Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:38:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless or is it?  (Read 12780 times)
Siki773

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:54:32 PM

Well you gotta take note that in some countrys there are litterally BTC ATM's and you can actually buy something with it so i would say it really is a real currency.If you dont think it is just wait for more ppl to accept it and see
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:20:03 PM

How can something worth too much be useless?
I can't really understand it just because of the transaction fee being high that doesn't really mean that it is useless.
People here are shortsighted ~ just because the higher fees are burning through their faucet/captcha earnings (which took them days to collect), Bitcoin has no more use for them, and thus its useless.

It's their twisted and toxic form of logic. If you globally look at the people who are complaining about the higher fees, then the faucet/captcha farmers account for the largest part.

People for once should stop wasting their days earning a few satoshis here and there. In order to move that dust, a fee that likely is more than double in quantity needs to be included, otherwise it will never confirm.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:43:26 PM

The fees for transactions is so high that if you make a low transaction, it will be as even equal to the amount that is to be transacted, I have faced such in coinbase more often.
Those fee depend on lots of things specially size of your bitcoin transaction rather than the amount you are transacting. However It is true that bitcoin is not suitable right now for micro transactions but I am quite sure that bitcoin will be cheapest and fastest way to move our money again after activation of segwit on this august.

I wish that we get a positive result from this upcoming segwit event.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:02:34 PM

I wish that we get a positive result from this upcoming segwit event.
I am quite confident that segwit will bring positive result because it is the only viable solution right now to solve all block size related debates we have for years.

doomloop

Activity: 2324
Merit: 582

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:51:46 AM

Bitcoin is indeed very convenient to use on the Internet, but for me the main thing not it. The main thing for me is freedom of choice. The man himself can decide in what country to make money and how to manage them. Everybody needs freedom, and hence bitcoin is needed.
Bitcoin is growing fast now and can be used outside the internet circles which makes it useful than ever before. Bitcoin fees are still cheaper as compared to other well known  remittance services which makes it the preferred mode of payment by many today.

I do agree with you mate, bitcoin is still growing even with its current state. Bitcoin now is more convenient to use than other remittance services like you just said and the other reason for that is the time utility, and every utility which business has to offer, its easy to use, its convenient, and its less hassle for those who doesn't have a time to go elsewhere.
well you are right that bitcoin is increasing its price every day instead of decreasing it has become more easy and more convenient with the development and improving of the using procedure  of the bitcoin so it is now more easy to use than before.

magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:18:12 PM

indeed. The low transaction fee's are a lie now. better to buy your pizza with real money or pay more with BTC.

Can anyone tell me for whom those fee's are, and why they are rising?
Yes that's a wonderful question, I'm also getting curious about that fee. On the first time it was just okay but as time goes by the fees are getting high. I wonder where that fees goes, the last time I checked, bitcoins are decentralized. Where does that goes? Can you tell me where?
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:37:31 PM

How can something worth too much be useless?
I can't really understand it just because of the transaction fee being high that doesn't really mean that it is useless.
You are right, bitcoins is just not good for transaction of small payment because of the fees sending
but bitcoins is still good to be considered as digital asset or digital gold,
bitcoins is still useful, it is just not good for be currency especially for small amount of transaction
let's wait until the activation segwit2x on bitcoin's network sounds can fix this problem.
An1ks

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:19:30 PM

People were thinking that bitcoin is useless 4 years ago.
Look at them now Cheesy
ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:14:20 PM

With transaction costs rising above $1 the original promise of cheap remittance using Bitcoin is officially dead. Without utility Bitcoin use is limited to speculation only and even further what is there to speculate about?

I would like to debate this and gauge the community's response to Bitcoin experiment.

This post has to be the stupidest  I've come across on this forum. even with the increased fees, bitcoins is still cheaper than most money transfer instruments. For tiny amount, it may not be ideal if compared to paypal or skrill, both those are centralized and can decide to keep your money with no recourse to you. I expect the fee issue to resolved at some point.
BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:19:41 PM

How could bitcoin be useless? As long as is the strongest cryptocurrency with highest value, as long as you can trade it or buy and sell stuff for it it will not be useless. So I don't think bitcoin is just experiment, it's much more.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:32:28 PM

Look at them now Cheesy
umm you are very much right here that bitcoin is a kind of currency in which people invest happily and confidently and with each investment the price of bitcoin increases so! Bitcoin can never get down infect bitcoin is being more and more safe and secure so the future of bitcoin is very high and  it will never get down.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:55:12 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 05:17:49 AM by Gameroid

indeed. The low transaction fee's are a lie now. better to buy your pizza with real money or pay more with BTC.

Yes that's a wonderful question, I'm also getting curious about that fee. On the first time it was just okay but as time goes by the fees are getting high. I wonder where that fees goes, the last time I checked, bitcoins are decentralized. Where does that goes? Can you tell me where?
although still people are giving priority to bitcoin but for most of the time they use it for big transaction, while while for small translation people try to avoid because of the high transaction fee. i think this problem should be solve so that we can becoming able to purchase small items through online shopping for example it is really cost too much to topup our mobile, some time the transaction fee is more than the recharge amount.
bs.glory

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:59:13 PM

"Digital money such as BTC will only match the attributes of physical cash if there are major advances in the ease, cost and certainty with which digital transactions are handled. In particular there will need to be considerable progress in the following areas: verification, confidentiality, ease of use, interoperability and reliability – throughout the entire transaction chain."

Obviously, BTC is not useless. Everything has a purpose. That is an excerpt from my all time favorite PDF for moneys Cheesy
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:02:48 PM

1. International money transfer,
2. for keep money,
3. gambling,
4. pay for internet service,
5. pay to freelancers it foreign countries

oktana

Activity: 1638
Merit: 288

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 09:12:13 PM

Decentralization includes many parties, which we need to know is the need for exchange services and many miners to help us transact, this doesn't change the decentralization element, high fee depends on the price level and mempoll depth.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:27:57 PM

Look at them now Cheesy
I am sure no one in the right sense would think that bitcoin was useless in 2013 if that is what you are telling,if you are getting a valuation for a product how can that be useless and how would anyone think like that,so everyone who understand the technology and understand the impact it can make will understand the true value of bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
killgald

Activity: 244

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:32:52 PM

Look at them now Cheesy
I am sure no one in the right sense would think that bitcoin was useless in 2013 if that is what you are telling,if you are getting a valuation for a product how can that be useless and how would anyone think like that,so everyone who understand the technology and understand the impact it can make will understand the true value of bitcoin.
Chick the last 3 years of evolution of bitcoin in the cryptocurrenci, his value go to the sky in relationship of 4 years ago and maybe it will continued to incrised his value.

Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:40:58 PM

Bitcoin is a money and money can never be useless and if you think that its useless then even fiat is useless but I don't think that any user of bitcoin will consider it as a useless as its helping all of us in best ways and also taking care of our expenses.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
hyunee

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:51:03 PM

Bitcoin is not that really popular in our country. But we can exchange bitcoin in Philippine peso. It is not useless as you can use it, I believe such sites can accept bitcoins as their payment for their access. Bitcoin is versatile  when it comes to its usage.
clearcrystal

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:34:42 AM

Bitcoin is very useful for the new generation customers to reduce their presence while doing transactions as people are eligible to do digital money exchange between two Bitcoin wallets. At first, I didn't believe and don't care about Bitcoin technology. After some days, I heard that my friend was invested and earn money. Then, research about that and invested. I will use my bitcoins for transactions purpose only. If the value is more, then I will sell or use for my new business.

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: