Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:41:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used in space?  (Read 9288 times)
wormgummy019

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:15:00 AM

Just curious, since the Internet is mostly an Earthly thing... would astronauts be able to access and transfer their Bitcoins whilst traveling throughout the solar system?

As long as there is a signal or internet wherever you are you can used bitcoin. Because bitcoin is a crypto currency and if you don't have an internet or signal you can't use your bitcoin. Think of it, if you want use bitcoin you need signal or bitcoin. So that, I can say that you can used bitcoin in space.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dragon fire

Activity: 151

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:24:24 AM

Just curious, since the Internet is mostly an Earthly thing... would astronauts be able to access and transfer their Bitcoins whilst traveling throughout the solar system?
regardless of the form of the investment, will not be in use in outer space.
is it possible for an astronaut to accept transactions or send bitcoins in space?
impossible thing.
randyg29

Activity: 330

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:48:23 AM

I think if we can use it in other country it can also in outer space as long as there is an Internet connection and people who like that, you can make it share to them even it take some time.

Shendy23

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:01:02 AM

I think its possible because bitcoin is just data, but its takes years to send bitcoin to space i guess, because its too far away. but question is why do we use bitcoin in space since we are alone in the universe? it well be pointless sending data like that in space because bitcoin can only be use in earth and no other life exist other than us.

Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:07:10 AM

Yes we could use bitcoin in space as long we have are own internet connection and why we need to use bitcoin in space if we cannot use our bitcoins there. We should focus outside the space not focusing in earning bitcoins. And the salary of a astronauts are much bigger than we earned through bitcoins.
what are you talking about ,did you in any way thinking that the astronauts are focusing on earning bitcoin  Tongue How cares about the salary of astronauts,@ OP if you are having an internet connection then you will be able to send bitcoins where ever you are and there wont be any restrictions,it is as simple as that,i am just scribbling because to make you understand how simple the question was.  Wink
He make it more complicated on its answer even the question is very very simple but well its his own view and i do agree that astonauts having big salaries but the main question here is about bitcoin usage on space and yes its really possible as long we do have connection and could able to make transaction on the entire chain then it wont really be a problem as long web signals can reach out their destination.
Exactly as long as there is a connection accessing bitcoin are may not impossible with some astronauts to connect for and use bitcoin because this is a digital currency that work as long as the internet are there and you have the tools or gadgets to use for.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:11:22 AM

I am also just wandering will astronauts need bitcoin or other money in their travelling through the Universe?

hahaha silly question
I really think like you, does astronaut need bitcoin to circle the universe ?

only astronauts can answer all this. I think the OP immediately asked the astronaut
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:34:13 AM

You can still access internet on space but connection speeds are quite slow as dialup as what the astronaut Scott Kelly said on his twitter which was also corroborated by his colleague Reid Wiseman. So i think slow connection will cause a problem transferring their bitcoins from space.

thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:38:49 AM

As long as you have an internet connection in space, I don't see no reason why it shouldn't be a possibility. Bitcoins need a stavle and reliable internet connection so you'll always get updates on the price and the supply activity of bitcoins in the circulation.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:46:08 AM

astronaut wont play bitcoin i think.
they have own job in space.
and i ask to you, when satellite send data or information, how it work? maybe if you work on space its will use the own satellite.
but they no thought about bitcoin in there

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:22:41 AM

as long as in the space we can use internet then we can use bitcoin too because we need internet to connect with bitcoin. but i think we are too far from the question because bitcoin itself is not already available in many country and only the country which have internet connection can used bitcoin. maybe in future after internet is reaching the space and many people is moving in out of space then bitcoin will spread in the space too.
soudao

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:34:31 AM

Of course you can use, but I would like to ask you to use the bitcoin in space to buy what?
InvestPro100

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:46:41 AM

Bitcoin certainly is in Kosmos, he came from there  Wink Grin
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:02:54 AM

Bitcoin is a virtual digital currency works on mutual trust and understanding without third party interference. If you have secured internet connection and bitcoin mobile wallet you can do transactions from anywhere. If you fulfill the requirements needed for a bitcoin transaction you can make transaction from middle of a desert, sea or even from space.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:26:17 AM

Bitcoin is a virtual digital currency works on mutual trust and understanding without third party interference. If you have secured internet connection and bitcoin mobile wallet you can do transactions from anywhere. If you fulfill the requirements needed for a bitcoin transaction you can make transaction from middle of a desert, sea or even from space.
That is right, as long as the internet connection there is good and you have a device that is needed so you can transfer bitcoin from your bitcoin wallet to another then it doesn't matter if you are in rare places because bitcoin is flowing through the power of the internet and you can use bitcoin pretty much anywhere.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:51:06 AM

lol, do you think astronauts use bitcoin up in the space?  i guess they dont use bitcoin because they have other important things to do than checking the price and posting in the forum just to keep updated on the latest trend of bitcoin. though yes , it is possible for them to use bitcoin outside the earth becuase they have satelites that transmitte a signal to acces the internet.
f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:25:00 AM

lol, do you think astronauts use bitcoin up in the space?  i guess they dont use bitcoin because they have other important things to do than checking the price and posting in the forum just to keep updated on the latest trend of bitcoin. though yes , it is possible for them to use bitcoin outside the earth becuase they have satelites that transmitte a signal to acces the internet.
I agree with you, and this is a very unreasonable question. astronauts may be more busy and focused with their work in space, now astronauts can access the internet but they can not freely use the internet. Because they are in the workplace and their work is very heavy, especially internet access to communicate with his family is very limited.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:11:27 AM

The thing is thy do not need money in outer space, so why do they need to access btc there? Even fiat they do not have there, there is no store or malls or exchange to use for that. But they have great connection or internet there but they do not need money at all.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:17:28 AM

Ridiculous as it may sound, but yes. As long as you have a stable and reliable internet connection in space (which I know you can have), you can still handle your bitcoins in space. You can even trade your bitcoins there or even start a mining rig with all the computers there in the space station. LOL.

Cotton Candy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:23:12 AM

I am notbsure if there are an internet connection side the earth but if there is an internet connection, they can access it obviously because that is the main thing that the butcoins need to be accessed. And besides why do the astronauts needed to access bitcoins anyway? They never need money outside the world to survive they needed foods and supplies in order to come back alive. And the government or whatever it is will be the one obligated to supply them free foods because that is there job.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:30:54 AM

Bitcoin can be used anywhere in the world and space also. The main requirements are power supply, Computer, internernet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: