Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:39:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Trends lower? It's a good thing!  (Read 749 times)
InMotion (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:40:40 PM

Are you frustrated by this picture?

https://i.imgur.com/WigAoYH.png

Don't be! According to this article, decreasing search volume means market stability. Scientists actually used this method to buy/sell stock and forecast bulls/bears behaviour of whole stock market. What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:59:13 PM

/r/Bitcoin users are also stagnant. I think it's just the psychological burnout after the bubble-and-crash. Growth went ballistic for a while and is now reverting to the exponential mean, which means a slowdown where excitement dips. The spurts and lulls even out into normal exponential growth.

This may not last long enough to actually revert before the next rise, though.
BubbleBoy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:57:26 PM

decreasing search volume means market stability.

That may be true in a market driven by fundamentals, not hype. Compared to it's fundamental current use for drugs, donations, bitpay etc. Bitcoin is overvalued 100x-1000x.

For Bitcoin there is no "stability", the most stable 6 month period had about 50% swings. What's true for any bubble is true for bitcoin: when the hypemachine stops and greater fools supply dwindles, the price goes down.

I'm shorting and hopping a new bubble does not explode in the next months. It's a major gamble tough, with bitcoin it always is. I have a cash buffer up to 250$, if price goes higher I'm loosing my shorts.

████
              ▄▄████▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀                  ▀████▄
  ▐███▀                      ▀███▌
 ▐███▀   ████▄  ████  ▄████   ▀███▌
 ████    █████▄ ████ ▄█████    ████
▐███▌    ██████▄████▄██████    ▐███▌
████     ██████████████████     ████
████     ████ ████████ ████     ████
████     ████  ██████  ████     ████
▐███▌    ████   ████   ████    ▐███▌
 ████    ████   ████   ████    ████
 ▐███▄   ████   ████   ████   ▄███▌
  ▐███▄                      ▄███▌
   ▀████▄                  ▄████▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀████▀▀
                ████
MIDEX
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ GET TOKENS ▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM                                # WEB ANN + Bounty <
with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers           > Telegram Facebook Twitter Blog #
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:58:27 PM

That may be true in a market driven by fundamentals, not hype. Compared to it's fundamental use as a currency for drugs, donations, bitpay etc. Bitcoin is overvalued 100x-1000x.

For Bitcoin there is no "stability", the most stable 6 month period had about 50% swings. What's true for any bubble is true for bitcoin: when the hypemachine stops and greater fools supply dwindles, the price goes down.

I'm shorting and hopping a new bubble does not explode in the next months. It's a major gamble tough, with bitcoin it always is. I have a cash buffer up to 250$, after which I'm loosing my shorts.
Where are you shorting?
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:01:29 PM

That may be true in a market driven by fundamentals, not hype. Compared to it's fundamental use as a currency for drugs, donations, bitpay etc. Bitcoin is overvalued 100x-1000x.

I'm shorting and hopping a new bubble does not explode in the next months. It's a major gamble tough, with bitcoin it always is. I have a cash buffer up to 250$, if price goes higher I'm loosing my shorts.

Good luck with that short lol.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 03:12:50 PM

lets recap:

some smaller exchanges fucked up
banks starting to refuse business with exchanges
press interest depreciating
SR under sustained attack
gox still goxxing

So all in all price has decoupled from fundamentals and the suckers rally lost momentum. A good thing! :
LOL Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: