Hint: start with a PM to OP instead of whining about "and how much time does it take to hand them over to someone who isn't 'busy with other things'?"

gwern

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:36:14 PM

Yes. It is condescending.

If you really want to contribute, you go and do something.

What makes you think I don't do things? I do a great many things involving the black-markets. Maybe you should try doing the whole 'not being a condescending git' thing. BTW, nice goal-post moving: you challenged me to volunteer, I did, I pointed out also previous work I've done in this vein, and now you're telling me that if I *really* want to contribute...? Whatever, man.

Hint: start with a PM to OP instead of whining about "and how much time does it take to hand them over to someone who isn't 'busy with other things'?"

A PM is no better than a public request for an update, and is a more efficient use of Hoskinson's time: instead of answering PM by PM, he can just comment here and everyone can see it. You're the one saying he's busy, shouldn't you care more about efficient use of his time? I'm fascinated by how you insist on making this about me, rather than about Hoskinson; very odd...
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:46:34 PM

I would assume that many people would troll and forge email correspondence with Satoshi making emails between most people and Satochi questionable with very few exceptions.
MX450

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:59:53 AM

Let the man be anonymous.
Riniaiokl

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:21:33 AM

Oh you doing a great job. Best wishes, man!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: