Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:36:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What methods are there to withdraw from MtGox without verification?  (Read 6160 times)
BinaryMage (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:39:22 PM

I have a MtGox account (about a year old) that I had used a bit upon opening it but not much until recently, when I deposited around 40 BTC, conducted some trades, and now have (about) 52 BTC.

Unfortunately, my joy was dampened significantly upon discovering that I am now seemingly unable to withdraw this balance via any means I can find; even upon attempt of Bitcoin withdrawals as low as 0.01 BTC, the system returns an "Account Pending Review - Please Verify" (paraphrased) error. My "Funding Options" page lists daily withdrawal limits as 100 BTC / 1000 USD, as it always has, but this seems not to be reflected in my actual ability to withdraw funds.

I have never channeled large amounts of funds through this account, I only possess one account, and I have never accessed it through Tor.

As I have no desire to verify due to privacy concerns, I'm curious as to what methods, if any, exist for withdrawing funds from an unverified account, preferably ones that do not take too long.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dwolfman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 05:04:22 PM

I was under the impression that so long as you were moving amounts less than what you showed (100 BTC), that there was no further verification needed for Bitcoin transfers.

I've been moving Bitcoins in and out of my account for the last couple months no problem, but I've never had more than 1 BTC total anyway.

I would say an email to MtGox support is in order.  :-)

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:49:11 PM

You should have verified yourself BEFORE conducting ANY sort of transaction on Mt. Gox. Always do the paperwork beforehand so that you don't get any surprises later on. Now you can either jump through hoops to verify yourself or cut your losses. I bet you'll choose the former regardless of your privacy concerns.
dwolfman

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 07:54:28 PM

Thing is I'm not verified, and I can still move Bitcoins in and out.  Maybe something happened with his account that triggered it?

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:56:16 PM

Thing is I'm not verified, and I can still move Bitcoins in and out.  Maybe something happened with his account that triggered it?

Irrelevant. He needs to verify to get his coins. That is all that matters now.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:09:33 PM

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20195237-General-Questions

Q: Why is my account pending review?

A: There are 3 main reasons for this.
You transgressed one of the following Mt.Gox rules as follows:
- You have more than one account.
- You are using services like TOR, VPN, or any public networks
- You are not making deposits or withdrawal with your personal account.   

Do any of those apply?

Buy & Hold
theblazehen

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:19:35 PM

I have the same problem and I was not doing any of those things.

BURST: BURST-ZRT2-GB5S-A6CS-HBVAE
BinaryMage (OP)

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:22:57 AM

You should have verified yourself BEFORE conducting ANY sort of transaction on Mt. Gox. Always do the paperwork beforehand so that you don't get any surprises later on. Now you can either jump through hoops to verify yourself or cut your losses. I bet you'll choose the former regardless of your privacy concerns.

My account was created before verification, at least in its current form, even existed, and I had no idea that this could happen. In hindsight, of course, you are correct.

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20195237-General-Questions

Q: Why is my account pending review?

A: There are 3 main reasons for this.
You transgressed one of the following Mt.Gox rules as follows:
- You have more than one account.
- You are using services like TOR, VPN, or any public networks
- You are not making deposits or withdrawal with your personal account.   

Do any of those apply?

My ISP uses shared IPs, so I suspect that's where the confusion lies. (A support rep indicated something to do with multiple account on the same IP) Obviously, I have no control over this, but that didn't seem to deter them.

Irrelevant. He needs to verify to get his coins. That is all that matters now.

Thanks for the straight answer; that was more than support managed to give me.

Is it possible to terminate an account as described in the ToS and withdraw that way?

Should they wish to terminate their agreement with Mt. Gox, Members may close his/her Account at any time.

[...]

Upon termination, Members shall communicate a valid bank account to allow for the transfer of the currencies held on their account. Said bank account shall be held by the Member and shall be located in the same country from which funds initially originated (and in the case where funds originated from several countries, transfers shall be possible only to a valid bank account from which significant funds originated). Bitcoins may be transferred to a valid bank account only after conversion into a currency. Mt. Gox shall exercise reasonable efforts in transferring the currencies as soon as possible following the Member’s request provided, however, that any transaction fees levied by any bank intervening between the paying bank and the receiving bank (including the paying bank and the receiving bank) shall be deducted from the currencies transferred.

sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:01:04 PM

1) Do exactly what they want and try to forget about the fact that you are giving personal data to a company with a history of leaking personal data. This is what most people do.
2) Forget about the BTC and let them keep it.
3) Take them to court, they might pay out instantly to avoid even more negative publicity but don't count on it. If you are American taking them to court might not be too hard as Japan has been an American occupied territory with a semi-autonomous government since WWII.
Stampbit

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:58:54 PM

You can withdraw your drug money by trading you BTC for old rickety chairs then making a bridge out of em and charging a fee to cross it.
BinaryMage (OP)

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:30:26 AM

1) Do exactly what they want and try to forget about the fact that you are giving personal data to a company with a history of leaking personal data. This is what most people do.
2) Forget about the BTC and let them keep it.
3) Take them to court, they might pay out instantly to avoid even more negative publicity but don't count on it. If you are American taking them to court might not be too hard as Japan has been an American occupied territory with a semi-autonomous government since WWII.

No appealing options in the bunch, alas.

You can withdraw your drug money by trading you BTC for old rickety chairs then making a bridge out of em and charging a fee to cross it.

I wasn't aware "old rickety chairs" was a currency that MtGox supported, and even if it was, I doubt I would be able to withdraw in it anyway.

Thanks for the assistance, what of it there was. Unfortunately, it seems the answer I sought doesn't exist.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: