Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:31:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help save swepool.net from the 90+ hour block of doom!  (Read 2395 times)
FlyingFlapjack (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 11:01:33 PM

https://swepool.net

It may just be a killer block...

It may also be that somebody is/was doing the thing where they withhold solved blocks just to screw the pool. Why would they do that? Well...swepool.net isn't that big of a pool. It does have a nice fee structure. Otherwise though it doesn't really make any sense for somebody to waste hashing power just to attack a pool. There's nothing rational that could be accomplished, so it's just dickery, if that is what is going on. And it's a very beatable thing with a little help.

In any case, the hash rate was up around 70GHash/s when all was well and normal...but people started jumping off when the block hit ~24 hours and then the difficulty changed...then people saw the rate decreasing and they left too.

Currently they are down to 11.5GHash/s.

In any case, even if you like your current pool, it should be very easy for people now to set up another .bat file, and it's good to have a few pools ready to go. It should take like two minutes to set up.

They have a nice fee structure, nice little setup overall, and they just need to break out of the death spiral they are caught in with the block that isn't being solved and the people jumping off.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 02:43:02 AM

don't you love probability?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Jine

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 01:00:05 PM

Please point out why we/other should use this pool instead of the other non-fee pool's with steady payouts due to higher hashrate?

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
lizthegrey

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 01:24:57 PM

Because some of us stuck with bitcoins.lc when it had a 2 day block of doom when it was starting? That logic leads to the people that helped bitcoins.lc start leaving rather than sticking with it, causing the pool to never take off Smiley
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:27:36 AM

It has been done.

V2-V3

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:10:02 AM

BitClockers.com had hit a 7 day block when it first started but the users stuck it out and the blocks just started flowing out like crazy Smiley

its the name of the game! leaving due to a long block is just not a good idea, as it really hurts the pool.
burger

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 09:28:37 AM

We now have a 487+ hour block of doom =(

Jine

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 06:16:42 PM

Well, if you're still mining with Swepool i think.. you should stop Smiley
It's not worth it. Currently 7Gh - it places Swepool behind the absolutly smallest pools.

kakobrekla

Activity: 714

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:02:23 PM

It's not worth it. Currently 7Gh - it places Swepool behind the absolutly smallest pools.

I am in no way associated with Swepool or any other pool for that matter, but you are an annoying fuck with your stupid trolling posts. Eat shit and die. Thanks

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:49:36 PM

I am in no way associated with Swepool or any other pool for that matter, but you are an annoying fuck with your stupid trolling posts. Eat shit and die. Thanks

No he's right, mining at this difficulty in a 7gh pool is insanity (just look at http://btcpool24.com)
Difficulty increase coming up in a few days which will just make things harder.

There are pools 100 times larger which are already struggling with 20+hour rounds and 8+ million shares,

it will be weeks and months before a tiny pool can overcome a 95 percentile or worse round now
In fact, 35-50 days @ 7ghash for 95-99 percentile
http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/old_calculator.php

During that time difficulty will also rise ~3 times

Quote from: V2-V3
its the name of the game! leaving due to a long block is just not a good idea, as it really hurts the pool.

Would you stick with a pool which would likely get their next block in a month if ever?
Maybe if you're into mining as an ideology rather than something that costs a lot of real money to operate

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Jine

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 03:49:17 AM

I'm sorry that you think so, please send me an PM on what's bothering you and I'll could have that in mind.
I am not here to troll nor make people angry. I'm just trying to helping out the bitcoin community and share knowledge i have in both web development and bitcoin in general.

Sorry, once more.

I would actually like see a lot of deepbit users joining Swepool, it would be fun and good for the community Smiley

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 03:58:04 AM

Variance is a bitch.

-
iopq

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 03:42:09 PM

Variance is a bitch.

it's also proportional, so you get less benefit to yourself when you mine a long block to help out
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: