Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:33:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL deliver and "honest dealings"  (Read 1198 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:32:20 AM

Below is a quote from BFLJOSH (i.e. IN-A-BRA).

<lots of bullshit>

Q. Are you going to become just another mouthpiece for the BFL party line?
A. First of all, there is no “party line” coming out of BFL.  They have been up front and honest with their dealings in the community from day one. There are a number of people on the forums that feel that BFL has been dishonest and some of those feelings are justified if viewed through the lens of “Every business should be perfect, always.”  However, both Sonny and the engineers, contrary to some statements you may have seen from others on the forum, have been honest in their assessments of capabilities and timelines.  They have been mistaken, yes, but they have not been willfully or intentionally dishonest. Some can say they should have known better, and whether or not that is true is, at this point, academic.  I am looking at the future, not the past, and I will be doing my level best to provide accurate information from day one.  If there is some information that I believe to be inaccurate, a lie, or just plain wrong, I will not pass it off as fact.  I will not tow any “party line.”  I will give you the honest facts as I know them.  There may be times that there are trade secrets that I cannot reveal, but I do not believe this constitutes falsehood or anything nefarious, as there are times where revealing certain bits of information would put BFL at a competitive disadvantage.  That will harm not only BFL, but also its current and future customers.  If there are still people that, going forward, feel that this is somehow dishonest, then I apologize in advance and I also give advance notice that there will, in fact, be times where 100% of information cannot be disclosed, either immediately or possibly ever.

<more bullshit>

The bolded section sounds ALL TOO FAMILIAR on BFL's reputation even to this day. Anyone got any quotes to add to these initial claims of Josh?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:46:33 AM

Let me fix that for you:

... I am looking at the future, not the past, and I will be doing my level best to provide accurate information lie to keep customers from ordering Avalons miners from day one. ...

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:36:54 PM

THIS ^ Yet he claims he never lied about the power specs.

Inaba has no credibility. Should be fun to see if he pays for his 1000 btc with Runeks about the power consumption target of their first line of ASIC devices.

Sounds like someone will likely get a scammer tag...time will tell very shortly. Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

chiropteran

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 02:31:27 PM

Smoothie, he following is a quote from your signature:

Warning: BFL has failed to deliver for > 195+ Days. It could be a scam!
BFL started taking pre order money in June 2012, but have not shipped a single ASIC device up until April 2013. There's no evidence they even have a working prototype.

It is a lie.  There have been 5+ reported deliveries of 5Gh BFL devices.  There is ample evidence and proof that the devices are working.  Actual end user devices working fine.  It's completely false to claim that they don't have a working prototype given facts that everyone should be aware of by now.

While I'm not sure "BFL Josh" didn't stretch the thruth a bit in his PR statements, nothing from any of his posts comes close to the slander and lies in your signature.

Pot shouldn't call the kettle black.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:33:14 PM

Smoothie, he following is a quote from your signature:

Warning: BFL has failed to deliver for > 195+ Days. It could be a scam!
BFL started taking pre order money in June 2012, but have not shipped a single ASIC device up until April 2013. There's no evidence they even have a working prototype.

It is a lie.  There have been 5+ reported deliveries of 5Gh BFL devices.  There is ample evidence and proof that the devices are working.  Actual end user devices working fine.  It's completely false to claim that they don't have a working prototype given facts that everyone should be aware of by now.

While I'm not sure "BFL Josh" didn't stretch the thruth a bit in his PR statements, nothing from any of his posts comes close to the slander and lies in your signature.

Pot shouldn't call the kettle black.

So if I'm the pot you are the frying pan? Or the dog bowl?

It wasn't a lie when I posted it in my signature 3 weeks ago. I am going to pull a "BFL" and delay changing my sig until I think it suits my interests first. Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:57:06 PM

Sounds like someone will likely get a scammer tag...time will tell very shortly. Tongue

Don't kid yourself! Inaba will never get a scammer tag as long as BFL pays money for Ads on Bitcointalk.

Quite sad actually, because even without this bet almost 80% of Bitcointalk users think BFL should get a scammer tag: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155730.0

Please, mods, respect your community and show some backbone - and give Inaba a scammer tag.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:56:04 PM

THIS ^ Yet he claims he never lied about the power specs.

Well here's the fact of the matter: we all know he's a liar. He knows we know he's a liar. He also knows noobs don't know, and that's what BFL is going for, with all its google ads (still up, by the way, to this day). He knows that as long as he keeps lying about it, about all of it, all the way, those noobs may have a hard time figuring what's what until after they've made their first order. As all BFL gets are first orders anyway, this is no concern of his.

In short: he knows he's scamming and he knows there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Open and free means open and free. On the other hand....

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: