Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:21:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: x20 Investment Opportunity  (Read 6287 times)
Scuds31091 (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:14:42 PM

ACOIN is currently a $44,000 marketcap coin... putting it pretty far down the list. However, it's hashrate is one of the highest around at #6. It's higher than ETH, LTC, DOGE, DASH, and many other reputable larger marketcap coins. Why would ACOIN have so much mining interest? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine the miners know something that we don't. They wouldn't just waste money mining a coin that they can't sell at a good price right? If I had to make a bet, I think someone is expecting these coins to be way more valuable in the near future. Even if the coin got to just a $1,000,000 marketcap which is very small compared to the other coins with the same hashrate, you're looking at x20 your investment or more at the current price.

Diamond in the rough? I think so. Let me know what you think about this coins situation.

Here is a live list of the coins sorted by hashrate: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency?sort=hashrate&dir=desc

kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:36:57 PM

ACOIN is currently a $44,000 marketcap coin... putting it pretty far down the list. However, it's hashrate is one of the highest around at #6. It's higher than ETH, LTC, DOGE, DASH, and many other reputable larger marketcap coins. Why would ACOIN have so much mining interest? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine the miners know something that we don't. They wouldn't just waste money mining a coin that they can't sell at a good price right? If I had to make a bet, I think someone is expecting these coins to be way more valuable in the near future. Even if the coin got to just a $1,000,000 marketcap which is very small compared to the other coins with the same hashrate, you're looking at x20 your investment or more at the current price.

Diamond in the rough? I think so. Let me know what you think about this coins situation.

Here is a live list of the coins sorted by hashrate: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency?sort=hashrate&dir=desc

Much more a ruby than a diamond. But a good spot, thanks Smiley I will enter with a small amount.
Graph looks promising. It's not like CRW, where you have a great hashrate and free-fall price.

ThomasVeil

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:24:29 AM

Zero development since 3 years?
Looks pretty dead to me.
vlad06

Activity: 537

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:12:05 AM

Can't even find it on any exchanges, where's it at?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:37:11 PM

However, it's hashrate is one of the highest around at #6. It's higher than ETH, LTC, DOGE, DASH, and many other reputable larger marketcap coins. Why would ACOIN have so much mining interest? Correct me if I'm wrong, ...

OK.
I am not a miner, but will correct you.
Do you know that when you mine different algorithms with same computer you get different results?  To get one hash from SHA-256 or Scrypt  you need different computer.

When you compare ACOIN Network Hashrate, please compare it with coins with  SHA-256

And have no ideas why this is a speculation. Well it cloud be deleted altogether.
paramind22

Activity: 2660
Merit: 552

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 02:06:50 PM

Looks pretty dead to me.

This often doesn't matter.  I've gotten behind about five dead coins just in contributing to their threads.  Earthcoin was one of them and it revitalized.  There are over five similar coins today, including XBY and Chesscoin.   Cryptocurrency is about the big coins, sure, but it's
also about how getting behind small coins can create wealth for smart people with good work ethics.

Scuds31091 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 02:14:17 PM

Looks pretty dead to me.

It is an older coin yes, but it isn't abandoned. If you take a look at the ACOIN forum you'll see that a group of people have just put together a new website, fixed up the wallet, working on a new logo, and getting more miners involved. Their goal at the moment is simply to run a "healthy" chain and go from there. It might not be changing the world with a new idea, but I don't think you can call it "dead".

Yobit: https://yobit.net/en/trade/ACOIN/BTC

Cryptopia: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ACOIN_BTC

OK.
Do you know that when you mine different algorithms with same computer you get different results?  To get one hash from SHA-256 or Scrypt  you need different computer.

When you compare ACOIN Network Hashrate, please compare it with coins with  SHA-256

And have no ideas why this is a speculation. Well it cloud be deleted altogether.

That makes sense. I appreciate the feedback. I'm not a miner either and not completely sure how the different hash's work. Using your suggestion. Even if you compare this coin to it's closest ranking SHA-256 coin this is the valuation:

Zetacoin - $728,000

So even if you use that coin as an example... there is still potential to see x18 return on your investment if ACOIN was to reach the marketcap of its comparable SHA-256 coin Zetacoin. Let me know if I'm still missing something. I appreciate the input.

vlad06

Activity: 537

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 02:44:49 PM

Looks pretty dead to me.

It is an older coin yes, but it isn't abandoned. If you take a look at the ACOIN forum you'll see that a group of people have just put together a new website, fixed up the wallet, working on a new logo, and getting more miners involved. Their goal at the moment is simply to run a "healthy" chain and go from there. It might not be changing the world with a new idea, but I don't think you can call it "dead".

Yobit: https://yobit.net/en/trade/ACOIN/BTC

Cryptopia: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ACOIN_BTC

OK.

That makes sense. I appreciate the feedback. I'm not a miner either and not completely sure how the different hash's work. Using your suggestion. Even if you compare this coin to it's closest ranking SHA-256 coin this is the valuation:

Zetacoin - $728,000

So even if you use that coin as an example... there is still potential to see x18 return on your investment if ACOIN was to reach the marketcap of its comparable SHA-256 coin Zetacoin. Let me know if I'm still missing something. I appreciate the input.

It isn't on YoBit? I can't find it on the market.
paramind22

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 02:50:55 PM

This coin is already 0.00001798 on Cryptopia, that's pretty high already.  The other coins I mentioned were under 40 sat or so.  I don't feel safe any more in many coins not in the top 100 unless there is something very good about them, like the speed you mentioned, perhaps. 

Scuds31091 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:02:16 PM

It isn't on YoBit? I can't find it on the market.

This is the link to the yobit market for ACOIN:

https://yobit.net/en/trade/ACOIN/BTC

Otherwise you can type it into the search box on YoBit. The problem is it won't come up atthe top. After you type it in to the search box you have to look down the list a little bit, but it will be there. I bought some ACOIN there... it's on there.

Scuds31091 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:07:03 PM

This coin is already 0.00001798 on Cryptopia, that's pretty high already.  The other coins I mentioned were under 40 sat or so.  I don't feel safe any more in many coins not in the top 100 unless there is something very good about them, like the speed you mentioned, perhaps. 

That's not a good way to look at it. The two coins you mentioned are under 40 sats because they have a HUGE supply of coins. One has 650,000,000 and the other has 53,000,000. ACOIN only has 1,200,000 coins. It's supply is super low making it very rare. This is why the price is higher than the other two coins you mentioned. And because it's an older coin I'm sure a handful of those coins are lost making it even more rare than it already is.

Yanidas

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

The swarm is headed towards us.

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:19:24 PM

That's not a good way to look at it. The two coins you mentioned are under 40 sats because they have a HUGE supply of coins. One has 650,000,000 and the other has 53,000,000. ACOIN only has 1,200,000 coins. It's supply is super low making it very rare. This is why the price is higher than the other two coins you mentioned. And because it's an older coin I'm sure a handful of those coins are lost making it even more rare than it already is.

I think ACOIN has some loyal holders.
dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:18:51 PM

Looks pretty dead to me.

This often doesn't matter.  I've gotten behind about five dead coins just in contributing to their threads.  Earthcoin was one of them and it revitalized.  There are over five similar coins today, including XBY and Chesscoin.   Cryptocurrency is about the big coins, sure, but it's
also about how getting behind small coins can create wealth for smart people with good work ethics.

translation:  It's about trading pink sheets and getting that penny stock at .001 cent, pumping it up to .02, and dumping. :p 
Scuds31091 (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:20:32 PM

Looks pretty dead to me.

translation:  It's about trading pink sheets and getting that penny stock at .001 cent, pumping it up to .02, and dumping. :p 

I would agree with this statement on a lot of coins, but not necessarily ACOIN. This coin has a working wallet with a healthy hashrate supporting the chain. It has been around for quite a while. It's not like Putin or Trump coin or something where it was created just for hype, has a broken wallet, only traded on one site, and gets pumped hard just to dump on other people.

mana6

Activity: 354

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:09:42 AM

Feel the price is very high, not worth the investment.
Scuds31091 (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:19:56 AM

Feel the price is very high, not worth the investment.

You think the price is "very high"? The entire marketcap is $24,000 lol. There are abandoned scam coins with higher value than this legitimate coin. I don't agree at all. I'd like to hear your reasoning.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 03:32:39 AM

I'm not fudding it, I bought a little.

Here is the thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=761818.0

Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:07:45 AM

Acoin is an interesting concept. I like the small supply, so sick of seeing coins with 50 billion supply and devs premining hundreds of millions of coins.
But Im not sure how I feel about the random reward. Will do some more reading and keep an eye on this.

Price has dropped 30%...
But a $24k market cap means there could be a lot of room for growth if there is active development.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/acoin/

Scuds31091 (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:23:08 AM

Acoin is an interesting concept. I like the small supply, so sick of seeing coins with 50 billion supply and devs premining hundreds of millions of coins.
But Im not sure how I feel about the random reward. Will do some more reading and keep an eye on this.

Price has dropped 30%...
But a $24k market cap means there could be a lot of room for growth if there is active development.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/acoin/

I agree. The limited supply coins are enticing compared to these coins with absurd numbers. It did drop 30% which is a pretty good amount, but it's coming after a 400% increase over the last two weeks or so. I'd say that's an overdue healthy correction. Bouncing off 1000 here seems to be promising. I guess we'll see what happens.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 04:25:59 AM

The OP in the announcement thread needs to be updated, like take that old stuff off, and put up an active pool. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: