Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:47:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Show new replies to your posts  (Read 717 times)
zebedee (OP)
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:19:46 AM

I use this link a lot as it's the best way to see what has recently been happening.

Sadly I have many topics I posted in that I no longer care about, such as newbie topics when I first joined.

Can I remove those topics from this summary?  They really clutter it up.  Every day.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 12:03:38 PM

Use the watchlist instead, you can have it add topics as you post in them, then remove the ones you aren't interested in.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90136

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
zebedee (OP)
Donator

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:55:16 PM

Use the watchlist instead, you can have it add topics as you post in them, then remove the ones you aren't interested in.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90136
I take it that means "No".

Your suggestion requires active management and remembrance.  It's much easier to remember something you're being negatively reminded of daily rather than something you actively forgot about and will never see again.

I think this should be an easy tweak to the forum software that's made accessible to users.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 01:03:12 PM

Yes, that was a no. You can try deleting your post in that thread, it might stop them.
It's not an easy change, that's why the watchlist was implemented in the first place, for this exact scenario (and adding threads without having to post in them).

I don't see what's so difficult about it, importing your current list is one click, after that it has the same functionality and usage as the "new replies" link, but has increased utility and allows you to remove specific threads.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
zebedee (OP)
Donator

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:11:57 PM

Yes, that was a no. You can try deleting your post in that thread, it might stop them.
It's not an easy change, that's why the watchlist was implemented in the first place, for this exact scenario (and adding threads without having to post in them).

I don't see what's so difficult about it, importing your current list is one click, after that it has the same functionality and usage as the "new replies" link, but has increased utility and allows you to remove specific threads.
Cool, let me try deleting my post(s).  If that works I'm happy.  Too bad history gets screwed up in the process.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:33:33 PM

^^^ All of this ^^^

I don't know why anyone feels the need to use 'Show new replies to your posts.' after finding out about the watchlist, it's so much better.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 13013

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:37:02 PM

Your suggestion requires active management and remembrance.

It doesn't. You can configure the watchlist to automatically add topics that you post in. If you set it up correctly, the watchlist can work exactly the same as "show new replies to your posts".

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
zebedee (OP)
Donator

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:19:02 PM

Your suggestion requires active management and remembrance.

It doesn't. You can configure the watchlist to automatically add topics that you post in. If you set it up correctly, the watchlist can work exactly the same as "show new replies to your posts".
Thanks Theymos I wasn't aware of that.  I'll take a look again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: