Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:27:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin with Raspberry Pi  (Read 17744 times)
rupy (OP)

Activity: 725
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:38:42 PM

I'm just adding tutorials on how to build stuff for the RPi here:

Here's BFGMiner for ASICMiner/BFL:

> sudo apt-get install autoconf libtool libncurses-dev yasm curl libcurl4-openssl-dev pkg-config git libjansson-dev uthash-dev
> git clone git://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer.git bfgminer
> cd bfgminer
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make

> ./bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O user:pass -S icarus:/dev/ttyUSB0

I'm going to try and run both my SC 60GH on one RPi, will be interesting to see if it works!

Sorry about the necro and bit offtopic, but my win7 machine suddenly can't mine with the Monarches any more, but my RPi 2 with this works fine!

100% dunno why, the win machine spouts:

Code:
[2015-06-11 19:34:43] BFL 0aa: Failed to send queue
[2015-06-11 19:34:43] BFL 0aa: Received unexpected queue result response:
[2015-06-11 19:34:43] BFL 0aa: Error: Get temp returned empty string/timed out

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
cryptotipz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:10:30 PM

btc on the raspberry pi is very slow and laggy compared to a normal laptop. Only run lightweight wallets on the raspberry pi.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:31:39 AM

btc on the raspberry pi is very slow and laggy compared to a normal laptop. Only run lightweight wallets on the raspberry pi.

I think he said it's working fine on his pi2 and failing on windoze.

@rupy, I know nothing of windows, can't help you.  But as you said, since this thread is about bitcoin on raspberry pi, maybe you should start a new thread.
cryptotipz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:53:20 AM

@rupy, I know nothing of windows, can't help you.  But as you said, since this thread is about bitcoin on raspberry pi, maybe you should start a new thread.

it keeps crashing on mine tho :/, running latest raspbian
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:42:23 AM

Right, I sholuld admit, I saw a post from gmaxwell in another thread talking about how bitcoin-core is probably not going to run well even on the pi2.  This is above and beyond all the disk writes to your sandisk.  I haven't tried it myself.  Out of curiosity, though, what's the error you're getting on the crash?
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:01:53 AM

Right, I sholuld admit, I saw a post from gmaxwell in another thread talking about how bitcoin-core is probably not going to run well even on the pi2.  This is above and beyond all the disk writes to your sandisk.  I haven't tried it myself.  Out of curiosity, though, what's the error you're getting on the crash?
I saw people running Bitcoin Core in Pi Ver. B with no issue but a hard drive have to be attached. The write speed of SD cards are very slow depending on your grade. You can easily attached it to a old hard disk with sufficient space though. You can try a few commands to reduce the load. The minimum requirement of Bitcoin Core should be around 1GB.

bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:15:05 AM

I saw people running Bitcoin Core in Pi Ver. B with no issue but a hard drive have to be attached. The write speed of SD cards are very slow depending on your grade. You can easily attached it to a old hard disk with sufficient space though. You can try a few commands to reduce the load. The minimum requirement of Bitcoin Core should be around 1GB.

Alternatively, you can use a board which supports mSATA like the Banana Pi or Hummingboard, which enables you to plug in an mSATA SSD for more storage. SSDs are very cheap now compared to the earlier years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: