Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:47:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple - should I sell now or not ?  (Read 1930 times)
pisceanuk (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:23:49 PM

Hi,

I see Ripple is doing well. I bought some few months back. What do you guys think should I sell it now or wait ? I am bit optimistic about its prospects but need to know both sides of the argument.

Cheers
msti

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:42:08 PM

Ripple May Announce Extended XRP Supply Lock-up In June. This will probably drive price up
http://www.livebitcoinnews.com/ripple-may-announce-extended-xrp-supply-lock-june/
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:58:46 PM

Sell everything you have.  Altcoins are currently in an unsustainable bull market.  I don't know where this money is coming from, but once these whales are done with the shitcoins, the money is going back into bitcoin.  Ripple is going to be one of the casualties, believe me.  And if you own any BTC, it's going to be better for you if you sell.  And better for me.  lol

I don't own any Ripple, never have.  And I currently don't own any altcoins either.  I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think Ripple's a 'sell'.
Fantum

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 03:45:22 AM

Sell everything you have.  Altcoins are currently in an unsustainable bull market.  I don't know where this money is coming from, but once these whales are done with the shitcoins, the money is going back into bitcoin.  Ripple is going to be one of the casualties, believe me.  And if you own any BTC, it's going to be better for you if you sell.  And better for me.  lol

I don't own any Ripple, never have.  And I currently don't own any altcoins either.  I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think Ripple's a 'sell'.

A few people keep saying that bitcoin rules all the shitcoins and they will soon all fail, but bitcoin kind of sucks right now, the transaction fees keep increasing soon it will cost $10 to send something, and it takes sometimes 3 days, who would use bitcoin to buy anything, meanwhile many of these new coins have amazing tech that shames bitcoin. Maybe bitcoin is an old dog that needs to be put down. Even if bitcoin makes it to $3000 a piece by the end of the year many of these alt coins will survive and grow along with it.

As for ripple, isn't it tied to banking, even if the altcoin bubble pops ripple will still be used by anyone who uses fiat.
f0rmdeep

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 03:47:33 AM

Hi,

I see Ripple is doing well. I bought some few months back. What do you guys think should I sell it now or wait ? I am bit optimistic about its prospects but need to know both sides of the argument.

Cheers

read the news, and i don't mean bitcointalk.. study latest company material ( yes Ripple is run by a registered, licensed company so your coins don't have fraud risk )  and then also study latest projects ... especially SWIFT replacement, Japanese Banks usecase, General remittance etc

and then make a "informed" decision .. if you depend on bitcoin talk you will only be making "trolled-out" decisions and not informed ones...

anyways some information to get you starts ( With links to verify )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ripple does something that no other cryptocurrency does.

It is taking a share of SWIFT's load. Even a extremely conservative 3% SWIFT load (that is 300 Billion USD by the way) moving on RCL/xrp/rccloud would mean XRP will have to be between 2 to 4 USD to be liquid and act as counter party free collateral. additional value helps re-conciliation.

The yearly numbers from pewresearch (http://www.pewglobal.org/interactives/remittance-map/) and mind you this is only 42% of labor based ( daily hard working international employees ) remittance - sending money back to and fro home.

SBI VC Implementation specifics i got the following very interesting ones :-) source : (www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/investors/disclosure/presentation/pdf/170301presentations.pdf) SLIDE 34,35,36,and 45 :

Company registration, money + bit license and audit info on this thread  : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1904801.20

and this thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1912691.msg19010984#msg19010984

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and lastly, as this person below has said:
As for ripple, isn't it tied to banking, even if the altcoin bubble pops ripple will still be used by anyone who uses fiat.

Ripple also marks as a safe asset in case of any altcoin bubble bursting etc, as ripple's fundamentals are totally different and its value is not based on pure speculation, They are doing real business and signing deals.

good luck
blackhawk101

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:04:27 AM

YOU NEED CHANGE SIG TO BITCOIN... WHY PROMOTE THAT STORJ SHITCOIN?
f0rmdeep

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:12:36 AM

YOU NEED CHANGE SIG TO BITCOIN... WHY PROMOTE THAT STORJ SHITCOIN?

Hi,

and dear @pisceanuk be careful of trolls like @blackhawk101 above who tell things what to do, and whom to support (AKA bullies ) .. best for you is to smile. ignore and move on

wee sometimes they do have some entertainment value, so ... hope u get the point.. ;-)
MysticOne

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:41:46 AM

Hi,

Cheers

Sure you can make a decent profit on your investment at this point but it is coin that does have a lot of potential. If you do end up selling I wouldn't sell everything you have. Hold some back
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 09:49:36 AM

Hi,

Cheers

Sure you can make a decent profit on your investment at this point but it is coin that does have a lot of potential. If you do end up selling I wouldn't sell everything you have. Hold some back

i started buying ripple when its yet $0.02 and still holding on. if it has risen up to what it is now from the ground up, then it can be a skyscrapper later. i assume OP had also bought at a price when it was less than a cent.  its a good time to try accumulating for the price isn't  fluctuating much.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
randomdude

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:49:45 AM

I don't know where this money is coming from.
Lots of people in the financial sector got hyped by Ripple. That's probably gonna drive the price up for quite a while.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:51:12 AM

Sell everything you have.  Altcoins are currently in an unsustainable bull market.  I don't know where this money is coming from, but once these whales are done with the shitcoins, the money is going back into bitcoin.  Ripple is going to be one of the casualties, believe me.  And if you own any BTC, it's going to be better for you if you sell.  And better for me.  lol

I don't own any Ripple, never have.  And I currently don't own any altcoins either.  I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think Ripple's a 'sell'.
We already been in this situation. Bitcoin is going down so whales can buy more we didn't saw 2k this year, and this is a goal i believe. Some alts will hold, shit-coins (including ripple) will die which is good anyway. Remember how people rushed to sell on Chinese news? Be smart and buy low this is not the end of the World, this is end of the turn.
surus

Activity: 64

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 10:07:31 AM

How much could XRP benefit from the increased use of Ripple Payment Protocol, I don't think they are connected much..

Cryptocurrency arbitrage and market maker: www.rialto.ai
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 11:39:34 AM

OP should sell if he wants though. Just give chance to those who fud to buy at around $0.20 per ripple. that i think would be enough for you to buy 5 ripples per dollar. I do hope the price dips to $0.20.

ripple just overthrown ETH on coincap! every body wnats to get in but wnats price down  Grin funy because it goes up instead.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:12:54 PM

alts have pretty much detached from reality. it's really, really hard to predict what'll happen. it could carry on for months to unprecedented heights.

if i were you i'd get my initial investment back and then it no longer matters. it's then up to you as to how much profit you want to take. no one got sad taking a profit.
christie

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:15:18 PM

The whole market is going down now. Sell if you have profit, and be prepared to buy back if the market is going up again.

xhienigat

Activity: 420

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:43:49 PM

Based on some critics, ripple's market is currently low that's why it is hard for them to push the price up. Everyone who's holding ripple would suggest to sell them now with your profit and just buy them back once the market goes back up again.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
baam25

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:00:03 PM

Based on some critics, ripple's market is currently low that's why it is hard for them to push the price up. Everyone who's holding ripple would suggest to sell them now with your profit and just buy them back once the market goes back up again.

So if I understand you correctly, you are saying ripple is low right now so sell for profit. And then you said buy back when market goes up again. Are you advocating sell low buy high?  Huh
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:05:40 PM

You should choose your own way either sell or hold not mix of these
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:22:19 PM

So if I understand you correctly, you are saying ripple is low right now so sell for profit. And then you said buy back when market goes up again. Are you advocating sell low buy high?  Huh

Its stupid troll that just writes random stuff.

HODL for fuck sake.
Hammonds

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:15:53 PM

I never invested long term, but if I can advise it seems like xrp and gnt are stable enough for long period of time. Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: