Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:55:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.96.1 testing build #4  (Read 8010 times)
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 09:17:40 PM

Wait, you're using a NAS? Armory doesn't work all that well with that stuff because it mmaps every file on disk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:08:37 PM

Added new builds.

treeset

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:52:45 AM

Great!

Tried build armory_0.96.0.2-testing_win64.exe.
The memory problem as described in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1947650.0 is solved!
Used memory stays around 1,5 - 2 GB, and never gets filled up now. No pagefile swapping anymore.
Armory finishes in 9 minutes for first build of the databases and getting online!

Thank you for fixing the memory issue!
Mr.Vice

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:09:42 AM

Yeah!! Armory 0.96.01-testing build #2 rocks :-D
Everything's running pretty well so far. The address book functionality is still limited though (choosing addresses by pressing selection button still does'nt work), but that's just a minor bug.

I've experimentet a little with AV + Armory and it works when in your software ArmoryDB.exe has every incoming and outgoing port opened. When you're running it with "certain ports only (McAfee actually recommends this)" then it just opens a few static ports. So choosing "open for all devices" will let ArmoryDB receive every "lost" blocks between Core, without needing for rebuild&rescan.
That might be the reason why every version before 0.96 has worked, since ArmoryDB I think has used a static port, which has changed to dynamic port selection.
creamers

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:32:49 AM

I've always ran armory and bitcoin core on my HP proliant microserver without problem.

I've tested the second build 0.96.2 and it now finish without an error.  Grin

But, somehow armory is not seeing the whole bitcoin core chain, but will continue in another thread as this version seems to work fine now and I'm having (probably) another problem.

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:42:13 AM

Everything's running pretty well so far. The address book functionality is still limited though (choosing addresses by pressing selection button still does'nt work), but that's just a minor bug.

I knew I forgot about something... Can you elaborate on the issue, will look at it this week.

I've experimentet a little with AV + Armory and it works when in your software ArmoryDB.exe has every incoming and outgoing port opened. When you're running it with "certain ports only (McAfee actually recommends this)" then it just opens a few static ports. So choosing "open for all devices" will let ArmoryDB receive every "lost" blocks between Core, without needing for rebuild&rescan.
That might be the reason why every version before 0.96 has worked, since ArmoryDB I think has used a static port, which has changed to dynamic port selection.

People were complaining about the static port conflicting, so the setup has changed. When your client spawns the DB, it will use a dynamic port. More specifically when the db is spawned with --cookie, it will randomize its port and report it in its cookie file. You can force the port to a custom value however, using --fcgi-port. Try setting that in your armorydb.conf and letting the client spawn the DB for you.

But, somehow armory is not seeing the whole bitcoin core chain

Did you perform a full rebuild and rescan with .0.2?

Wiegerwijnia

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:10:56 PM

This version is maybe missing some files in the installer under ubuntu ?

I am getting errors with setting up menu items that armory_icon_64x64.png is missing.

I cannot start the application also, i get an error launching the application.

Mr.Vice

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:14:04 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 10:32:24 AM by Mr.Vice

Quote from: Mr.Vice on June 05, 2017, 11:09:42 AM

I knew I forgot about something... Can you elaborate on the issue, will look at it this week.

I will check it out in later builds as well. Great, thx! ;-)

Quote from: Mr.Vice on June 02, 2017, 09:59:14 AM
I've also found another bug in Armory Offline 0.96.0.1-testing. When I want to display already generated addresses again I can not use the right click options e.g. copy, show on blockchain.info, etc. nor I can spawn a pop-up window in the wallet's address explorer. Is this a known issue?

Which dialog is this happening in?

This is happening in the Wallets Properties dialog window in the offline version of Armory (also testing build #2). E.g. when selecting a specific address in the wallet you can not use the right-click options, neither can you double-click and display the address ledger of a specific address (for QR code or public/private keys of addresses).

Kind regards :-)
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:44:41 AM

This is happening in the Wallets Properties dialog window in the offline version of Armory (also testing build #2). E.g. when selecting a specific address in the wallet you can not use the right-click options, neither can you double-click and display the address ledger of a specific address (for QR code or public/private keys of addresses).

Double click works for me. Can you try to narrow it down? Which area of the line are you clicking? As for right click menu, there isn't one for this dialog.

bureaucrat

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:05:30 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 03:14:57 PM by bureaucrat

Hello, Im trying to install 0.96.1 testing build #2 to OS X (10.12.5) but it doesn't even starts
Bitcoin core installed, but not synced yet. Please help me to understand how to make it work with Mac. Thanks!

Code:
Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries
DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/../Dependencies:/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/../Dependencies:/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
  Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
       0x100000000 -        0x100000fff +Python (???) <DE9F445E-AF87-3A6F-B171-EF96DCC5B5D1> /Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
       0x1016ee000 -        0x10172bdc7  dyld (433.5) <322C06B7-8878-311D-888C-C8FD2CA96FF3> /usr/lib/dyld

gangtraet

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:39:35 PM

I tried again to build for OS X.  The same problem as previously appeared: ArmoryQt.py is not copied into the .app

If I copy it in manually, then it fails when it tries to
Code:
import CppBlockUtils as Cpp
There is nothing named CppBlockUtils.* in the .app.

To me, it looks like all prerequisites are compiled and installed in the .app, but Armory itself is not.
Mr.Vice

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:43:14 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 08:36:44 AM by Mr.Vice

Double click works for me. Can you try to narrow it down? Which area of the line are you clicking? As for right click menu, there isn't one for this dialog.

I've done the following steps:

1) Execute "Bitcoin Armory (Offline)".
2) Then I choose a wallet from the list of "available wallets" in the Main Window and double-click on the row with the selected wallet.
3) Now the "Wallet Properties" Window opens.
4) From there I expand the drop-down list of the "unused addresses" expander.
5) Another 3 expanders will be displayed for the address types (P2PKH, P2SH-P2PK, P2SH-P2WPKH). I expand the "P2PKH" expander list.
6) All addresses of this type are displayed. Now I choose any of them and double-click on the address column of the table. This is the layer where nothing pops up, so I can not copy and paste that address. In Armory Online there is a pop-up window from where I can copy that address or display public/private keys of that address.

armorylog.txt
Code:
2017-06-07 09:29:58 (WARNING) -- ArmoryQt.py:1828 - Not online, will not start bitcoind
2017-06-07 09:29:58 (INFO) -- ArmoryQt.py:4512 - Dashboard switched to auto-OfflineNoSatoshiNoInternet
2017-06-07 09:30:29 (ERROR) -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "qtdialogs.pyc", line 1478, in dblClickAddressView
  File "qtdialogs.pyc", line 3255, in __init__
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getLedgerDelegateForScrAddr'
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:23:49 PM

Ah I see. That can only happen in offline mode. Will push the fix in a few.

droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 03:09:37 AM

I tried again to build for OS X.  The same problem as previously appeared: ArmoryQt.py is not copied into the .app

If I copy it in manually, then it fails when it tries to
Code:
import CppBlockUtils as Cpp
There is nothing named CppBlockUtils.* in the .app.

To me, it looks like all prerequisites are compiled and installed in the .app, but Armory itself is not.

That means there's some sort of compile error when compiling the Armory code. Are you following the build notes? If so, what's your setup?
Mr.Vice

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:14:17 AM

Ah I see. That can only happen in offline mode. Will push the fix in a few.

Great, thx! :-)
There is a type of import addresses that is not supported by Armory, currently. Although Core does support it. I can not push an example, otherwise everyone could use that private key. It is not so important right now, but do you know what types of import addresses are not supported by Armory, which Core does support? And are there plans for the future to implement them?
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:40:24 PM

You mean compressed private keys?

gangtraet

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:46:30 PM

That means there's some sort of compile error when compiling the Armory code. Are you following the build notes? If so, what's your setup?

Yes, I am following the build nodes - more or less, at least.  I have not downgraded Xcode as that would cause other problems for me.  As I understand it, downgrading Xcode would be to build an app that also works on older versions of macOS.

macOS 10.12.5
Xcode 8.3.3
Code:
~$ clang --version
Apple LLVM version 8.1.0 (clang-802.0.42)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin16.6.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

I have a good deal more installed with Homebrew than what is listed on the installation page.
Code:
~$ brew list
autoconf jpeg pcre
automake lame pkg-config
boost libevent povray
dcraw libffi python
ffmpeg libmpc readline
fftw libpng sqlite
freetype libtiff swig
gcc libtool the_silver_searcher
gdbm libxc ufraw
gettext little-cms2 watch
glib mpfr wget
gmp netpbm x264
imagemagick open-mpi xvid
isl openssl xz
jasper openssl@1.1 zlib

If the Armory build itself has failed, I would have expected that the build script terminated with an error, but of course things may go wrong in many ways.  I will trawl through the log file, and see what I find.

If I get time, I might try to build in a clean virtual machine, where I can follow the instructions to the letter without messing up my day job Smiley

droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 08:46:02 PM

Yes, I am following the build nodes - more or less, at least.  I have not downgraded Xcode as that would cause other problems for me.  As I understand it, downgrading Xcode would be to build an app that also works on older versions of macOS.

Sort of. It's perfectly fine to use older versions unless you absolutely must have access to a particular SDK or there's a bug you're trying to fix.

In this case, the build target is OS X 10.7. Until I get the go-ahead to switch it to 10.8 (I believe goatpig wanted to ensure that older Mac users could get a version of Armory with SegWit support), users will have to swizzle the bits manually. The easiest thing to do is to go into the OS X build script and change the target version from 10.7 to 10.8. That should fix your issue.
walletrecoveryservices

Activity: 89
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 04:41:40 AM

Hi. I have used Armory for years, and I really like it.! Thanks for maintaining it Smiley
The latest builds (since 0.96, and including this latest 0.96.02 test build), do not output the comments when the transaction lists are exported via the "Export Transactions" to CSV menu.
For instance:
2014-Apr-21 12:58pm,9eb...,738339,3AznXg8eo,MyWallet (Watch),0.01,,,        0.01000000,        0.01000000,""

In previous versions, this was output as:
2014-Apr-21 12:58pm,9eb...,738339,3AznXg8eo,MyWallet (Watch),0.01,,,        0.01000000,        0.01000000,"InputTest"

So you can see that the comment (which is still visible in the Armory UI) is missing from the Exported Transactions.
Can you advise / fix? I really need this comment information to maintain my records of transactions...
Thanks Dave

Providing Cryptocurrency Wallet, Password and Seed Recovery Services since 2013
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:02:43 PM

Sounds like a bug, will look into it.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print