Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:04:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you hold your Ripple XRP?
Yes, wait for some years
Yes, but not long
No, wish I still had XRP
No, not interested

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your Ripple XRP?  (Read 2655 times)
Boxxl (OP)

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:52:31 AM

Will you hold your Ripple XRP?
It's now 2nd on coinmarketcap.

I think this coin will change the speed for transactions for banks.. after a couple of years..
What do you think?

No Signature right now...
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:54:33 AM

I think this coin will change the speed for transactions for banks.. after a couple of years..
What do you think?

Oh jeez, didn't think that Ripple would ever exceed Ethereum to be honest but it just did so... Guess I was wrong.

I would say that personally I can definitely see Ripple being used as an actual gateway to provide a transaction system for banks however I do think the price is a bit inflated as well. I would sell at least half my ripple for now and buy back later if there was to be a fall. Ripple has basically been rising since March and if you see the long term graphs you start to realise that this pump doesn't seem to be a very healthy one.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:58:57 AM

I do think the price is a bit inflated as well.

i wouldn't call >3300% rise in 40 days as "a bit inflated" that is called a "big ass bubble" Cheesy
and in my experience whenever people are talking about "holding an altcoin" that usually is a good Que to start thinking about some exit strategy because the selling time is getting close.

What do you think?

i think if banks want a faster transaction they will start their own internal blockchain system (which they are already doing) and not rely on another altcoin which they can not fully control.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:03:17 AM

i wouldn't call >3300% rise in 40 days as "a bit inflated" that is called a "big ass bubble" Cheesy
and in my experience whenever people are talking about "holding an altcoin" that usually is a good Que to start thinking about some exit strategy because the selling time is getting close.

What do you think?

i think if banks want a faster transaction they will start their own internal blockchain system (which they are already doing) and not rely on another altcoin which they can not fully control.

Yes, you're right, I would say that it is a bubble.

However you have to look at the context, sometimes a pump isn't necessarily just a bubble. Even a coin which is pumped to 500%+ in a day might have very good reasons, for exmaple some sort of ownership change, going from beta to actual version of the software etc. But I agree with you, Ripple is seeming like a very big bubble right now, great time to sell tbh. But I'm not sure whether this is going to be the ATH yet... The craze might even continue for longer.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:14:52 AM

Oh yes I'll hold my XRP (Ripple coin) as long as it takes. Based on the news and articles I've read I really think this coin has a big potential in the cryptoworld that's why I'm keeping this coin and hold it for a couple of years.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:42:42 AM

What do you think?
All altcoins have there potential to become successful even they have a low price for now we can see ethereum in the pass years have a low price also and then after few years in just go up without any signal maybe this is what will happen to some altcoins that will pump quickly so better to invest.
heikemo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:45:07 AM

It's an extreme bubble fueled by Japanese FOMO and uninformed investment:
https://medium.com/@coin_and_peace/new-wave-of-japanese-investors-are-fueling-the-great-altcoin-bubble-a504383172ff

They are buying it from "exchanges" like "Mr. Ripple" ffs
https://mr-ripple.com/

regexlove

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:07:59 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 09:45:48 AM by regexlove

Bubble!  
Trading rationally,  we can keep bubbles smaller and together improve the state of crypto. We can reduce the amount of squeezes and forced liquidation victims due to such  market manipulation and hysteria / gambling

$9 billion distributed
$15billion for ripple labs inc. company

"Lock in rumor" : Bad attempt to pump more,
when even $9 billions is too much and there should be a clear plan,
 not allowing any rumors.

3. CODE: Ripple code saw several times times fewer developers (contributors) than Ethereum, even Dogecoin.
(and 20 times fewer than Bitcoin -  http://coingecko.com ).  
But each contributor may be important,  and Volunteers, not hired,  are more independent.

4. Business:
SWIFT earns  $0.7 billion/year in revenues but only $0.02 billion in net profits.
 (https://www.swift.com/about-us/financials )

How many banks did politely leave discussion with ripple already without publishing that?

5. Popularity (low)
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=%2Fm%2F078rys,%2Fm%2F05p0rrx,ethereum,litecoin
freeElectron

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:53:31 AM

What do you think?

Yeah, but Ripple was started 2005.

It's not something you just catch up to.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:02:24 AM

I will hold my ripple coin or XRP. Because I see the potential of this coin I think I will hold for 1-2 years depends on how much will increase the price. For sure those people have XRP will earn a lot of money after a few years but you need only patience to get that. Because no coin have exact date when thay pump they all we need is patience. I will buy more XRP so I can make a lot of profit. Hold your XRP guyz dont sell it.
HAARP

Activity: 206

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:43:51 AM

Obviously and clearly a BUBBLE!

There is no reasonable thing to explain how the hell Ripple garbage exceeded Ethereum in market cap value....Interesting really. I don't know what to say.
mamaya

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:10:42 AM

I agree with most of the people here, its already in the final stages of a bubble. I think it will soon crash down hard.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:25:57 PM

So they just recently made 333million new coins from how i understand it. But i also read that somehow decreased something. Very confusing as to why people wqnt to hold something the devs can just make more of like that. Seems like you would lose out long run
Abi_Beam

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:47:32 PM

It's nice to ride the XRP wave, but I am treading carefully. I, too, feel that it might drop soon. So, not holding XRP for long.
HEWRA

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:49:49 PM

i have sold all my XRP, the price was too high. I think it will fall in next 3 days, so i dont hold any.
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:53:10 PM

Before this, I always said ripple is some is just another shit coin that only build for dev profit, especially when they add more millions coin. But now, I know I am wrong.
So many regret that I am not hold it earlier.

f0rmdeep

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:34:44 AM

Before this, I always said ripple is some is just another shit coin that only build for dev profit, especially when they add more millions coin. But now, I know I am wrong.
So many regret that I am not hold it earlier.

no worries, not your fault. Huge misinformation campaigns. Between it is only getting started.

In less then 2 years Ripple RCL+XRP can easily move atleast 3% of swifts workload which is like 300billion USD

+ numerious other payments, including even ETH DAPP's will be able to use Ripple XRP for settlement.

here source and links :

ETH DAPPS To use Ripple for settlement, win win combination
ETH and Ripple Live demo

so i can easily see multiyear appreciation for this asset. very strong fundamentals. good luck

Boxxl (OP)

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:39:36 AM

wow :-) Cool
Is this is good for Ripple?

No Signature right now...
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:58:10 AM

...snip...

However you have to look at the context, sometimes a pump isn't necessarily just a bubble. Even a coin which is pumped to 500%+ in a day might have very good reasons, for exmaple some sort of ownership change, going from beta to actual version of the software etc. But I agree with you, Ripple is seeming like a very big bubble right now, great time to sell tbh. But I'm not sure whether this is going to be the ATH yet... The craze might even continue for longer.

all these things you described look like pump to be honest because none of the reasons warrant a real demand for the coin and all show FOMO buying the coin to join in the possible price rise. for example ownership change, or sometimes even release of a wallet software or things like that doesn't really change much and we can see from their history that these coins get dumped which proves the pump assumption.

...snip...

2005 was just talk! the development began in 2011
i see on exchanges from 2013!
ripple company was funded in 2012!

but this is actually raising a pretty interesting question for me at least, and whenever i ask it nobody seems to have any proper answer for it.

these coins that are rising now have been around for years (not talking only about XRP) and nothing has changed about them. everything is almost the same as before but the price is rising.
you can't tell me that people suddenly decided after many years that these pump and dumping altcoins are suddenly good, and all of them at once!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
freeElectron

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 07:19:59 AM

...snip...

all these things you described look like pump to be honest because none of the reasons warrant a real demand for the coin and all show FOMO buying the coin to join in the possible price rise. for example ownership change, or sometimes even release of a wallet software or things like that doesn't really change much and we can see from their history that these coins get dumped which proves the pump assumption.

...snip...

2005 was just talk! the development began in 2011
i see on exchanges from 2013!
ripple company was funded in 2012!

but this is actually raising a pretty interesting question for me at least, and whenever i ask it nobody seems to have any proper answer for it.

these coins that are rising now have been around for years (not talking only about XRP) and nothing has changed about them. everything is almost the same as before but the price is rising.
you can't tell me that people suddenly decided after many years that these pump and dumping altcoins are suddenly good, and all of them at once!

"The predecessor to the Ripple payment protocol, Ripplepay, was first developed in 2004 by Ryan Fugger,[18][19] a web developer in Vancouver, British Columbia.[20] Fugger conceived of the idea after working on a local exchange trading system in Vancouver, and his intent was to create a monetary system that was decentralized and could effectively allow individuals and communities to create their own money. Fugger's first iteration of this system, RipplePay.com,[21] debuted in 2005 as a financial service to provide secure payment options to members of an online community via a global network."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_(payment_protocol)

MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:56:41 PM

i have sold all my XRP, the price was too high. I think it will fall in next 3 days, so i dont hold any.

What do you mean price was too high? Maybe you bought it when it was pumping. You could've waited for it to dump its value then buy the coin then sell it when its pumping. Too bad though. Currently price is at 18k.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:59:22 PM

I wonder wick one is next? Take a look at exchanges and find one coin in top 40 which was not pumped. It evident from 400sat to 18k, this is a bubble. It is very easy to manipulate people with news. Better prepare yourself for the exit plans.
Don't get too emotionally attached, this is one very good business, congrats to all who bought much earlier, nice pick!
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:09:57 PM

What do you mean price was too high? Maybe you bought it when it was pumping. You could've waited for it to dump its value then buy the coin then sell it when its pumping. Too bad though. Currently price is at 18k.
you should assess more mate, you should not sell your coins when there's a lots of updates and speculation that showing here and outside
ripple still moving up and i must say that 1 dollar can be achieved in a week or two but its just my personal opinion though.
bitbust

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:34:37 PM

Been buying into XRP gradually the past weeks. I think it's a great investment for this year. It's in the top 10 market caps(2nd today) and it's still very cheap. Most top alt coins will probably attract lot's of investors in the coming months, as more and more new people get attracted to crypto and BTC's price makes it seem less probable to make a X2 or bigger price jump. I think I'll hold on to my XRP at least till the next big BTC bull run.
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:51:53 PM

you should assess more mate, you should not sell your coins when there's a lots of updates and speculation that showing here and outside
ripple still moving up and i must say that 1 dollar can be achieved in a week or two but its just my personal opinion though.

1$ ripple will mean 100 billion$ market cap. Do you really think that is even remotely possible? This is just a summer hype. Once it will die down, we will see lots and lots and lots of bagholders crying.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:56:04 PM

1$ ripple will mean 100 billion$ market cap. Do you really think that is even remotely possible? This is just a summer hype. Once it will die down, we will see lots and lots and lots of bagholders crying.

I think you need to work on your math!
rifiuti

Activity: 320
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:03:22 PM

I sold my all Ripple just today. Price is stupid high.

I will wait for the next fall and will acquire at 13K-15K sat level again.
xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:03:43 PM

Haha 13 billion * 3 at current price if ripple is to be $1 😂😂 not 100 billion. I was holding stellar for some weeks and i had decided to cash out but that was before the pump. Luckily I took the risk to invest in ripple even at high price. I am not losing anything right now, since both stellar and ripple are pumping!
xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:05:31 PM

Its you who made the red marks on the graph lol 😂 not cool
Well i see a price going further higher according to bittrex graph. Only time will tell now
espante

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:11:23 PM

Yep the price really has gone stupid, I'm going all in and shorting it and I just don't believe it is the coin to overtake bitcoin (which it already has if you count total supply).
f0rmdeep

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:33:41 PM

Yep the price really has gone stupid, I'm going all in and shorting it and I just don't believe it is the coin to overtake bitcoin (which it already has if you count total supply).

anyways, just to remind you most of the money coming to ripple is fiat.

source : https://ripplefox.com/tool/balance

new investors who believe in Ripple being able to take over SWIFT are moving in. Bitcoin frogs cannot see there is a ocean outside beyond their well
espante

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:44:37 PM

anyways, just to remind you most of the money coming to ripple is fiat.

source : https://ripplefox.com/tool/balance

new investors who believe in Ripple being able to take over SWIFT are moving in. Bitcoin frogs cannot see there is a ocean outside beyond their well

Interesting graphs and I must say I didn't know that but it doesn't change the fact that its currently in a speculative bubble, I guess the next few days will tell whether I'm right or you and other supporters are. I shorted at 18700 satoshis and though I could profit already now but I'm going to wait until it hits 15k at least, perhaps more depending on the mood of the market.
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:53:21 PM

You do realize that total supply is 99.99 billion for XRP. It's simple math, you do not need space science math everywhere.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: