Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:18:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is useless or is it?  (Read 12780 times)
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:57:57 AM

Bitcoin is not useless, because using bitcoin more unemployed people were got job using bitcoin. Moreover bitcoin help all level of people in different countries to have an income.
Forhadm

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:09:15 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 02:30:10 PM by Forhadm

Yes bitcoin is unless if you do not work at right position or if you do not maintain their link rule & regulation .then we think its unless.
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:11:39 PM

Bitcoin is not useless, because using bitcoin more unemployed people were got job using bitcoin. Moreover bitcoin help all level of people in different countries to have an income.

Of course bitcoin certain is not useless and I can defend it because it actually gives us a good sources of financial freedom. That job being provided to us by bitcoin really brings better life to us, and the unemployed people wull just prefer earning better rather than employed ones. If all people around the world will gain positive visions, I think they will develop that attitude of being hardworking for bitcoins.
YOYOY

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:28:34 PM

It's not useless and the reason also why the fees are increasing is because the bitcoin also is increasing in it price that's how it is mate. And, further to what you complain about the fees maybe we should wait with some further advancement of the incoming Segwit this !st of August it will be tackled I think right there the fees if it will increased there but with a higher effect that it would be faster because of the many blockchain slow transactions.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:42:01 PM

It depends on the user who uses it, and in my opinion very few due to the lack of understanding about the goodness of bitcoin describe bitcoin as useless. More users at the beginning of digital currency usage doesn't believe in its potential, but the time gives the real answer to it and make people trust in it and make further investments.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
jerlen17

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:52:06 PM

Definitely bitcoin is not useless, nowadays more people used bitcoins to buy their needs and wants in different country. Actually many of us here earned bitcoin in joining signature campaign, bounty and trading.. So i am pretty sure that the bitcoin is very useful and helpful to everyone.
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 03:17:56 PM

Well considering I just purchased some printer ink to be delivered to my door I would say it certainly is very useful. I have bought a heat gun diablo3 overwatch boxed editions. I have bought art supplies and electronics. I have even paid for PC parts with Bitcoin. So yes it works it's fast an amazing. It's much wuxker then paying by bank and way less of s headache.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 03:21:41 PM

Definitely bitcoin is not useless, nowadays more people used bitcoins to buy their needs and wants in different country. Actually many of us here earned bitcoin in joining signature campaign, bounty and trading.. So i am pretty sure that the bitcoin is very useful and helpful to everyone.
OP was talking specifically about paying high fees for a low value transaction.
After reading your answer, I do not get the impression that you've even read the first post of this thread.

Also, this thread was made a while ago when transaction fees were a lot higher than they are now.

Kelvinid

Activity: 2828
Merit: 344

win lambo...

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:27:42 PM

I agree.Bitcoin has become so much useful nowadays.Since people are already expose to cryptocurrencies right now,then having bitcoin  is the best choice.Bitcoin from the start prove to me that it's more than fiat money,it can be a source of your retirement in the future.It can really change someone's lifestyle.I believe bitcoin had helped everyone especially those who are in the state of poverty.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:31:09 PM

indeed. The low transaction fee's are a lie now. better to buy your pizza with real money or pay more with BTC.

Can anyone tell me for whom those fee's are, and why they are rising?

The fees are being paid to miners to process transactions. The higher the volume of transactions the more effort is required to process, minres are motivated to process transactions that carry a higher fee first. This triggers a cascading effect, if a user what a transaction to be processed sooner he has to pay more.

In the traditional processing model, processing fees go down with volume. Users and acquirers work with a predictable pricing structure. Acquirers compete with each other driving making fees more competitive for merchants. Bitcoin turned this upside down and made users compete with each other. I believe this is not sustainable.
Exactly its because miners also need to earn porfit on their job. The higher the fee that you have paid the fastest its transaction will be. So if you paid for a low transaction fee then it may take long time or even day before it process.
rifatrony5

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:47:55 PM

Really!
What a joke yrr!!
when I am sending 100 dollars to a friend it wants to pay 2.30 dollars to get it sent with "hope" to get it there in under one hour!
doomloop

Activity: 2324
Merit: 582

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:42:50 PM

bitcoin is really very useful for all the price of the bitcoin is increasing day by day and it will increase in some days today the price of the bitcoin is suffering from a little dump but it will maintain its position soon if it is down today it will increase and will take the user to the high position again so bitcoin is a useful currency it is never been useless.

ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:36:31 PM

bitcoin is not useless, it is the simplest way to do transactions, and its value, thoug volatile, is always getting higher, you can make a fortune from bitcoin if you know how to invest it.
nagobinga

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:14:33 PM

Bitcoin is very useful for me but do not know bitcoin for others ,, because of the bitcoin now my life so changed, farther than yesterday, lucky i can get to know bitcoin.
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:31:19 PM

indeed. The low transaction fee's are a lie now. better to buy your pizza with real money or pay more with BTC.

The fees are being paid to miners to process transactions. The higher the volume of transactions the more effort is required to process, minres are motivated to process transactions that carry a higher fee first. This triggers a cascading effect, if a user what a transaction to be processed sooner he has to pay more.

In the traditional processing model, processing fees go down with volume. Users and acquirers work with a predictable pricing structure. Acquirers compete with each other driving making fees more competitive for merchants. Bitcoin turned this upside down and made users compete with each other. I believe this is not sustainable.
Exactly its because miners also need to earn porfit on their job. The higher the fee that you have paid the fastest its transaction will be. So if you paid for a low transaction fee then it may take long time or even day before it process.
This is reason make me worry about the future of Bitcoin, because if we want have a currency community fair and not corrupt, the issue high fees need solve soon. It look like as we spend our money for bribery miner helps our transaction confirm earlier than other transaction hash on network.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:24:32 PM

This is reason make me worry about the future of Bitcoin, because if we want have a currency community fair and not corrupt, the issue high fees need solve soon. It look like as we spend our money for bribery miner helps our transaction confirm earlier than other transaction hash on network.
i am hopeful that all the issues related to bitcoin will be solve very soon. in fact bitcoin is not going to be useless so soon. but i am sure that people will continue using bitcoin for a number of reasons, currency people are using bitcoin for investment and for trading, while in futures it is expected that people will continue using it for shopping not only for online shopping but will also use it for shopping in their local shops but i think that it will take some more time.
TropicalDog17

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:20:36 AM

With transaction costs rising above $1 the original promise of cheap remittance using Bitcoin is officially dead. Without utility Bitcoin use is limited to speculation only and even further what is there to speculate about?

I would like to debate this and gauge the community's response to Bitcoin experiment.
Yes, i costs alot of money to transact small money. I have changed my default currency to another altcoin. Hope in future dev can find way to fix that problem
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:31:05 AM

With transaction costs rising above $1 the original promise of cheap remittance using Bitcoin is officially dead. Without utility Bitcoin use is limited to speculation only and even further what is there to speculate about?

I would like to debate this and gauge the community's response to Bitcoin experiment.
Yes, i costs alot of money to transact small money. I have changed my default currency to another altcoin. Hope in future dev can find way to fix that problem

I don't know why people are complaining with the fees, I will admit it is really a big fee but I don't think that it needs to be complained. With the high price of bitcoin now, it is really obvious.

If you are having a hard time with this fees, I suggest you avoid making transactions with a small amount especially when you're coins to be transacted are equal to the miner's fee.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Aleya

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:46:16 AM

Bitcoin is not useless, it is a decentralized digital currency or so-called electronic currency. Bitcoins themselves are not as bad as people think. Previously not involved in transactions I also believe bitcoin is virtual currency. But now I have a more accurate view of bitcoin. I believe bitcoin.

I agree with him. It,s impossible, because bitcoin is too much trusted currency . Now, in the world the popularity of bitcoin is so much. It is a part of life at most 30% people. It is a virtual currency. So people trust it so much. I believe that the future of bitcoin is bright. I love Bitcoin.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:51:08 AM

Bitcoin is on the rise and it isn't useless at all, especially for those who are out of work and rely on Bitcoin as a day to day income. Many of us have been priced out or kicked out of the traditional job market and without Bitcoin a lot of us would be lost by the way side.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █