Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:29:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TheFreeMarket - Launch (est) 21st June 2013 [BTC/LTC/PPC]  (Read 2220 times)
flubbr

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:21:01 AM

I'm interested in this new market as well. I have used the Silk Road extensively, only on the buyer side, and throughout my time there, noticed a handful of things that I didn't like.

Reading through the first post, it seems like The Free Market intends to address most of my complaints about Silk Road. I really hope that some established vendors from other TOR marketplaces take a chance with The Free Market as I believe this new marketplace has potential.

Although it is fairly similar to other TOR marketplaces, I believe that another marketplace, with some innovative new features, can only be a good thing.

I've always felt that an online revolution is coming, with the anonymity of TOR, and the implementation of another marketplace only adds to this.

I support The Free Market.

Smiley
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:31:09 AM

Why are you restricting firearms sales?
TheFreeMarket (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:21:33 AM

If we could viably ensure/trust that the buyer would use the firearm/gun for something other than bringing harm to another human being then we would not restrict this type of item, however it would be impossible for us to do so, hence the restriction. Its not an issue with the gun/firearm itself.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:58:58 AM

If we could viably ensure/trust that the buyer would use the firearm/gun for something other than bringing harm to another human being then we would not restrict this type of item, however it would be impossible for us to do so, hence the restriction. Its not an issue with the gun/firearm itself.

No drugs then either!
TheFreeMarket (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:10:50 PM

No drugs then either!

They are not restricted, chemical weapons are naturally restricted.

If someone wishes to purchase and use a substance that will alter their own body or mind, that is the decision of the buyer.
If people wish to buy weapons there are other platforms available to purchase them with Bitcoin online.
intellivision

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:17:38 AM

We are not a direct clone of other sites offering an "anonymous marketplace". We are aiming to build on the original idea.

You are a direct clone, you just offer alt-coins, and Atlantis does that already and they are failing. Did you do any research into the marketplace? I am guessing not the reason Silk Road works is cause of trust that has been built up for over 2 years.

As stated above you are a bit of a troll

I am the troll, yet everyone in this thread agreed with me, think about it.

All you have done is criticise without offering as much as a shed of help. You've even started to spread FUD by stating that it's insecure when there's no evidence to back up that claim.
You are a troll, and you've been ignored.
That's one very small improvement, but still an improvement, yes or no? We do have many more that will improve the user experience for both the buyer and vendor.

Also what is your opinion on increasing the accessibility? Any feedback is good feedback if it is constructive.

Every new venture is an uphill battle, that we do not deny but one battle we shall enjoy taking on  Wink

LMAO so if I built a Satoshi Dice clone and gave some prices in local currencies that is an "improvement" but still a direct copy of Satoshi Dice.

Accessibility isn't an issue thou so I have no opinion about it, since your dealing with contraband items those people have only one option to do it thru tor, or not.

Every new venture is an uphill battle but if you don't see your a direct clone your going to have a big battle in that space, against a big whale "Silk Road". Look at Atlantis same concept and it is failing, so yeah I doubt you win this battle. 

As stated a small improvement on that part of the concept and one of many changes that makes us different.

With regards to TOR being the only option, agreed however taking steps out of the process to help the average person discover a broader world is for the better. Instead of "download tor, find the domain, ensure its the correct domain, connect and browse" how about, go to the same torrent site I always use search TheFreeMarket Official (We already have these accounts registered) download their app/browser click and go.

I think that your market would hold a better chance if it offered services on both Tor and i2p since no one offers any services on the latter yet. Namecoin through Tor and i2p might be an option, but I don't know if it would fit into your proposed plans.
Also adding support for other popular alt coins such as Freicoin and Feathercoin would increase the potential market for your store.
I also think that Atlantis was a far better marketplace than Silk Road in terms of design and speed even though it hasn't taken up due to lack of knowledge, if you make something better you should market it heavily in all spaces you can.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:29:55 AM

We are not a direct clone of other sites offering an "anonymous marketplace". We are aiming to build on the original idea.

You are a direct clone, you just offer alt-coins, and Atlantis does that already and they are failing. Did you do any research into the marketplace? I am guessing not the reason Silk Road works is cause of trust that has been built up for over 2 years.

As stated above you are a bit of a troll

I am the troll, yet everyone in this thread agreed with me, think about it.

All you have done is criticise without offering as much as a shed of help. You've even started to spread FUD by stating that it's insecure when there's no evidence to back up that claim.
You are a troll, and you've been ignored.

Thank you for ignoring me and necrothreading Smiley Also should I just give him business ideas? I am not using his platform I could care less if he succeeds or not but I am not giving out good ideas to someone that clearly didn't know how to run a site. Hence why this never took off. Also their was evidence he had no clue on how to secure it.
intellivision

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:53:23 AM

Also should I just give him business ideas? I am not using his platform I could care less if he succeeds or not but I am not giving out good ideas to someone that clearly didn't know how to run a site.

So what you're saying is that you could actually benefit someone else, yet you're not going to because you have personal beef with anything other than Bitcoin and Silk Road?
How can you be so petty?
Do Alt's scare you?

I'll also point out that you stated that his site was insecure.
Where's the proof?
You made the claim, burden of proof is on you, unless of course you're FUDing.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:18:13 AM

Also should I just give him business ideas? I am not using his platform I could care less if he succeeds or not but I am not giving out good ideas to someone that clearly didn't know how to run a site.

So what you're saying is that you could actually benefit someone else, yet you're not going to because you have personal beef with anything other than Bitcoin and Silk Road?
How can you be so petty?
Do Alt's scare you?

I'll also point out that you stated that his site was insecure.
Where's the proof?
You made the claim, burden of proof is on you, unless of course you're FUDing.

Wait I thought you ignored me? Why you talking to me, I am ignored.

No personal beef, but why should I give out good ideas LMAO and help someone that called me a troll? Now that is stupid.

Yes alts scare me so much, that is why I have devcoins and litecoins. Wink

Actually security falls under that the owner should prove it to us, until then I label them insecure Wink Or at least explanation of what they are doing, all they said was"being taken care of and not to worry. Not very comforting to me.

Also again why you talking to me I thought you ignored me? Can you go back to ignoring me Smiley thank you!
intellivision

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:27:47 AM

I like to stop those spreading needless FUD around and call out those trolls where possible. Just because you think you're better doesn't make you any less of a troll Wink
I'll even ignore an ignore to get that point across Wink
Just to let you know, that's not how burden of proof works. Where's your proof for these insecurities?
I'm still waiting for citations or a retraction, since those are the only options you really have if you want to remain factually correct.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:34:45 AM

I like to stop those spreading needless FUD around and call out those trolls where possible. Just because you think you're better doesn't make you any less of a troll Wink
I'll even ignore an ignore to get that point across Wink
Just to let you know, that's not how burden of proof works. Where's your proof for these insecurities?
I'm still waiting for citations or a retraction, since those are the only options you really have if you want to remain factually correct.

Security

Security and confidence is the most important factor when it comes to sending crypto coins anywhere. That is why we have implemented several security features in the backend of The FreeMarket to ensure that if any vulnerability are discovered and exploited by someone with ill intent, damage is confined and recoverable.

We could launch the site 2 weeks earlier than planned but we wouldn't have time to test all aspects of the website and its security features. We will not launch early just to get launched for the sake of launching either early or on time without all of our testing being completed.
There is not a single wallet held on our webserver, they are all held on separate servers to ensure the highest possible level of security for everyone’s coins.

We fully understand that most websites are not perfect, so to ensure that if vulnerabilities are discovered they get reported to us, we shall be offering high bounties and a hall of fame listing to anyone that finds vulnerabilities or major bugs within our systems. These bounties are set based on the level of the vulnerability found and the potential consequences. We will have a mirror of the website with dummy data listed for people to attack at their leisure to try and discover vulnerabilities. Anyone wanting to obtain the .onion address for the testing site you can request this information through our support system on the main website.

For peace of mind we suggest that you do not keep large balances on you FreeMarket account until you have established trust of both our systems and The FreeMarket team. We understand trust and respect is not a given it is something that we must earn over time.

This talks about no security steps taken, it just basically says don't leave large amount of coins on the server. So basically that means it is insecure cause, it should clearly say what and how about security steps.

By the way, no FUD Wink
intellivision

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:48:53 AM

Security

Security and confidence is the most important factor when it comes to sending crypto coins anywhere. That is why we have implemented several security features in the backend of The FreeMarket to ensure that if any vulnerability are discovered and exploited by someone with ill intent, damage is confined and recoverable.

We could launch the site 2 weeks earlier than planned but we wouldn't have time to test all aspects of the website and its security features. We will not launch early just to get launched for the sake of launching either early or on time without all of our testing being completed.
There is not a single wallet held on our webserver, they are all held on separate servers to ensure the highest possible level of security for everyone’s coins.

We fully understand that most websites are not perfect, so to ensure that if vulnerabilities are discovered they get reported to us, we shall be offering high bounties and a hall of fame listing to anyone that finds vulnerabilities or major bugs within our systems. These bounties are set based on the level of the vulnerability found and the potential consequences. We will have a mirror of the website with dummy data listed for people to attack at their leisure to try and discover vulnerabilities. Anyone wanting to obtain the .onion address for the testing site you can request this information through our support system on the main website.

For peace of mind we suggest that you do not keep large balances on you FreeMarket account until you have established trust of both our systems and The FreeMarket team. We understand trust and respect is not a given it is something that we must earn over time.

This talks about no security steps taken, it just basically says don't leave large amount of coins on the server. So basically that means it is insecure cause, it should clearly say what and how about security steps.

By the way, no FUD Wink

Actually it discusses how there's no Escrow at this point in time and users would have to have mutual trust until  such a service could be implemented, tested then released.
In fact it goes through how testing is the main factor holding the project from launching right now.

And your argument is still based on the false, one might say elementary assumption, that an absence of proof is proof in itself. If you took that argument to court, you'd lose if you were in front of a judge Wink
If you can garner some hard evidence of security issues, then come back and present them.
Until then, all you're doing at the moment is defamation and spreading FUD.
You should add those two to your resume too, your clients should know how professional your conduct is Smiley
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:55:58 AM

Security

By the way, no FUD Wink

Actually it discusses how there's no Escrow at this point in time and users would have to have mutual trust until  such a service could be implemented, tested then released.
In fact it goes through how testing is the main factor holding the project from launching right now.

And your argument is still based on the false, one might say elementary assumption, that an absence of proof is proof in itself. If you took that argument to court, you'd lose if you were in front of a judge Wink
If you can garner some hard evidence of security issues, then come back and present them.
Until then, all you're doing at the moment is defamation and spreading FUD.
You should add those two to your resume too, your clients should know how professional your conduct is Smiley

Your starting to be annoying, so do you want me to hack it and prove that it is insecure, well that isn't happening. This isn't court, and if I say it is insecure, then it is insecure that is how it goes. There is no trust in that team, they have an onion address which makes less trust, which in the case of torwallet or onionwallet, makes it an easy scam. I like how you find a thread that is dead, bring it back and tell me how your going to ignore me, now your here just saying "Your spreading FUD" which I clearly never did. Thank you sir, but go back to ignoring me, I hate when newbies get big balls. Just cause you feel like you got to make a name for self by trying to disapprove something the community agreed on, then have fun, but I am done here.
intellivision

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:05:08 AM

Your starting to be annoying, so do you want me to hack it and prove that it is insecure, well that isn't happening. This isn't court, and if I say it is insecure, then it is insecure that is how it goes. There is no trust in that team, they have an onion address which makes less trust, which in the case of torwallet or onionwallet, makes it an easy scam. I like how you find a thread that is dead, bring it back and tell me how your going to ignore me, now your here just saying "Your spreading FUD" which I clearly never did. Thank you sir, but go back to ignoring me, I hate when newbies get big balls. Just cause you feel like you got to make a name for self by trying to disapprove something the community agreed on, then have fun, but I am done here.

You're missing the point.
You spread FUD by stating a claim without any evidence to back it up.
You made a false accusation and that doesn't reflect well on you or any projects that your name may be attached to.
And by the way, user gweedo is not the community.

If you would like to present some evidence to back up your claim, I'll be waiting. If not, I'll note you down as a person who spreads defamatory and false material Smiley
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:07:08 AM

You're missing the point.
You spread FUD by stating a claim without any evidence to back it up.
You made a false accusation and that doesn't reflect well on you or any projects that your name may be attached to.
And by the way, user gweedo is not the community.

If you would like to present some evidence to back up your claim, I'll be waiting. If not, I'll note you down as a person who spreads defamatory and false material Smiley

LMAO and I care what you think because? I just told you my reason and you didn't think it was good enough so that isn't my problem that is your problem. The rest of the people in this thread agreed and I could care less about what some newbie thinks, go run along.
intellivision

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:27:13 AM

LMAO and I care what you think because? I just told you my reason and you didn't think it was good enough so that isn't my problem that is your problem. The rest of the people in this thread agreed and I could care less about what some newbie thinks, go run along.

Only three others said they didn't have any interest, with the rest in support or offering ideas to improve to this project, so that's another thing you're blatantly lying about Smiley
In fact more users were calling you a troll than who actually agreed with you, just saying Wink

And the fact that you're still replying shows you still care, not to mention that this is all being stored in the forum for others to see your false claims and your behaviour.
Needless to say this would all look great if someone was seeking your (not so) professional services.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:30:54 AM

Two others said they didn't have any interest, with the rest in support or offering ideas to improve to this project, so that's another thing you're blatantly lying about Smiley
In fact more users were calling you a troll than who actually agreed with you, just saying Wink

And the fact that you're still replying shows you still care, not to mention that this is all being stored in the forum for others to see your false claims and your behaviour.
Needless to say this would all look great if someone was seeking your (not so) professional services.

No I just think it is funny, you actually read this entire thread, but whatever, I guess I have too many things going on to care. Just move your mouse to the ignore button and click it Wink

Also I don't care about my professional service, I actually code cause I love it, not cause I need too. I am a millionaire because of bitcoins and could care less, I do it cause I like it. Smiley
intellivision

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:40:11 AM

No I just think it is funny, you actually read this entire thread, but whatever, I guess I have too many things going on to care. Just move your mouse to the ignore button and click it Wink

Also I don't care about my professional service, I actually code cause I love it, not cause I need too. I am a millionaire because of bitcoins and could care less, I do it cause I like it. Smiley

So you actually find it funny that I did research into an area where you did none and call you out for a false remark?
Wow, you must have a pretty great sense of humour.
And it's great that you don't really see your programming as a professional avenue, as stuff like lying and spreading false rumours is usually looked down upon and has a habit of negatively impacting a business.

But it's good to know that you have an ample supply of Bitcoins left over so such an impact would leave you completely unscathed, even if this news were to spread around. Wink

But still though, you're still posting and it's great to see that you care so much about sticking to your false claims Smiley
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:42:30 AM

So you actually find it funny that I did research into an area where you did none and call you out for a false remark?
Wow, you must have a pretty great sense of humour.
And it's great that you don't really see your programming as a professional avenue, as stuff like lying and spreading false rumours is usually looked down upon and has a habit of negatively impacting a business.

But it's good to know that you have an ample supply of Bitcoins left over so such an impact would leave you completely unscathed, even if this news were to spread around. Wink

But still though, you're still posting and it's great to see that you care so much about sticking to your false claims Smiley

I have proven that it is insecure what do you want me to do break into their servers? That is illegal and I am not doing that, so it isn't false claims it is just that you don't believe the facts I shown, that is ok.
intellivision

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:49:54 AM

I have proven that it is insecure what do you want me to do break into their servers? That is illegal and I am not doing that, so it isn't false claims it is just that you don't believe the facts I shown, that is ok.

All you've done is show how they're testing their escrow service and until it's been released users will have to depend on peer trust.
You haven't actually shown how the site is insecure.
And no, I'm not asking you to break the law, what I am asking you to do is either come up with evidence or retract your false statements.
By the way, this discussion isn't doing the best for your street cred Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: