Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:42:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could this coin solve some of the problems Crypto has?  (Read 2214 times)
kubricktrader (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 05:20:25 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 10:44:11 AM by kubricktrader

No ICO, NO POW, NO PREMINE, NO POS.
Unlike any other blockchain. Uses static signed nodes and a CHORDS system to check consensus. Now this system solves any scalability issues, the 51% attack problem of POS, is more secure than any other blockchain as unlike others instead of chasing a random untested node checks across a selection of signed, trusted and static nodes using CHORDS. Its is also far more efficient that anything that has gone before. Also assuming the developer isn't lying they actually worked with Peter Szor a giant in the internet security industry who died a few years back.

Probably this is the easiest way to explain how CHORDS will work in theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q29szpcnorA

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xtrabytes/

*The project is only a few weeks old as they go live at 50k block, the community is exploding on slack mainly from only YOBIT (unfortunately) users hearing about it. The community is young and the logos etc are all shit......just accept it.

https://young-basin-20186.herokuapp.com
*You only have 24 hours to register a node, after that period you won't be able to register one of these special elite nodes (thats why I thought it was fair to tell others in the wider community so no one can say they didn't have a chance)
concept2

Activity: 750
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:06:13 PM

look potential. Let me think about it. I will spend time to learn and read about its technology. It is very great if we can avoid attack 51%. But if it can not be mined, how can it be created?
kubricktrader (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:15:23 PM

look potential. Let me think about it. I will spend time to learn and read about its technology. It is very great if we can avoid attack 51%. But if it can not be mined, how can it be created?

It started in a really unusual way. There is a big back story to it but simply....There was a scam ICO on CCEX called BITMOX, people worked out it was a scam so among the people scammed was a developer and a marketing guy, they talked and decided to get CCEX to fork the coin and try to do something with the coin to salvage investors money. Well the story continues and in the end the developer realises the old coin is a mess and now is building a side coin. So before they really announced his ideas which supposedly he was fermenting for some time it sat on YOBIT for a week at less than 40 sats, then increased quite a bit in last couple of weeks.

Short answer its basically 100% distributed with 1 scam ICO and then sat on an exchange at very low prices for a week. lol

Ive never seen or invested in anything like it fro good or bad, in terms of tech or community creation. It deserves a look thats all I think.

kubricktrader (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:55:05 PM

I did tell you guys this one was going to blow up! Grin
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:01:07 PM

No ICO, NO POW, NO PREMINE, NO POS
all NO then what is YES for this one

do you know How much total cap for this coin ?

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092

Hodlers Network

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:22:47 PM

would you like to tell me some specific reason for this quote,, ?
this is new altcoin and who knows everything will run in good in the future
because there is a lot of new coin become useless

CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:24:00 PM

People may think you've something, expose this coin and it seems you are one of their team, just wild guess.
But, you did good and I'm interested to learn about this coin.
Honestly, why the title > a bitcoin killer? To bait more people?
None of altcoins could kill bitcoin obviously, compete maybe as some coins has good potential to reach a half of bitcoin achievement.
kubricktrader (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:30:49 PM

People may think you've something, expose this coin and it seems you are one of their team, just wild guess.
But, you did good and I'm interested to learn about this coin.
Honestly, why the title > a bitcoin killer? To bait more people?
None of altcoins could kill bitcoin obviously, compete maybe as some coins has good potential to reach a half of bitcoin achievement.

I admit to a little bit of Hyperbole cause I didn't really think Bitcoin will ever stop being king BUT

Hand on heart, the facts are there, this coin does actually seem to solve the issues of Bitcoin. At the very least its just as interesting as an IOTA or BYTEball in that they are going about doing the blockchain in a radically different way. The difference is coins like IOTA is already passing hands at 250m before it hits exchanges and XBY is almost unknown and is nowhere in terms of marketcap yet. 

My big thing is go research yourself. It doesn't need hype, but its deserves to get in-front of people eyeballs. IMO
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:21:05 PM

Luckily I bought back in just before the rise today. Gonna hold and see how far this can go.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:31:28 PM

I will monitor this one and i heard about this coin from a slack conversation a couple of weeks back but since it is traded in Yobit i did not bother to enter in it because i see a lot of coins in Yobit and if the coin has the ability to get into bittrex or other similar exchanges then you could see some good investors.
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:04:10 PM

XBY have a potential. At least they don't ICO as lately I'm very suspicious to 99% of them.

I will watch it and maybe buy some, but I'm a little scary that the 'pump' part already begun. As the trade volume for the past 24 hours is a whooping 118.51 BTC!

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 01:35:59 AM

*You only have 24 hours to register a node, after that period you won't be able to register one of these special elite nodes (thats why I thought it was fair to tell others in the wider community so no one can say they didn't have a chance)

This is a red flag for me. Only 24 hours notice? This is my first time seeing the thread, so I think I can reasonably say that "I didn't have a chance".

So, now I can't start a masternode and cannot earn a percentage of the transaction fees.

This is similar to an instamine, but it is an instamine of masternode privileges. It is definitely unfair to those who find out about the coin after you cannot setup a masternode...

Maybe it is still within the 24h period you claim, but I still will not participate in solidarity of all who will not find out about this coin until after that timeframe. It is unfair to them.

Any cryptocurrency with such a scheme will never gain users and adoption, as the early adopters are given an unfair advantage.
dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:16:43 AM

NEM is the best Bitcoin replacement if you do your research.  ETH is the best service platform. What does that make ripple?  I'll let you decide.
kubricktrader (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:57:50 AM

This is a red flag for me. Only 24 hours notice? This is my first time seeing the thread, so I think I can reasonably say that "I didn't have a chance".

So, now I can't start a masternode and cannot earn a percentage of the transaction fees.

This is similar to an instamine, but it is an instamine of masternode privileges. It is definitely unfair to those who find out about the coin after you cannot setup a masternode...

Maybe it is still within the 24h period you claim, but I still will not participate in solidarity of all who will not find out about this coin until after that timeframe. It is unfair to them.

Any cryptocurrency with such a scheme will never gain users and adoption, as the early adopters are given an unfair advantage.

It might be a reg flag to you but its incorrect. The nature of static nodes means they HAD to be set up by 50K I believe due to it actually needing a FORK to do so. These elite static nodes don't function exactly like master nodes, they will collect fees but the major purpose is bigger and they will collect fess from SERVICES. You can still set up what you understand as fees collecting node still, though I think there is a technical limit of maybe 1000 wish due to again how the nodes work and you can reset the price of the nodes like average floating nodes.

Research more deeply. And I don't think fairness in crypto is really a thing anyway....but this one is about as fair as any other coin, probably more so. For one the developer doesn't appear to own much.
kubricktrader (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:01:21 AM

NEM is the best Bitcoin replacement if you do your research.  ETH is the best service platform. What does that make ripple?  I'll let you decide.

Did you forget ETH's DOA attack a few months back? ETH can never be a currency as it has no hard cap. If we want no hard cap we can use fiat and VISA.

NEM is kind big and inelegant in my opinion. And of course is POS which has known flaws like 51% attack which XBY doesn't have.

Ripple is centralised massive premined corporate bank owned bullshit....and is horrible to actually use BTW.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:05:23 AM

It started in a really unusual way. There is a big back story to it but simply....There was a scam ICO on CCEX called BITMOX, people worked out it was a scam so among the people scammed was a developer and a marketing guy, they talked and decided to get CCEX to fork the coin and try to do something with the coin to salvage investors money. Well the story continues and in the end the developer realises the old coin is a mess and now is building a side coin. So before they really announced his ideas which supposedly he was fermenting for some time it sat on YOBIT for a week at less than 40 sats, then increased quite a bit in last couple of weeks.

Short answer its basically 100% distributed with 1 scam ICO and then sat on an exchange at very low prices for a week. lol

Ive never seen or invested in anything like it fro good or bad, in terms of tech or community creation. It deserves a look thats all I think.

goes live when ?
on block 1 or ..fuck off  Roll Eyes

Your reply says what now ?
Contradict yourself much ? hahahha

This sounds like one hell of a fucking mess.
And i sure as hell do not trust any coin in history that had a "Community take over"
..such as Monero.

Bitcoin Killer my fucking ass  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:15:51 AM

No ICO
XBY coins were all bought by investors in ICO
Who should I believe? LOL

and we are talking about 650,000,000 coins by the way not just a small amount and all of it is ICO 100%

and listed on Yobit! come on, that is screaming fake pump and it is being fake pumped as a matter of fact.

with that said, i am very interested to know more about CHORDS system can you give me a TLDR ELI5 version.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Fatoshi

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:14:35 AM

No ICO
XBY coins were all bought by investors in ICO
Who should I believe? LOL

and we are talking about 650,000,000 coins by the way not just a small amount and all of it is ICO 100%

and listed on Yobit! come on, that is screaming fake pump and it is being fake pumped as a matter of fact.

with that said, i am very interested to know more about CHORDS system can you give me a TLDR ELI5 version.

You don't get to say something is bullshit and then ask for information. How about you get off your ass and find it yourself, another lazy thinker.

And if you knew anything you would know 99% of the XBY community and the developers hate Yobit and want to get on better exchanges asap. The truth is XBY has been FUD ed and price suppressed since day one on Yobit by scammers. The project is 3 weeks old for fucks sake, you can't jump onto Poloniex that easy.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:29:17 AM

NFD coin started in a similar way. ICO raised 70 BTC and owner ran. New dev team distributed the coins as the scammer left a good ledger of investments.

It ran for a while and then merged with horizon. Not sure what the status of that is now, but I think it is pretty dead.
Fatoshi

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:54:42 AM

NFD coin started in a similar way. ICO raised 70 BTC and owner ran. New dev team distributed the coins as the scammer left a good ledger of investments.

It ran for a while and then merged with horizon. Not sure what the status of that is now, but I think it is pretty dead.

Interesting, maybe the trend now is taking dead coins and doing something with them instead of making a new coin.

To be honest the only connection this project will have in the end to the original ICO is it was part of distribution story. The developer after cleaning up the code decided in the end the original coin was too shit to build his project upon so now we are actually running two blockchains mirroring each other and the old chain will be abandoned. The developer seems pretty competent, susposedly working with Peter Szor at one point. He's also almost completely deaf!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: